"Operation Brightstar" - Ever hear that announced on a Carnival ship?

modnar

We've only been on two cruises: Carnival Jubilee in July 2003 and Carnival Conquest on the 7/11/2004 sailing. At least once on each cruise, I've heard an announcement over the P.A. system that said something like "Operation Brightstar" and then gave a location.

We heard it on the Conquest last week and thought it sounded familiar. We then remembered hearing it on Jubilee the year before and wondering about it then as well.

There was an unfortunate moment last week on Conquest where a person had to be taken out of the main lounge on a stretcher during one of the comedian shows. Before the medical team got there, I remember hearing an announcement from the hallway that included the lounge location but did not hear if they said "Operation Brightstar" or what else they said with that announcement.

Is this some kind of code word for a medical emergency?

My Husband And I Are Going On The Conquest 9-12-04. I Have Heard That They No Longer Have The Midnight Buffet. Is This True?

We Cruised The Conquest 3-03 And There Was A Buffet Everynight.

How Was Your Cruise ? Where Were You Located On The Ship?

We Are On The Lido Deck Cabin #9283. We Are Just Wondering If It Is As Wonderful As It Was Before!!

Thanks For Any Info.

We've only been on two cruises: Carnival Jubilee in July 2003 and Carnival Conquest on the 7/11/2004 sailing. At least once on each cruise, I've heard an announcement over the P.A. system that said something like "Operation Brightstar" and then gave a location.

We heard it on the Conquest last week and thought it sounded familiar. We then remembered hearing it on Jubilee the year before and wondering about it then as well.

There was an unfortunate moment last week on Conquest where a person had to be taken out of the main lounge on a stretcher during one of the comedian shows. Before the medical team got there, I remember hearing an announcement from the hallway that included the lounge location but did not hear if they said "Operation Brightstar" or what else they said with that announcement.

Is this some kind of code word for a medical emergency?

Hey, Modnar, we were on the same cruise last week (Conquest 7/11) and heard the announcement; I remember the location was the engine room. We heard 2 announcements in a row. I was not aware that anyone was taken out on a stretcher! How awful. We did not know what that code meant. I hope the injured person is okay.

Hey, Modnar, we were on the same cruise last week (Conquest 7/11) and heard the announcement; I remember the location was the engine room. We heard 2 announcements in a row. I was not aware that anyone was taken out on a stretcher! How awful. We did not know what that code meant. I hope the injured person is okay.

Never heard anything about the injured person. In fact, the comedian kept on going. I think he noticed the stretcher, because the medical technicians were in the audience for several minutes. This was during Happy Cole's show... it was a late night show.

The time I heard the "Operation Brightstar" announcement was a separate time and I remember them saying "engine room deck 3" or something like that.

Heard this announcement last october on the carnival legend

at about 2:00 0r 3:00 am, announcemant actually came right

over the in cabinet speaker, giving the cabin number,

followed by the sounds of multiple people running down our hallway.

it was actually a little scary at the time as i thought it was something

fire related, Bright Star,

but i later found out it is indeed a medical related code.

Mitch

Cool, midnight buffets and medical emergencies all in one thread!

So much for "scrolling" and the "search" function.

I was on the Legend last Oct. and we heard that announcement come over the loud speaker in our room at around 4AM...my husband thought it was someone wanting a wake up call to watch the sunrise and got the wrong room.

We later found out that a passenger had passed away during the night - the hearse was waiting for him when we arrived in San Juan, PR. :(

Is it okay to wear jeans in the dining room up to 24 hours after a "Brightstar" announcement? :D:D:D

Sure! But only if you promise to eat EVERYTHING ON YOUR PLATE at the Midnight Buffet so that they can issue another OPERATION BRIGHTSTAR shortly thereafter.

Hey, did that buffet poster bother to take a look at the original thread, or was he/or she just having a brainf**t?

BnB

Archived