Will You Stay Or Will You Go?

janetz

What will you do when Oasis visits a port of call? Exit the ship with at least 3000 other people or stay onboard?

I find myself not even thinking about the ports, and about what to do. I am so "ship" focused this time. What about you?

I have to say that I would not want to be on another ship in port with the Oasis.

:D

Good question. :)

We have a private excursion planned in St. Martin. We will stay on the ship in Nassau and I'm not sure yet about St. Thomas. I was planning on doing something off ship, but it depends on how many others are in port with us. If it's too many, I may stay on there too. I've been to all the ports before.

We have been to all these ports before, but plan on getting off in all the ports even if just for a small time. Don't know exactly what we will be doing. Was thinking about just walking around St. Thomas and doing some shopping since we have been there 4 times already. We were thinking about doing a land tour in St. Maartens and have no clue as far as Nassau is concerned. We do plan on returning earlier to the ship than we normally would.

Why do people dislike Nassau so much:confused:I have been frequenting Nassau for over 30 yrs and love both the island and the people. The town is right at the port entrance and a 10 minute taxi ride will take you to Atlantis, which is one of the most amazing resorts in the Caribbean....the beaches and water are beautiful...so whats not to like:confused:

As far as getting off.....as big as she is she is still a ship traveling to different places...if your not going to get off and visit the different ports of call why cruise:confused:....IMO might as well stay land based.

The ports I haven't visited, I will get off. Nassau, I'll stay onboard.:D

X2. I'm staying on the ship in Nassau too.

I see you are turning 50 on the Inaugural from your signature. Happy Birthday. I turning 40 onboard --- best present ever.

Why do people dislike Nassau so much:confused:I have been frequenting Nassau for over 30 yrs and love both the island and the people. The town is right at the port entrance and a 10 minute taxi ride will take you to Atlantis, which is one of the most amazing resorts in the Caribbean....the beaches and water are beautiful...so whats not to like:confused:

As far as getting off.....as big as she is she is still a ship traveling to different places...if your not going to get off and visit the different ports of call why cruise:confused:....IMO might as well stay land based.

Its just a question I posted for other people's thoughts. No big deal. :o With a ship this size some people may opt to enjoy the ship less crowded.

We have been to all these ports before, but plan on getting off in all the ports even if just for a small time. Don't know exactly what we will be doing. Was thinking about just walking around St. Thomas and doing some shopping since we have been there 4 times already. We were thinking about doing a land tour in St. Maartens and have no clue as far as Nassau is concerned. We do plan on returning earlier to the ship than we normally would.

The last time we were in St.Marten with hung out with Bernard. It was a great day and a good way to see the sites. If you google Bernard Tours you will see he is well liked on CC.

http://bernardstours.shoreadventures.net/

Our sailing visit's the Western Carribean. Most likely we will book a couple of excursions. :D

We have only been in Nassau once. It was fine until a few locals started following my daughter around. :rolleyes: Not interested in returning there.

I'll answer for myself. :) I don't dislike Nassau at all. I think it's a beautiful place, friendly people. Great port to explore the history too. Last time we were there, we took the local bus to the "Fish Fry" and enjoyed lunch and cocktails. I've been to Atlantis twice, been on a sailing excursion once too.

It's just that, for me, Oasis is a one shot deal....this time, I'm cruising for the ship, not the ports. After this cruise, I'll go back to cruising as I usually do and enjoying the ports as much as the ship. Many people cruise for the ship, not the ports though and enjoy their time at sea.

This one time I'm cruising to explore the Oasis all that the ship has to offer. I'll also enjoy some quiet time on my balcony watching the sea and a sunset or two also, which you can't do on a land based. ;)

Its just a question I posted for other people's thoughts. No big deal. :o With a ship this size some people may opt to enjoy the ship less crowded.

Janet...from the sound of things, many wont' be getting off the ship so not sure how "less crowded" it will be. :D

Janet...from the sound of things, many wont' be getting off the ship so not sure how "less crowded" it will be. :D

So true...I may be "running off the ship" :p

It will be very interesting when the reviews come out.

I'll answer for myself. I don't dislike Nassau at all. I think it's a beautiful place, friendly people. Great port to explore the history too. Last time we were there, we took the local bus to the "Fish Fry" and enjoyed lunch and cocktails. I've been to Atlantis twice, been on a sailing excursion once too.

It's just that, for me, Oasis is a one shot deal....this time, I'm cruising for the ship, not the ports. After this cruise, I'll go back to cruising as I usually do and enjoying the ports as much as the ship. Many people cruise for the ship, not the ports though and enjoy their time at sea.

This one time I'm cruising to explore the Oasis all that the ship has to offer. I'll also enjoy some quiet time on my balcony watching the sea and a sunset or two also, which you can't do on a land based. ;)

I understand where you are coming from:)but I would have to disagree with your last sentence:o

Here are some pix of my land based room at The Reef at Atlantis(in Nassau) just this past July...views were as good or better than any ship balcony I have been on.

View from Bed in the master.

2431400950104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

Balcony views

2333418650104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

2303939110104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

I understand where you are coming from:)but I would have to disagree with your last sentence:o

Here are some pix of my land based room at The Reef at Atlantis(in Nassau) just this past July...views were as good or better than any ship balcony I have been on.

View from Bed in the master.

2431400950104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

Balcony views

2333418650104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

2303939110104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

Ok....you got me there ...I get that...I've enjoyed many a land based ocean view in my life...I live in the "Ocean state" after all. LOLOL

But you know what I mean.....it's a moving venue...it's just different. :)

A case in point to show you I understand ;)....(I wanna show off some of my beautiful photos too). LOL :p

Memorial Day weekend at Nags Head, Outer Banks, NC.

view from the balcony of our room

IMG_0728.jpg

Sunset was not from the room, but I'd thought I'd share it anyway.

IMG_0725.jpg

If I get off it will be to just walk around a little bit. We have been to these ports so many times, does not interest me. I was disappointed when I found out about the ports that the ship will be visiting as I thought there might be a new stop. I plan to enjoy the ship to the fullest.

I have friends gong on the Inaugural. Cannot wait to hear first hand feedback.

Ports? There are ports? Oh yeah, Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Marteen. We will probably just stay onboard. The Oasis is a destination unto itself. We will most likely just stay on board....until they drag us off on the last day for disembarkation. :(

;)

Eric

The last time we were in St.Marten with hung out with Bernard. It was a great day and a good way to see the sites. If you google Bernard Tours you will see he is well liked on CC.

http://bernardstours.shoreadventures.net/

I agree completely. Last time I was in St. Marten, we went with Bernard and had the best time I can remember. I can't wait to go to St Marten again and take the tour again. I feel that it was a GREAT value, and I have memories that will last a lifetime.

While we are also doing this cruise for the "ship" we will get off at all ports. We are beach people so will hit the beach in all 3 ports.

Nassau - it is okay, but what I don't like about it vs other islands, is the hotels have the beaches locked up. hard to get to a nice beach without paying for a "day pass". All we want are loungers - don't care about food, etc.

That is why I love other islands. hit a public beach, rent a chair/umbrella and enjoy the day.

In addition, with so little time in Nassau, it is going to be tough to enjoy the afternoon at the beach. We will probably head to CAble like we always do if it is gorgeous and spend a few hours out there.

STT we will go to Sapphire Beach for the day, and St Maarteen we will head to Orient.

have been to all the islands so many times, shopping doesn't mean as much. We will shop at the liquor store in Havensight and bring back a bunch of Cruzan Old Navy since it so cheap there and we cannot get that in other islands. Since we don't have to fly, we don't have 'weight" issues and can bring back quite a bit.

Archived