O's Hotel packages

Ms Understood

Can anyone tell me if O prices its land/hotel packages per person or per room? For instance 3 nights at the Radisson SAS in Amsterdam is $849. Is that each, so $1700 for two of us?! I am trying to price out hotels and transfers to decide which way to go but could not find this answer in the FAQs. Thanks.

-----------------

Helen

Can anyone tell me if O prices its land/hotel packages per person or per room? For instance 3 nights at the Radisson SAS in Amsterdam is $849. Is that each, so $1700 for two of us?! I am trying to price out hotels and transfers to decide which way to go but could not find this answer in the FAQs. Thanks.

-----------------

Helen

Hi Helen,

The pricing is per person...

Shari

ShariCruz6

-----------------

Helen

It is PP

The train from Schiphol is 3-4 E pp to Central station or there is an hotel shuttle for 12 E pp a taxi would be more depending on where you are staying

As much as we love Oceania and we always go to the departure city early, I find their hotel packages way beyond what I can do it for myself. Sometimes we even stay in the same hotel, but at half the price of Oceania even when we add in all the other stuff included in their package. If we had unlimited funds and wanted the extra convenience of their doing it all, it might be nice, but we don't. Price it out yourself, include the same things, and see what it comes out to - or have your TA do it for you - that is what s/he is there for besides booking the cruise.

I always do my own hotel booking. Easy enough with online booking agents even if you hate booking details. Often can have a very nice visit in the city at a much less expensive hotel that might even be in the same block with the fancy ones used by O. Trip over to Trip Advisor (put in the name of the city ) and see what others have experienced. This is one way to afford more cruises. Pick and choose your experience. Use the travel agent and others on-line to educate yourself. Then make your own decision.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was pp but it seemed exhorbitant so thought I would ask. Same hotel, same dates: a standard room is $319 per night for 2, leaves about $800 for the transfer, sheesh! We are always willing to pay for convenience but that's what my mother would have called "highway robbery".

---------------

Helen

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was pp but it seemed exhorbitant so thought I would ask. Same hotel, same dates: a standard room is $319 per night for 2, leaves about $800 for the transfer, sheesh! We are always willing to pay for convenience but that's what my mother would have called "highway robbery".

---------------

Helen

If you are not particular you could give Priceline a try ;)

This year 4 & 5 * hotels were under a $100. USD

I am not balking at the price for the hotel directly, just kinda astonished by the amount of mark-up by O.

--------------

Helen

Been there done that :D

We did book the hotel package once ..we were too stressed to do own own research at the time so wanted everything taken care of for us.

We had just been through a death of SIL & DH was executor, we booked late & did not have the brain power to do any research.

So sheeple we became...we had a great trip

But now we do our own hotel & transfers.

It is a personal choice & some prefer to be looked after & the cruise line gives you that option.

Lyn

Oh I AM particular and frankly Priceline scares me. I am not balking at the price for the hotel directly, just kinda astonished by the amount of mark-up by O.

--------------

Helen

We all know that Oceania (and every other cruise line I know) marks up their Hotel packages very heavily. Granted, they do include transfers and other options, and some people may take them for the convenience, but you can do so much better on your own.

And, no where does it say you HAVE to take their package......

Both Oceania and Regent use the Hotel Condes deBarcelona. The price is the same for both - $399pp for one night. If you book a Regent trip, a full Breakfast is included - no breakfast with Oceania. This is true for some of the other hotels as well. I did not compare all of them.

So two people will pay $800 for one night at Condes de Barcelona with no breakfast. That is patently absurd

Absurd is a strong word, Wripro.

381577913_50b82a4c86.jpg

Are people who buy Dolce & Gabbana in Neiman Marcus absurd? (FYI these jeans run $800, and he does not come with them!) :confused:

20perse.jpg

Is it absurd to pay 1k per couple for a dinner at Per Se in NYC? (you could probably buy the ingrediants at home for less than one tenth of that) :confused:

People opt to spend their money in any number of different ways, either for real or perceived benefits.

I would never dream of telling Tiffany how much they should be charging for Diamonds. I believe that my choice is to buy it, or to leave it alone.

If enough people leave it alone, the price will lower of its' own accord.

StanandJim,

I respectfully disagree with your analogy. Dinner at Per Se costs $1000 for two period. You cannot get it cheaper anywhere else. I am talking about getting the exact same thing for a fraction of the price, not about the wisdom of spending one's money for something expensive that cannot be had cheaper anywhere else. I know the Condes de Barcelona and I repeat my assertion that $800 a night for a room there is absurd. And you will probably not even be getting one of the better rooms if you book through Oceania. JMO.

We all know that Oceania (and every other cruise line I know) marks up their Hotel packages very heavily. Granted, they do include transfers and other options, and some people may take them for the convenience, but you can do so much better on your own.

And, no where does it say you HAVE to take their package......

Is it possible to buy Oceania's transfers alone without their hotel pkg?

We have bought them from the ship to the airport

I am sure you can buy them from the airport to the ship also on embarkation day.

Check with your TA

Well, yes you can - but only on the day of departure. And you will have to wait for a full bus load to arrive before they will leave.

And as another poster said, even the "Transfer Only" fare is about the same as a private car and driver, so why not treat yourselves to some comfort?

We book ourselves using either TripAdvisor recommendations or Cruise Critic. We've never been disappointed and found the prices much less than Oceania. Same goes for tours. We always arrive at least two days before cruise and generallly stay at least one day after.......Sometimes the hotels pick us up at th airport. Inquire. Have a great trip.

Archived