Allure Entertainment Questions

eliezra

First RCI cruise for our family, very excited! We can book reservations for entertainment now, but I have a few questions. I am hoping some of you could chime in with info to help me plan our 7 nights of fun!.

1. There are 2 evenings have a Headliner show, will they be the same show?

2. We have 12 year old boys who love comedy. It looks like all comedy shows indicate 'adult', but under 17 can attend with adult. Is the 7:30pm show more kid friendly by chance?

3. Looks like the ice show is 'Ice Games'. Is this really a game or is it a show? I haven't really read anything about this show, I thought the ice show was 'How to Tame your Dragon'. Must have changed.

Thanks much for any input!

Amy

First RCI cruise for our family, very excited! We can book reservations for entertainment now, but I have a few questions. I am hoping some of you could chime in with info to help me plan our 7 nights of fun!.

2. We have 12 year old boys who love comedy. It looks like all comedy shows indicate 'adult', but under 17 can attend with adult. Is the 7:30pm show more kid friendly by chance?

3. Looks like the ice show is 'Ice Games'. Is this really a game or is it a show? I haven't really read anything about this show, I thought the ice show was 'How to Tame your Dragon'. Must have changed.

Amy

The Headliner is the same for both nights.

Comedy club . . . I would hesitate to bring 12 year olds to the venue. It would defend on the comics during that cruise. Some are “calmer”than others. There’s no way to know ahead of time. I don’t know if Royal allows that young of children in or not.

Ice Games is the name of the ice show production. How to Train Your Dragon is an extra ice show they do once during the cruise if I remember correctly.

Amy

12 year olds should NOT, under any circumstance, be going to the Comedy Club. One of the two comedians will have a family-friendly show in the main theater on the final night of your cruise. Take them to that.

Ice Games is just the title of the ice skating show. It's great.

How to Tame Your Dragon is an "extra" ice show that does not take reservations. Watch your Cruise Compass.

Amy

In summary

1. There is only one Headliner per cruise with performances on several nights and times.

2. There will be one comedy show.in the main theater. Put on by the same two comedians. That performance will be PG rated. Check compass.

3. There will be two ice shows. There will also be open skating for passengers

4. You didn't ask but there will two shows in the Aqua Theater.

You might also have an additional aquatheater show "Let You Entertain Me" hosted by King Julian. No reservations for that one, either. Ice Games is loosely based on Monopoly, but connection is very vague. Dragon show was better. And don't forget Blue Planet. Very well done. Even the 2 year old next to me loved the tree and the underwater scene.

In summary

1. There is only one Headliner per cruise with performances on several nights and times.

2. There will be one comedy show.in the main theater. Put on by the same two comedians. That performance will be PG rated. Check compass.

3. There will be two ice shows. There will also be open skating for passengers

4. You didn't ask but there will two shows in the Aqua Theater.

Agree with this. Would also add that we had good luck reserving for the earliest possible shows. As in, we saw the Aqua Theater show on the night we sailed away. If you love it, you can usually get in later on standby. But if you avoid seeing it early, and it turns out you love it...then you won't see it again.

You can book in advance for one ice show and one aqua theater show. During the cruise, each venue will have another show, geared around a Dreamworks Animation cast of characters. It seemed like those were not nearly as well attended, so I'm guessing that's part of why they don't take reservations in advance.

Someone hear mentioned MAMMA MIA. I would not take LITTLE kids to this. It's quite long (2.5 hours) and PG-13.

The comedians are NOT kid friendly, and the venue itself is small and certainly has an adult vibe. A young child would stick out like a sore thumb. We found the two comedians we saw to be R-rated, but not terribly vulgar (although I have a high tolerance). And as mentioned, towards the end of the cruise, they will schedule a PG show in the main theater (ours featured both comedians) and your kids should like that.

Were the comedians “r” rated AND crude? My DH and I don’t find crude comments funny and no need to resort to that to try to get a laugh. Also it’s one thing to tease a member of the audience but to be mean to them just to get a laugh is not accepted either. The comedian on Harmony was so rude to this elderly German woman who was cruising alone and sat in the front row (probably to see and hear better). We just hoped she didn’t understand what he was saying, and by the end of the show the poor lady had fallen asleep in her seat.

Were the comedians “r” rated AND crude? My DH and I don’t find crude comments funny and no need to resort to that to try to get a laugh. Also it’s one thing to tease a member of the audience but to be mean to them just to get a laugh is not accepted either. The comedian on Harmony was so rude to this elderly German woman who was cruising alone and sat in the front row (probably to see and hear better). We just hoped she didn’t understand what he was saying, and by the end of the show the poor lady had fallen asleep in her seat.

The comedy shows in the dedicated comedy venues on Oasis class ships have always been "R" rated.

The comedy shows in the dedicated comedy venues on Oasis class ships have always been "R" rated.

Yes, I realize they are “R” rated, just wondered how “crude” the comedians were on Allure because of our experience with them on Harmony.

Yes, I realize they are “R” rated, just wondered how “crude” the comedians were on Allure because of our experience with them on Harmony.

It really depends on the comedian. Most of the comedians we have seen use a lot of four letter words for emphasis. We had one comedian say at the beginning of his act that he does not swear because he is able to get his points across without the language. He was the most graphic comedian we have ever seen.

Crude is a different story because people tolerate humor differently. I am not one to like a lot of potty humor, where others find it very funny, I would consider it crude.

The comedians change regularly. Each comedian does his (or rarely, her) own thing. There is no way to know what shows will be presented on YOUR cruise.

Many cross the line of what is now commonly referred to as "political correctness."

There can be use of profanity, sexual innuendo, toilet humor, crude situations, etc.

But no one knows what will happen when YOU walk into the Comedy Club.

the four letter words are tolerable, but usually unnecessary to make a comedic point. It’s the perverted sexual inuendo that we find crude and totally not tolerable. We aren’t prudes, but we’ve decided to just forego the adult rated comedian because we really don’t need to be part of that entertainment when there are so many other fun things to do: like take a romantic dip in the solarium pool in the evening:)

Happy cruising!