New Set/Sail Pass....where do you sign it?

I have a question for anyone that printed their set-sail pass recently. Where on earth do you sign it? It says it needs to be signed, but this pass is different than the other ones we used to fill out. It has to be signed, but does not have any lines that say "sign here" or "signature". I called, but they don't have a copy of the new set-sail pass. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

There is a lot of space below on the first page of the pass. Do you sign it there?

Thanks,

Gwen :)

I have a question for anyone that printed their set-sail pass recently. Where on earth do you sign it? It says it needs to be signed, but this pass is different than the other ones we used to fill out. It has to be signed, but does not have any lines that say "sign here" or "signature". I called, but they don't have a copy of the new set-sail pass. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

There is a lot of space below on the first page of the pass. Do you sign it there?

Thanks,

My SetSail pass looks the same as always. I'm looking at it right now, for a cruise in a couple of months. Maybe a browser or website issue?

Edited by clarea

Suggest you print off what you have...... I always sign mine in front of the check in person..... they'll get you another if what you have isn't good enough.

Alternatively try another browser.... ?

ETA Just had a look at my upcoming one in Chrome and it looks the same....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Mine looked fine when I printed it at home. Perhaps it is your printer??

If you are concerned, as someone said, just show someone at the desk that was what you had printed off, and they will either accept that, or give you another one to sign.

No, it is not the printer or my web browser. It is a different set/sail pass then what I am used to. I would post a picture, but don't know how to blur the names and private information. I just printed it out today and they changed it for some reason or other. No biggie....I am sure as long as I sign my name somewhere close to where my name is printed on the pass, it should be OK. Just wondered if anyone else had the same problem. They must have changed the format just recently.

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I will get an answer before we go. I have 40+ days. So, no real hurry.

Thank goodness for grandchildren that know all about computers.......:p Here is a picture of our set sail pass:

2014-07-11174346.jpg

Second page just says what to expect at the pier. Third page is just the dummy luggage tag. That's it.

Thank goodness for grandchildren that know all about computers.......:p Here is a picture of our set sail pass:

Second page just says what to expect at the pier. Third page is just the dummy luggage tag. That's it.

Is it possible that your charges are being assumed by another guest, and that the other guest us also accepting the cruise contract for you?

One of the posters on the Diamond/DiamondPlus/Pinnacle thread asked the same question a few weeks ago. From what I remember about her post, she found out they are testing a new format for the set sail pass and she was told she could sign anywhere.

They have not rolled this out fleet wide yet.

I had the new setsail form on the first cruise of a B2B. (The second leg had the one we are used to seeing.)I asked the agent about it when I handed her the paperwork (in FLL). She said no need to sign and when I pulled out my Credit Card she said she didn't need it. No need to panic.

Thanks all...I was beginning to think I was losing it.:eek:

I wasn't that worried, just seemed so strange that no one else had the same thing there for a while. I feel better now.;)

I still like the old one better though.

Gwen, your SetSail Pass looks exactly like the one I printed for our upcoming cruise in September on Explorer. When I called C&A they said to sign it anywhere on the page. I believe this is the new format for SetSail Passes.

Edited by cruisenfever

Gwen, your SetSail Pass looks exactly like the one I printed for our upcoming cruise in September on Explorer. When I called C&A they said to sign it anywhere on the page. I believe this is the new format for SetSail Passes.

Thanks Patti. They didn't know what I was talking about when I called. Maybe they are trying it out for the Explorer. That's what cruise this is for. I must be a guinea pig because I know so far, I am the only one that has one like this on our roll call thread. Didn't hear from everyone though. I posted the pic on there too, just in case someone else has the same thing.

My daughter and her family and my husband and I are sailing on the same cruise in a few days. My set sail pass is the same as it has always been and my daughter's is the same as yours.

I had the new setsail form on the first cruise of a B2B. (The second leg had the one we are used to seeing.)I asked the agent about it when I handed her the paperwork (in FLL). She said no need to sign and when I pulled out my Credit Card she said she didn't need it. No need to panic.

Why does that not surprise me? Got to love Royal 's IT department (somebody has to [emoji14])

Thanks Patti. They didn't know what I was talking about when I called. Maybe they are trying it out for the Explorer. That's what cruise this is for. I must be a guinea pig because I know so far, I am the only one that has one like this on our roll call thread. Didn't hear from everyone though. I posted the pic on there too, just in case someone else has the same thing.

We are on the Sept 6th Explorer cruise and the Set Sail is the same as it always has been. No change for me.

If I had the new style like you, I guess I would just print it out and hand it to the clerk at check-in. If they don't specify a place to sign it, just leave it blank.... If they need something, they will tell you at that time.

We are on the Sept 6th Explorer cruise and the Set Sail is the same as it always has been. No change for me.

If I had the new style like you, I guess I would just print it out and hand it to the clerk at check-in. If they don't specify a place to sign it, just leave it blank.... If they need something, they will tell you at that time.

That's what I plan on doing. If they want me to sign it, then I will. Although it says on the 2nd page to sign it. I have a call in to my RCCL TA, so will see if she knows anything. At least I know I'm not the only one with this new pass.