Picture review of the Conquest June 3-8 Sailing

bluejay555

Any time I go on a cruise, I love to research. It's part of the fun! I try and look at as many reviews as I can find. That's one reason I like writing reviews. The other reason is because it's a great way to keep a travel journal for myself! But anyway, I will be posting lots of pictures and giving lots of information that hopefully is helpful!

A little background info....I used to cruise with my husband but he never loved it like I did, and eventually he put his foot down and said he was done. IWhat??? I can't even imagine!) So now I cruise with my mom and two daughters (age 10 and 12). We have an annual "Girls' Cruise". We usually drive to New Orleans, because it's the closest port to Missouri (not to mention we love cruising down the Mississippi) but this year decided to do something different. We drove to Fort Lauderdale, which took TWO DAYS of driving one way. I'm a teacher, so I have the extra time during the summer, but wow that was a lot of driving!

We stayed night number one in Valdosta, Ga at a Drury Inn, and that was nice, but night two was at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Now THAT was a hotel! It is right by the water, has an amazing pool, and we could see the cruise ship from our balcony. I highly, highly recommend staying there!!!

Here we are! Finally made it to Florida!!

IMG_0580_zpspcraibtl.jpg

IMG_0660_zps8zeqwwgs.jpg

IMG_0617_zpsayfqw5cg.jpg

The view was spectacular! We sat out on the balcony and ate our room service food. The bar restaurant closed early and the hotel restaurant seemed a little fancy for us, so we just ordered in. It was great!

IMG_0648_zpsm3oyuhqc.jpg

IMG_0636_zpsjuqgjw0j.jpg

IMG_0634_zpsovc4pu39.jpg

Woke up to this view! It's cruise time!!!

IMG_0642_zpsxy1qzn1a.jpg

Now, Port Everglades has staggered check in, and our time was 11am. We were only minutes from the port, so it was a long wait at the hotel!!!

We found Port Everglades to be super confusing. We followed the signs to the parking garage, but once in, we had no idea where to go. In New Orleans, you take an elevator down from the parking garage and it opens up inside the terminal. Here, we just walked outside the garage and it was a zoo of people leaving the ship. There were ZERO signs telling us where to go. We had to walk across traffic to the main building and figured out where to enter...finally. When we got inside, we saw the huge line for FTTF people and thought, haha! We'll be on the ship before them! Well, no we weren't lol They were let on first, and rightly so. We had to actually wait quite a while for our "number" to be called. We walked on about 12:30, which was perfect because we could go eat and then our room would be ready. Too bad it was pouring down rain.

IMG_0662_zpsdjm42xjh.jpg

The girls luckily had a game in their bag to pass the time

IMG_0668_zpsbut1a723.jpg

Great review and pictures. I hope there will be more about the ship and your activities. We enjoyed cruising on the Conquest twice. Beautiful ship, fantastic crew, and wonderful itineraries.

Thanks! Yeah, I plan on sharing lots of details about the entire cruise!

It was pouring rain, and we carried on all our luggage, but the first place we went was the lido deck for some lunch. This was my first time having Guy's Burgers. Great food! Loved how they had a condiment bar with all the fixins available. The only issue was the ketchup dispenser would get stuck and keep shooting out ketchup after released. There was a huuuuge mound of ketchup that quickly spread all over everything and it was like that the entire cruise! Gross.

IMG_0669_zpswbfu1ywl.jpg

Our first towel animal :) We had an awesome room steward. His name was Putu. He came and introduced himself first thing and asked if we wanted service twice daily. I declined and asked for evening service only. I don't see why we can't pick up after ourselves in the morning! The only reason I would have needed him is because we ordered room service every single morning and then had a tray to set in the hallway. I always hate doing that, but actually a room steward saw me hesitating with my tray and told me that setting it on the floor was perfectly acceptable and there would be someone around collecting dishes soon. Ha! I've gone years with wondering if that was a faux pas and now I know!!!

IMG_0670_zpsufh8vmrd.jpg

We were docked next to Royal Carribean. It was fun watching them sail away. Beautiful ship.

IMG_0673_zpsoeed4dg6.jpg

We are doing the same itinerary and ship June 17-22 can't wait to read the rest of your review !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome! I will be reviewing the ports but I'll say right now that HMC is amazing!!! Stay tuned :)

Thank you for your review and the very nice photos!

Thanks for following along!

Thanks for doing this review ! We leave in August and it's our first Carnival Cruise , excited to see and hear more about your trip !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yay! You are gonna love Carnival!

Great start to your review! We'll be on the Conquest for the first time next year, so we'll be following along! :cool:

It's a great ship! Not nearly as crowded-feeling as the Dream class. The decor theme is Impressionist Painters and I'm an elementary school art teacher so it was right up my alley!

The Coast Guard really put on a show as we sailed away. They were zooming back and forth and going in circles, and there were tons of people whooping and hollering and waving off their balconies. I've never seen that kind of send-off before!

IMG_0682_zps0i95scuz.jpg

It was rainy, so the pictures are not great, but here we are leaving Port Everglades.

IMG_0693_zpseuyst745.jpg

IMG_0695_zps5kgrc6rs.jpg

IMG_0699_zpsxfn39dnh.jpg

IMG_0714_zpsojwjkr2c.jpg