Why would a person over 50 want to cruise on carnival?

wizard-of-roz

My mother is 55 and has sailed on Princess and Carnival. We both have upcoming cruises on Carnival, Princess and Disney. She would take any cruise she could manage to go on. Strangely enough we both along with my sister who is 32, (I am 38) thought that Princess actually had more activities, etc than Carnival. My BF is 51 and also has enjoyed both cruises on Carnival - his first ever was last year. I too don't think he would care which cruise line. However I found Carnival to not be the party people made it out to be, maybe due to the times of year I have sailed. Guess we shall see once we do the Christmas cruise!!!!:eek::)

Sometime in the future we will also book NCL and RCL and might even throw in Holland America, who knows???!!!!

I'll be 70 in 3 days :D. . . just got off the ELATION this morning . . . spent time in the disco, loved the small combo in another bar, played hold'em poker till nearly 5:00 am every morning and had a ball. With 18 cruises on Carnival, I don't intend to go elsewhere. Why fix it if its NOT broken? :D

Surround yourself with young people and you'll NEVER grow old. :)

(In case anyone wants to know, I cant still "bench" my own weight, which is something that less than 1% of the American male population can do.) :rolleyes:

Just love this comment!!!:D My husband and are 55 and 56 and next year will be our seventh cruise with Carnival. We usually cruise with our grown children and their families and other extended family. In fact, the gap between our kids and us seems to ge shrinking. We all are definitely the party group on our cruises; meet lots of new people who join our group and keep tabs on where we plan to be each night. Have only cruised on Carnival - and I agree, nothing's broke so I don't plan on jumping this ship!!:p Looking forward to our May 2010 v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n on the Conquest - Woohoo!!!

50 is the new 30, at least I hope it will be when I get there.

I've sailed several cruise lines in the past and all of them seemed to have a pretty mixed crowd in regards to age. Personally, I don't mind an older crowd, there is more room on the dance floor and at the bars. :D

Age is certainly just a number... one of our long time Saint and Sinner members is 67, and last week, there was nobody on the ship that could keep up with him... nobody, not even me and I run pretty hard (I'm only 38 though)... I had to call it quits around 4am each morning :p Same with last cruise... he puts the younger people to shame. You can generally find him busting a move in the disco during the wee hours, and usually has the Carnival dancers out there with him... If I can't be like him when I grow up, I don't wanna do it :D

50 is the new 30, at least I hope it will be when I get there.

I've sailed several cruise lines in the past and all of them seemed to have a pretty mixed crowd in regards to age. Personally, I don't mind an older crowd, there is more room on the dance floor and at the bars. :D

Uh! Oh! You better "duck", some of those over "50's" might not like your comments about the bars and dance floor being open. :o

My DH and I are in our sixties and we have only sailed on Carnival. We are going on our sixth cruise in January. I would rater we only cruised on Carnival but since they are not going to Europe next year we may have to go with another cruise line. Hopefully Carnival will go in 2011 and we can wait and go then. I really hate to go with another cruise line, Carnival just makes it so easy for us.

Uh! Oh! You better "duck", some of those over "50's" might not like your comments about the bars and dance floor being open. :o

Sorry if I offended. I'm know there are plenty of "over 50's" who could dance and drink me under the table. God bless them, I hope I will still be as active when I get there.

I guess I wasn't clear with my original comment. What I was trying to say, given the choice, I would prefer to be around an older crowd than a predominately younger crowd.

I don't know, maybe I just offended the "under 50" crowd now. :confused:

I mostly agree....

What I can't figure out is why I sometimes see my mother looking back at me from the bathroom mirror.... :D:o:p

I see my mom more everyday when I look in the mirror. She looked great though. I should be so lucky!:D People tell me I look just like my mom. She passed at age 87.

But do they mean I look 87?! :eek: Yikes. Carnival is fun no matter what age.

I really am shocked at the OP. 50 is the new 40 ya know!!! That OP needs to get a life!

Rosie.....I'm the "OP" and I can promise you that this over "50" gal, has a life. I just wanted to hear from you guys.......and, I wanted to know what the over 50 crowd saw in Carnival and why!

Hey, I'm onboard the Splendor in January so, my taste doesn't run too afar from the rest of you!

I work in a "glass ceiling" office....corporate-type structured environment. I've been here for over 12 years and I've seen more people come and go..layoff's and firings, etc. I think I'm the oldest one here!

Most of the other folks are in their 30's and younger......And, they have a very difficult time keeping up with me! I'm extremely literate on the computer but am still a bit shy when it comes to the i-pod and fancy phones.....Heck, I pretend I know all about them when we all go to lunch and they're "texting" and emailing each other, I tell a joke and smile......Oy!

I'm very good at what I do and I don't intend to quit working for a very long time.....it's fun and keeps me in the "loop!"

I guess I was a bit to harsh but it sounded like "we" 50 yr. olds were getting put in the over the hill section.Lol!!!

We have cruised on Carnival 10 times(actually this Dec will be the 10th) and we LOVE Carnival. I have been on 2 other lines and while we have enjoyed ourselves, there isn't anything like being on Carnival. Young and Old there is always something to do!

Why cruise Carnival if you are over 50? Well, if you like cruising with the dead and almost dead, try Holland America or Cunard. If you want dull, try Princess. And, if you are looking to cruise a line or two that doesn't really care about you except for your money, cruise NCL or RCL. This is from experience, folks. I have cruised 94 times, 56 on Carnival. That is not bragging, just an explanation of what cruise line personalities are like. Each line has its own personality as do ships. What does Carnival offer? A relaxed atmosphere geared to having a good time. Other lines are just flat personality-wise. Actually, the real teller is cruise length. The longer the cruise, the older the crowd, generally. Want a zoo cruise? Try the 3 and 4 day cruises. Want a cemetery, try around the world.

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but it is what it is and every travel agent knows it, if they know their stuff.

For those reading this who think I am an old party animal, I can assure you I don't drink more than one a day, I am in bed by 10pm, but love life and people with a zest for life. That's Carnival.

Why cruise Carnival if you are over 50? Well, if you like cruising with the dead and almost dead, try Holland America or Cunard. If you want dull, try Princess. And, if you are looking to cruise a line or two that doesn't really care about you except for your money, cruise NCL or RCL. This is from experience, folks. I have cruised 94 times, 56 on Carnival. That is not bragging, just an explanation of what cruise line personalities are like. Each line has its own personality as do ships. What does Carnival offer? A relaxed atmosphere geared to having a good time. Other lines are just flat personality-wise. Actually, the real teller is cruise length. The longer the cruise, the older the crowd, generally. Want a zoo cruise? Try the 3 and 4 day cruises. Want a cemetery, try around the world.

I know this sounds a bit harsh, but it is what it is and every travel agent knows it, if they know their stuff.

For those reading this who think I am an old party animal, I can assure you I don't drink more than one a day, I am in bed by 10pm, but love life and people with a zest for life. That's Carnival.

I've been on every line you mentioned and more......You pretty much hit it on the head.

I am so ready to see and enjoy "most" of what we'll experience onboard the Splendor. We had a wonderful time onboard the Golden, in September but I'm so ready for a more "lively" experience!!!!!

I'm like you......I'm not really an "animal" about partying but I do love to laugh and have fun!

Archived