On Board Activities...suggestions?

uneamie

Hi, just wondering if there is anything similar to the "Quest", like on RCCL on the Jewel? It was so much fun to watch and be hysterical at the antics. Not for young kids for sure....Going on NCL Jewel (1st time) and was just wondering.

Thanks, in advance.

Yes, they've had the Qwest game on my last several NCL cruises. Lots of fun.

1) Coffee tasting

Like a martini or wine tasting, but non-alcoholic (not that I'm against alcohol)

2) Dance lessons, including modern. One class for couples, one for singles

3) Stamping/card making lessons & workshop

4) Cake decorating class

5) Learn dice games in the pubs from around the world (cruise staff would probably have fun teaching these). Optional drinking. :-)

6) Family-feud like game tournament

7) Music trivia (this used to be on NCL, disappeared), have it done by decade and make it progressive (can accumulate points if you play multiple decades).

8) Cruise trivia (questions center around ports, most popular drink, most popular soda, ship names)

9) Trivial Pursuit cards on tables at some bars

Love the idea of a book club. NCL could pretty easily have a year long schedule posted on their website.

Also love the improved meet & greet/mingling ideas. We like to keep to ourselves a lot, but at nights it's fun to hang around others. Create several interest group social hours at bars, like military members, educators, homebrewers, runners, business owners, etc.

Also love the improved meet & greet/mingling ideas. We like to keep to ourselves a lot, but at nights it's fun to hang around others. Create several interest group social hours at bars, like military members, educators, homebrewers, runners, business owners, etc.

Military members and educators catches me (see the sig block)

Oh, I love the cake decorating idea ....

I'd also enjoy:

Towel Animal demonstration/class

napkin folding class

Crafts - though I guess ceramics could be dicey in rough seas.

I have to admit I'd need a day at sea and to start feeling a bit restless before I'd probably be able to convince myself to get up off the lounger and put the book down and actually attend.

How about an "American Idol" singing competition or "Dancing with the Passengers" Contest?

It could have funny auditions with finalist picked by the audience that shows up that day, and by the end of the cruise have the members of the audience vote for the winners. I'd love that!

I also think a "Candid Camera" would be a unique addition to the entertainment.

How about

cooking demo/class that is then followed up with a make your own cruise menu lunch or dinner

digital photo contest could be judged on a video display and prize is just getting hard copys of the photos

digital scavenger hunt - have to find items and get snap shots could be crew members items in the gift shops etc... would allow the ship to push passengers to things/places they would like PAX to visit while letting PAX have a good time and giving them an opportunity to win some kind of prize

I like the idea of this thread

Dance contest

Costume contest

Name that Tune Contest

Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Contest

As U can see....I love contest! :D

Love the idea of scavenger hunt..Princess did that and we had a blast! Carnival did the 'name that tune' type game on the pool deck and it was a blast also.

Military members and educators catches me (see the sig block)

All 3 NCL cruises I took advertised in the Daily about a get together for military. My DD is retired military and so we went and there were only 3 ppl that showed up. It was great conversation though. :)

How about an "American Idol" singing competition or "Dancing with the Passengers" Contest?

It could have funny auditions with finalist picked by the audience that shows up that day, and by the end of the cruise have the members of the audience vote for the winners. I'd love that!

I also think a "Candid Camera" would be a unique addition to the entertainment.

The Jade had a fantastic Dancing with the Stars contest where a guest was paired with one of the crew. Many of that CD's team could dance, and, by the way, there were dance classes nearly everyday.

They had several rounds until a winner was picked, one after another, so it was just a one-shot deal, not lasting the whole cruise.

They also had Name That Tune Trivia and on many NCL cruises they do "Who wants to be a Bazillionaire."

For the person looking for "Family Feud" type contests, look for "Friendly Feud" on NCL. They also do Jeopardy, Majority Rules and other contest games depending on the CD.

On the Jade in June they also had many "social hours" - Kiwanis Club, grandmothers, Veterans, knitters, "solo" cruisers (as opposed to "singles"), cruisers over 40, cruisers over 50, 60 and so on. We've never seen a better attempt to get people together to mingle. I've seen some on other ships but not to that extent. Excellent job!

They also had a port history lecturer on the cruise focusing on Norway, the Vikings, etc. Unfortunately word spread that he was really boring so I have to admit I didn't go in. But I've found lecturers of this type on many NCL ships. (no sales pitch, straight "history" hopefully done in an entertaining way).

DH used to lecture on financial topics (my favorite was "Retire in Style: How to Cruise Forever") and I've seen everything from gardening to handwriting analysis to Broadway to what lives in the ocean 10,000' down. NCL dropped all those kinds of things more than a year ago and now has the NCL-U with destination lecturers & the various clinics like martini, margarita, etc.

Archived