CHEERS program questions? Can we start it later in the trip, unlimited soda, etc...

LongHill44

Reading up on the CHEERS program and I had a few questions:

I know it's 15 drinks a day, but does soda or bottled water count as one of the 15?

If not, is soda and bottle water unlimited if I have the CHEERS program?

If we cruise Sun-Sun, can I sign up say on a Tues or Weds or do I have to do the full 7 days?

Can CHEERS be utilized on the ports of call, Turks, Half Moon Cay and Freeport?

Any other pluses to getting CHEERS?

I know it's 15 drinks a day, but does soda or bottled water count as one of the 15?

If we cruise Sun-Sun, can I sign up say on a Tues or Weds or do I have to do the full 7 days?

Soda, bottled water, milkshakes ,etc do NOT count toward your 15.

Yes, soda and water are unlimited.

You can sign up on day 1 or 2 only unless you are sailing out of Galveston,then it is not valid until day 2. (And one other port, thinking it's New York or Mobile, not sure.)

Cheers is valid on the ship in your ports of call, but not on the islands themselves.

Cheers for us is the best value on the ship. Not having to worry about your bar tab is a great feeling!

All non alcoholic beverages are included and unlimited, including soda, juice, bottled water (still or sparkling), milkshakes, vitamin water, energy drinks (Rockstar), espresso based coffees drinks and bottled iced tea. Alcoholic drinks are 15 per day and don't include pitchers, beer tubes, floaters, drinks with glasses and self serve wine or beer. You best bet is to enjoy the Alchemy Bar, which has mixologists making the best drinks at sea using fresh ingredients, not bartenders following a recipe using pre-made boxed mixes.

Unless your cruise goes out of Galveston or NYC, and possibly Mobile I don't think so. Thise ports fo not allow Cheers on day one, so the program officially starts on day two when she would legally be eligible. When Cheers first started, the day two option was a possibility for all cruises, but the rules have changed and you need to buy it on day one now unless you're embarking from one of the above mentioned ports. Because of this, your daughter is still 20 on day one of the cruise and if you're embarking from Miami or Tampa or any other regular port, then she will not be able to participate and on the day of her birthday she'll need to get a new sail n sign card that stipulates that she is no longer a minor so that she can purchase alcoholic beverages a la carte.

Our cruise is on 6/9/18. My daughter turns 21 on the 10th. Can she buy the cheers package the next day?

I don't believe so. You used to be able to purchase on the 2nd day, but I don't think that you can any longer.

I do advise searching the threads on this as it has been discussed in extreme detail.

What I will add is that it does "enhance" your experience - you can try different drinks, you can let one you don't like or has melted down go to "waste" and not feel so bad.

I also saved money by pre=paying it and got it for a discount and used my gift card. It was nice not having a surprise bar bill at the end of the trip.