Question re: Entrees in Le Bistro

Luckyroot

Thinking about ordering the Anniversary package to celebrate our 30th anniversary on our upcoming cruise.

I found a copy of the le Bistro menu on webshots. The entree choices are as follows:

Grilled Filet of Turbot

Filet if Salmon in Shrimp Crust

Mediterranean Fish Soup - Bouillabasse Style

Braised Short Rib and Grilled Beef Tenderloin

Canard a'la Orange (Roasted Duck)

Supreme of Corn Fed Chicken aux Morilles

For anyone who's eaten at le Bistro before, what is your favorite? Quite frankly, we're more meat and potatoes kinda folks........nothing on there really thrills me for something as special as our 30th anniversary, but I'm willing to be a little creative (dh not as much lol) I've read that it's a great restaurant and the package is a fantastic deal.

So, give me feedback please?

Thinking about ordering the Anniversary package to celebrate our 30th anniversary on our upcoming cruise.

I found a copy of the le Bistro menu on webshots. The entree choices are as follows:

Grilled Filet of Turbot

For anyone who's eaten at le Bistro before, what is your favorite? Quite frankly, we're more meat and potatoes kinda folks........nothing on there really thrills me for something as special as our 30th anniversary, but I'm willing to be a little creative (dh not as much lol) I've read that it's a great restaurant and the package is a fantastic deal.

My favorite of the entree's listed there is:

If you are a meat/potato person you will not be disappointed in that.

Grilled Filet of Turbot

There are more entrees than you posted check these menus

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570368358ShRfwS

Look at the OLe bistro menus

BG

Luckyroot,

You were looking at quite an old menu. I agree with Cliff that the braised short rib & filet was wonderful, but they don't offer it anymore.

I think the ones big green has are the current ones. At least those are the ones we had in June on the Jade.

Good choice for a nice dinner. Have fun.

Yes, that was last week's menu on Spirit.

What I'd really like to see are the current ones from the Dawn. The current rumor (unconfirmed) is that their menu is about to be rolled out fleetwide. Notice I said rumor. :D

On our Spirit cruise last week the Bistro menu had a beef filet or tenderloin offered a poivre. I think my wife had a rack of lamb. Both excellent

Yup, you had an old menu, and DH and I agree with the choices above. I love the tenderloin in LeBistro, and in fact think it's better than what you receive in Cagney's.

We're talking about Bistro, not main dining room. Is Dawn testing a new Bistro menu?

Yep, you're right. I had been reading another thread about the MDR menus and my senility kicked in. I forgot I changed threads. Sorry. :o

Yes, the canard is long gone. But the Tenderloin, Chicken, Lamb, and Cassoulet are all wonderful. I don't eat much chicken at home, but cannot keep away from that stuffed chicken breast - it is unbelievable! I am a big foie gras fan, and the way they combine them, along with the sauce is irresistible.

Robin

What I'd really like to see are the current ones from the Dawn. The current rumor (unconfirmed) is that their menu is about to be rolled out fleetwide. Notice I said rumor. :D

Here they are-fixed entrees fo the 2 MDR plus several daily specials, including desserts:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1058768&page=2

looks like many great choices. I'm not a vegetarian, but tried many of the vegetarian dishes on my last cruise and am glad to see more variety.

Archived