What Deck & Room were you on Caribbean Princess?

Keisele

I was wondering if those of you who have already had the pleasure of sailing the Caribbean Princess would be so kind as to tell those of us who are waiting to sail a little about what the cabins and decks were like. More specificaly...What deck and cabin type were you in? Were the balconies covered or exposed? Were the room average, smaller or larger? Did the twin beds conform to queens?

Keisele,

Good question. We have only 1 of 4 cabins on the Grand class that have porthole windows on the back of the ship next to the Terrace Pool. We've always had a balcony so this is really different. I'm hoping to use the expanse of this aft area as my balcony with a pool of course. Just wondering how this cabin worked for you, how high were the portholes. I'm only 5' tall will I be able to see out. Are there two windows. Can the beds be made as a queen. Any positives or negatives? Would you book this kind of a room again. We're not sailing until Sept so I could upgrade and pay for a balcony. Thank you.

Riviera 401, a suite, starboard side. Large bedroom area, separate living area, bathroom in two sections, one with toilet and marble vanity/sink, one with good size shower (glass doors) and a jacuzzi tub, huge balcony, teak furniture, two chaises, a side table, a dining table and two dining chairs, huge amounts of storage space in the form of cabinets, closet, etc. two televisions, daily tea, hors d'oeuvres, large, elegant towels, nice bathrobes and slippers (which we were told to keep at no charge), etc. etc. This was an upgrade from AA category and I doubt we can ever go back. . .

Be aware...cabins located over Club Fusion will enjoy the music played in the club without leaving their cabin....until the weeeeeeeeee hours of the morning. We had E730 and it was very noisy.... we were morning people....now we're night owls! :-)

Hi - my cabin was D522 cat AA mini-suite fairly mid-ship, port-side. Very quiet, roomy for a cabin - full bathroom, closet area, convertable to queen beds and sitting area, 2 TV's, mini-frig, nice balcony with 2 reclining chairs,2 regular white plastic chairs,2 small tables and the carpet was a blue rubber/plastic. The only thing of note was that since it was Dolphin deck, the balcony was fully open and the folks above could look down and see you.

We had booked an AC guarantee and our cabin assignment was an AA, so we got a very nice cabin for the price and it was well worth the extra expense for the bigger cabin.

igloo42

Uh oh mschnackel, we're in E730...what's your definition of weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee icon_eek.gif.

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

We are in a BC cabin on the Aloha deck A401. Doesn anyone know what is ontop of us? On our last cruise we were below the dining room and had some major noise both day and night.

It's our first balcony cruise. What make balcony's so inviting to you?

Dan

stikdog_e0.gif

CARRIBEAN PRINCESS JAN 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;01;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL'S LEGEND JAN 2003

CELEBRITY'S CENTURY DEC 2003

cflbird2dog_e0.gif

RustyNail,

According to the brochure, the Riviera deck is above the Aloha deck, and you have cabins above you. Suites, it looks like. The allure of the balcony? You're own private balcony! Drinking coffee in the morning air, watching as the ship pulls into port (for us early risers) drinking wine in the evening air. Reading a book. Watching Dolphins in the water. Now that I have had a balcony, I can never go back. I love the balcony. My sister, on the other hand, has only had inside cabins. She says if she wants fresh air, she can go on the public decks. She would prefer to spend her money elsewhere. To each his/her own! icon_smile.gif

WooHoo, cruisin' again in May 2004!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by igloo42:

my cabin was D522 cat AA mini-suite .... The only thing of note was that since it was Dolphin deck, the balcony was fully open and the folks above could look down and see you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And I have the pics to prove just how much she enjoyed the balcony!! icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif Just kidding!!! Hee hee hee!!! icon_razz.gif

We were in A635, which is located on the starboard side, a bit in front of the aft elevators. It's a great room in a great location, with one exception. On embarkation day and the night before disembarkation, you can hear the crew moving luggage in and out. The main door is directly across the hall from this room and A637. We weren't in the room much when they were doing this, but only long enough to know it happened. Other than that, it's a great cabin!! Our cabin steward, Cassy, was great!! Very friendly and helpful. icon_smile.gif

Caribbean Princess - 4/2004

Dawn Princess - 12/2003

Sea Princess - 12/2000

Emerald Seas - 7/1984

We have a balcony room on the Baja deck and the website says there are music systems (I think that was the wording) in the rooms. What does that mean?

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01 Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

We were in a cat BB on Caribe deck, C258. Room was great. It seemed like there was more storage space than we've had on other Grand class ships. More than enough for two. The balcony was as advertised - very large. We could see down on the D deck below and they were not as large. There was enough room to put a lounge chair on the balcony in addition to the two chairs and table and the two chairs with pads, although we didn't do that. If there was a music system in our roon I didn't find it, although I'll admit I didn't look for one, either. They did advertise that you could turn your TV to a certain channel and hear the band at the sailaway parties on your balcony. Maybe those music systems are a perk of the mini-suites and suites.

Doug

To Opokie (Doug): We are going to be in room C254 on this ship in November. I think that is right next to the room you had on Caribe deck. I have always sailed midship. Can you tell me whether it was rough sailing at all near the front of the ship? Also, did you have any noise from the doors across the hall from these rooms or from the nearby elevators? Did you notice whether there was a DVD or VCR in the room? Thanks a bunch for answering these questions!!!! Jolinda

Summit, November 2002

Brilliance, March 2003

Serenade, August 2003

You are correct. C254 would be right next door, I believe. The seas were so calm all week that we felt virtually no movement. I remarked a couple of times that I wish the ship would move a little bit so I'd know I was on one. There seemed to be a bit more noise from the hallway than I had noticed on previous cruises but that may be due to my advancing age! No noise from the elevators or stairways. The room steward usually put his cart right outside the room in the morning but that wasn't until after 7:00 or 7:30. All in all, what noise there was was never a problem. Much more quiet than a hotel. There was no DVD or VCR in the room. We loved the room! Say hello to Ibarra if he's still working that section.

Doug

Hi

We're booked in C247 and we've never been in the front of the boat before either. We tried to get mid but booked late and gratefully took what we could get. Thanks for the info. I was a little bit worried about noise and movement.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;8;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Caribbean Princess

opokie-

We were originally booked on the Caribe Deck C518, but heard the twin beds did not conform to a queen, plus the fact we would have two teenagers with us, we upgraded to a mini-suite. Now our cabin is on the Dolphin Deck, aft end. Being it was a mini-suite I thought the deck would have been larger. This is the first time we will be in an "aft" cabin. I was hoping for a little shade on the deck, but from what you tell me we will be exposed icon_eek.gif

JKStar,

The Grand and Golden do not have Club Fusion. This is new to the Caribbean Princess. The Grand and Golden had a show lounge, but not a night club. As for the balcony. It was wonderful...extended. We had 2 regular chairs and a square table AND two chairs which reclined. It is also covered...very private. We loved having the extra room and being the last one, had the luxury of being able to see the rear of the ship. This is great for taking photos!

As for the noise, there definitly was noise from the nightclub. I would not book this stateroom again. But, at the end of the day we were so tired we managed to fall asleep to the rhythm of the beat!

[This message was edited by mschnackel on 04-14-04 at 07:06 AM.]

[This message was edited by mschnackel on 04-14-04 at 07:08 AM.]

Archived