Atrium Cafe - Free or Charge? Menu of Items?

LMaxwell

What is an Atrium Cafe? I've never heard of one on NCL. Listen to Harriett. ;)

Well it's clearly listed on the NCL Dining Guide as Atrium Cafe. Some photos I have seen seem to indicate some items are free and some are for a charge. Not every ship has a Carlos Bake shop, so that's why I ask are some items free or is everything on all ships now for a charge.

Well it's clearly listed on the NCL Dining Guide as Atrium Cafe. Some photos I have seen seem to indicate some items are free and some are for a charge. Not every ship has a Carlos Bake shop, so that's why I ask are some items free or is everything on all ships now for a charge.

If I remember correctly, they usually have "sponge cakes" (various flavors) for free at the Atrium Cafe. They are not very tasty - but they are free of charge. Not certain if that is still the case on ships that also have pastry from Carlo's Bake Shop....

Which ships do not have a Carlo's Bakery on board. I thought all of them were changed over?

Which ships do not have a Carlo's Bakery on board. I thought all of them were changed over?

We did a cruise on the Norwegian Pearl last October, and they did NOT have a Carlo's Bakery on board by then.... :(

Here is a press release from NCL regarding Carlo's Bakery - where it states that it should be fleet wide by the end of 2014 (I am not 100% certain that is the case though):

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_030414

According to the Freestyle Dining Brochure on the Norwegian website, all ships except Breakaway and Getaway have some sort of coffee shop with "Carlos Bake Shop Treats". B&G just say Atrium Cafe.

The dining brochure can be found here:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining-Guide-10032014.pdf

According to the Freestyle Dining Brochure on the Norwegian website, all ships except Breakaway and Getaway have some sort of coffee shop with "Carlos Bake Shop Treats". B&G just say Atrium Cafe.

That sounds strange, since Breakaway and Getaway were actually the first two NCL ships with Carlo's Bake Shop on board....

Some ships have an actual 'Carlos Back Shop' and others simply have their goods in their Atrium Cafe. However, the Breakaway was the very first to have a 'Carlos Back Shop' and the Getaway was the 2nd. Just off the Sun and although they don't have a dedicated 'Carlos Bake Shop' they did have their goods in the Atrium Cafe, for which there was a charge and nothing was for free.....not even the regular coffee.

Harriet

Who, in my personal opinion.......things Carlos Back Shop Treats are not the best in NY and they were in the right place at the right time when they started to become famous on TV.

I paid for coffee there every morning on the BA, since the rest of the coffee on the ship was, IMHO, undrinkable. I saw a lot of Cake Boss things that cost money. I didn't notice anything free, but then, I didn't ask either. They have a nifty pecan shortbread that costs money, but it was really yummy, and paying for a coffee each morning seemed like a necessity, honestly.

That sounds strange, since Breakaway and Getaway were actually the first two NCL ships with Carlo's Bake Shop on board....

Yea, I figured that as a pp has stated that there was a stand alone Carlos on B&G.

Are you port or starboard on your S.American cruise?

We are in the front, managed to get one of the two forward facing balcony cabins.....! :D

PS: Sorry to the OP regarding going a little "off topic" here.... :p

Yes I know, the port or the starboard one....might leave you a secret present if you are in the starboard one!

• 1 year later...