Favorite Royal Caribbean Food?

I'm another lamb shanks fan. I also love the prime rib. Y'all can keep the little frozen lobster tails that so many are enamored of. Give me the prime rib!

I'm not forgetting the escargot and those wonderful sour dough rolls every night.

The hot dogs in the Windjammer are really good. I go to the omelet station at Windjammer and have them make me a scrambled egg from a real egg. Much better than the steam table scrambled eggs.

Vidalia onion tart, chocolate chip cookies...both of these seem to be popular! I'm in good company there.

Oddly enough, the pizza from room service. Always hot and fresh!

And anything chocolate on the desert line in the Windjammer.

And I'm TOTALLY a picky eater!!!

It's just banquet food...mass produced. Nothing special. Chops is good.

Funny how 1 post out of 35 had to be on the negative side. It might be banquet food in YOUR opinion but EVERYONE else seemed to have a favorite they recommended and DIDN'T knock the rest of the food. I don't get why there's always someone that just has to chime in and put a damper on an otherwise fun thread. The question was Favorite Royal Caribbean Food? If the question was How is the food? then I could understand your answer. If the tone of the thread was going in that direction then I could understand your answer.

Sorry folks but I am SO tired of these party crashers!:(

Love the spinach artichoke dip with the warm tortillas. The strawberry cheesecake is to die for. My daughter and I can't get enough of that. Our son loves the warm chocolate cake oddly enough he too likes the escargot. He just turned 15 and has been eating that the past two years. It was actually on a dare from his buddy. Last cruise he ordered two of them:)

We've never tried the specialty restaurants....it appears that everyone loves them. Maybe we'll try one on the next cruise.

Tigers2425

Lori

DH loves the slow roasted prime rib and the lamb shanks.

Both love the tiramisu at Portofino --- absolutely wonderful.

I love the savoury bites, the onion tart and mushroom puff MDR and the tempura veggies at Jade.

My halibut at Portofino on the Brilliance recently was the best fish ever!!!

Although we both love escargot it has been a struggle to have it served hot enough.

Both of us love the appetizers at Portofino. :D

Kathy

The Escargot!!

I always mention how much I love them to the waiter and I always get them 2-3x during the week. The best is dipping the bread in the garlic butter.....YUMMY.

The almond croissants in the coffee shop....yummy!!

The onion rings in the Seaview cafe....Yummy!!

I guess I have many favorites.

Funny how 1 post out of 35 had to be on the negative side. It might be banquet food in YOUR opinion but EVERYONE else seemed to have a favorite they recommended and DIDN'T knock the rest of the food. I don't get why there's always someone that just has to chime in and put a damper on an otherwise fun thread. The question was Favorite Royal Caribbean Food? If the question was How is the food? then I could understand your answer. If the tone of the thread was going in that direction then I could understand your answer.

Sorry folks but I am SO tired of these party crashers!:(

How is this being negative? I didn't say the food was bad....it's not bad food. I think you're confused here. By setting up people with the expectation that they are getting something other than banquet food, you just invite dissapointment. That's why you get people coming back on here after a cruise saying how bad the food was. The food is not bad...but if you expect something other than mass produced banquet food, you will be dissapointed.

Enjoy the cruise...have a great time....enjoy the food. It's really not fair to new cruisers to set their expectations so high that they will be dissapointed. If you just use a bit of common sense when it comes to setting people's expectations, they will have a much more positive experience. And setting the environment for a positive experience, is not negative at all.

How is this being negative? I didn't say the food was bad....it's not bad food. I think you're confused here. By setting up people with the expectation that they are getting something other than banquet food, you just invite dissapointment. That's why you get people coming back on here after a cruise saying how bad the food was. The food is not bad...but if you expect something other than mass produced banquet food, you will be dissapointed.

Enjoy the cruise...have a great time....enjoy the food. It's really not fair to new cruisers to set their expectations so high that they will be dissapointed. If you just use a bit of common sense when it comes to setting people's expectations, they will have a much more positive experience. And setting the environment for a positive experience, is not negative at all.

I agree with Rick-n-Lisa. Your comment about banquet food while true had nothing to do with the question being asked and came off as negative.

Archived