Difference in La Terrazza on different ships?

whylion

duct tape, I definitely agree that La Terrazza was more interesting when the cuisine varied night by night before it became entirely Italian. And, certainly, the variety is really important if you are on a long cruise.

And Emtbsam, as seconded by meow, you are spot on! Give a day's notice and you can have a wonderful custom meal when the menu doesn't appeal to you or it's been a long cruise and you want something different. As long as they're not too frequent, and the ingredients are aboard, they are welcome challenges to the chefs.

Wellseasoned,

You are talking about two different periods. Years ago, before it was called La Terrazza the Verandah Cafe served a different themed dinner every night, i.e. Bistro, Indian, Mediterranean. A few years ago when it became La Terrazza it was all Italian, but a different region of Italy each night. Now it seems to be generic Italian every night. What's next....red checkered table cloths and candles in Chianti bottles?

I agree with both of you. Even though this will only be our 4th SS cruise, I am sure we will notice the things that are "off".

And you can be sure to find them if you're sure you will notice......why not focus on things that might be better?

I'll bet you can find a few !!;)

Leaving in January for my 29th SS cruise -- expecting things will be better than ever.

From California

And you can be sure to find them if you're sure you will notice......why not focus on things that might be better?

I'll bet you can find a few !!;)

Leaving in January for my 29th SS cruise -- expecting things will be better than ever.

From California

IMHO, that is the right attitude!

By "off", I meant different, not bad. My personal preference was the regional menu in La T. And, I am going to try La T. new venue and menu. Lord, I am on a vacation. I do not go around looking for problems and nit picking. Sorry you misunderstood.

Do the words "cost cutting" ring a bell here? It's much cheaper to use the same ingredients night after night than different ones required for different regions with different menus.

Wripro: Spot on. As I mentioned in my review of the Cloud, and the subsequent discussion under bad food etc., Silversea is unquestionably undergoing a relentless cost control program. At times it is subtle, such as their new choice of wines and tap water for meals, but the most tangible evidence is at LaT. A repetitive menu manages cost and disappoints passengers. Why risk this? I don't get it.

Archived