Hong Kong pre cruise Hotel

Bancos01

Last year we stayed at the YMCA's Salisbury right downtown. Very comfortable. It was very convenient for we sailed from the downtown pier, not the new one. Still it was a great price, nice restaurant and easy to get to the ferry for sightseeing.

You would have to get a cab to the new terminal. Check it out.

I would not stay by the airport, it is away from the main areas of Hong Kong. Also the cruise terminal if a bit away from the hotels, main shopping areas and other tourist attractions.

See the following site for information about Hong Kong

In Hong Kong we would want to right downtown. One could certainly debate whether to stay on Kowloon or the other side, but being near the water (and Star Ferry) is very handy and its fun to walk out of your hotel and be right in the heart of the city.

Hank

My favorite hotel is the Intercontinental. It has a great view of the magical harbor and its nightly light show. It's walking distance to the ferries too.

I ALWAYS stay at Marriott hotels, but in Hong Kong, make an exception.

• 2 weeks later...
Last year we stayed at the YMCA's Salisbury right downtown. Very comfortable. It was very convenient for we sailed from the downtown pier, not the new one. Still it was a great price, nice restaurant and easy to get to the ferry for sightseeing.

You would have to get a cab to the new terminal. Check it out.

This is our favorite. Closer to the Star Ferry than the Peninsula which is right next door. Being a YMCA there is no bar, but there's plenty of time for that on the ship. Get a room facing the water so you can enjoy the light show.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the royal pacific hotel and towers. Over the road from the star ferry. Shopping centre close, and shops under the hotel. We took the train from the airport to Kowloon then a free shuttle bus dropped us outside the hotel 5 mins away. Nice hotel and great location. Plan to stay here on my next trip