Confiscated Liquor? If so, what ship?

hnokes

:eek:I don't want to get anyone started on the board about whether or not you can bring your own liquor on board...I read Carnival's policies. Just wanting to know if anyone has ever had their "stash" confiscated and if so, what ship??:confused:

It can be any or all of the ships that check for contraband liquor on any given sail-a-way. It seems to be a hit and miss sort of thing.

If you do a search for "bringing on liquor" who might find some creative ideas on how do accomplish this. While I won't do it I will never fault someone else for trying.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Your best chance of getting caught smuggling is during Spring Break. It doesn't matter what ship. Carnival takes underage drinking seriously. But, with that said, people still manage to get their alcohol on, even during the most scrutinized time.

Good Luck!!!!!!!

Never in our cruise history.. checked luggage is the key;) But have heard a friend was just on the Glory and someone got theirs taken.. but they did not.. so it is hit or miss.. luck of the draw how ever you wanna look at it...

Smuggling? Who me?

On our first cruise which was last year, we smuggled on alcohol. But, our friends, they smuggled an entire fully stocked bar. Seriously, how much alcohol can two women drink? Obviously, Way more than me!!!!!!!!

no need to smuggle; Call Bon Voyage 1-800-522-7648 to order liquor and have it delivered to your cabin? You can order bottles of hard liquor so that you can make your own drinks. You can't order liquor online. You must call to set this up. Not mentioned anywhere on Carnival website. I verified this number 10/12/09 and it is true. He said to call a couple of weeks before the sail date. :D:D

went on 1st cruise back in may on carnival inspiration. 1 person got theres taken bc it was in their carry on bag.we put ours in our luggage .. 1 trick someone did was buy a 12 pack cans mt dew in box & replace with beer cans instead.. another was some people used mouthwash/water bottles for liquor. (moutwash was horrible- dont recommend- horrible aftertaste)

a cabin across from us brought a blender & every kind of liquor you could think of & they didnt get caught. also saw someone brought a HUGE package of water bottles as if still in plastic (like bulk from sams club) - but was actually filled with liquor.no problems

:eek:I don't want to get anyone started on the board about whether or not you can bring your own liquor on board...I read Carnival's policies. Just wanting to know if anyone has ever had their "stash" confiscated and if so, what ship??:confused:

To answer your question...

No, we haven't had anything confiscated, nor has anyone we know. Definitely in checked luggage and not carry on though, unless it is the allowable bottle of wine PP.

Have always taken a extra piece of luggage with me for pre-cruise stay.

It holds exactlly 48 cans. Fill in US at those wonderfiul prices.

Put on room tags and hand to porter with tip. Smile as they get shocked lifting it. Always in room with rest of luggage.

Enjoy your cruise no matter what.

For DIVA all others should have power removed before packing.

Never my drinks but my pink fuzzy handcuffs.....yes indeed.

LOL that they will take away.. we had someone in our group get called to security for it:eek::D
On a similar note, always take the batteries out of any toys you might have in your checked bags. :eek: :o

I would never smuggle BUT............ I might have forgotten to take out a bottle or two of rum that was in there from my last cruise:D

Miracle out of FLL in checked luggage

Carried on my 2 bottles of wine thou

Confiscated? On two Carnival cruises out of San Juan, there is a liquor store near the gangway. We got off and brought back on liquor by the bottle.

Dingo RU serious You brought bottles thru the machines?

no one is going to take your booze.. just bring it on..and if they do..oh well. BTW..the last time I loaded my rolling cooler up with booze, the only thing they took was the Red Bull. Left 2 bottles and a 12 pack.

Archived