Why would a person over 50 want to cruise on carnival?

wizard-of-roz

Yes, I did. So why does "kicking it up a notch and having fun" have anything to do with age?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because people associate others complaining about every little thing (including light hearted posts on a messageboard) with being old or a fuddy duddy? :confused:

Oh, I don't know, maybe because people associate others complaining about every little thing (including light hearted posts on a messageboard) with being old or a fuddy duddy? :confused:

Thank you so much.......it's exactly in the spirit that I posed the question [light heartedly.]

Some folks need to up or get off their meds.

Or, if they're an example of what other's should look for in people over 50 or on Carnival in general, it's no wonder we get a bad rap!!!!!!!

Oh, well! I'll consider the source and just move on......Have fun and thank you for sharing some of the funnest posts I've read!

"GUILT"? Sounds like a good reason to me to book another cruise! "The Guilt Cruise"!;) Know that will make you feel better.:D Hey your four legged baby deserves to relax and lay in the sun. Hey here is one for you. Cruising gives your service dog more exposure to 50+ crowds who are fun loving, crazy dancing, fine folks.

Great idea, I think I will call our next cruise "The Guilt Cruise".

And, Brenda [service Dog] gets more attention from folks our age than most others.

It ain't got nothing to do with age.

When I want to watch fat hairy man gyrate at the pool and again and again on replay I book carnival.

When I want to watch waiters and waitress dance on table tops while I sit in so called formal wear I book carnival.

Get real, there is more classy and fun things to do then Carnival's idea of fun and age has nothing to do with it. Its what kind of taste you have

whats age have to do with carnival,, its a great time and u can do as much or little and relax stay up late or go to bed,, i have seen younger people on cruises that are boring, so should we judge them on being younger ,i like all ages of people and yes i am in the 50's

When I want to watch fat hairy man gyrate at the pool and again and again on replay I book carnival.

When I want to watch waiters and waitress dance on table tops while I sit in so called formal wear I book carnival.

Get real, there is more classy and fun things to do then Carnival's idea of fun and age has nothing to do with it. Its what kind of taste you have

Sleep well!

When I have nothing better to do, I post on a Carnival thread about how classless Carnival is... :cool:

I don't know, what does "Cheer Leading" have to do with cruising? It's in your signature.........

Take it easy.....lighten up!

Because I'm always accused of being a Cruise Cheerleader, of course, and it's true. I guess you had to be on that thread to "get it".

Just like to had to "be there" to get the "throw the bottle" references.

"Old" is a State of mind, and yes, I will spend the Children's inheritance on a cruise that we both want.Just let us do our own thing,without trying to knock us down,while we Dance and have fun. One of these days you too will wake up and be over 60. Believe I will start watching for Carnival again. My Bh says the food is Better. jy

I guess we old folks, like me at 53 are all members of AARP...and know that at 55 we get special rates...

But most of all, I know I can call ahead and make sure they have my chair seat ready so I can limp to my old folks room and do nothing but sleep for the entire cruise...NAH

But, it does give a special reason to look forward to my birthday in two years!!

whats age have to do with carnival,, its a great time and u can do as much or little and relax stay up late or go to bed,, i have seen younger people on cruises that are boring, so should we judge them on being younger ,i like all ages of people and yes i am in the 50's

Me too!

I, personally and quite frankly think that the most pejorative people on this thread are from ARIZONA [must be the temperatures] geezz!

I don't think there's anything wrong with people over "50", I'm one of them, folks.........

And, I started this thread because I get a "kick" out of the waitress's or waiters who dance on the tables and the "hairy men" contest [of which there was one on Princess!]

If you take a look at chj's signature, you will see that he/she is no fan of Carnival and that's why he/she posted that--to make fun of Carnival, not people over 50. Not an Arizona thing, either. I am over 50, also and have no need to defend myself.

I sock-away money each month that goes toward our "cruising time!" But, now I'm starting to feel guilty about it! :(

I know, I know......They're grown-ups, they can take care of themselves....It's that "guilt" thing, it's driving me nuts!

Don't feel guilty!! It's YOUR money...you can spend it any way you want! If cruising makes you happy, then you should continue doing that...and saving that money!!

I guess we old folks, like me at 53 are all members of AARP...and know that at 55 we get special rates...

But most of all, I know I can call ahead and make sure they have my chair seat ready so I can limp to my old folks room and do nothing but sleep for the entire cruise...NAH

But, it does give a special reason to look forward to my birthday in two years!!

You're darn right it does!

I have taste....and MY kind of taste is having fun with my friends...and we happen to sail on Carnival...some of the best times of my LIFE! Sorry you are missing out...:rolleyes:

If you take a look at chj's signature, you will see that he/she is no fan of Carnival and that's why he/she posted that--to make fun of Carnival, not people over 50. Not an Arizona thing, either. I am over 50, also and have no need to defend myself.

I'm glad it's not an Arizona thing.....my SIL lives there....she's a bit of a "fuddy-duddy" but she doesn't like cruising either....I don't take anything she says seriously. Because, anyone who doesn't like cruising [in my book] hasn't a clue about what "fun" really is!

I never intended anyone to defend themselves for being "OUR" age. Heck, I'm proud of what I look like and, how I feel!

I simply wanted to hear from over "50's" and what they liked or disliked about Carnival......I like to hear other people's opinions and thoughts.

I'll be onboard the Splendor in January and I can't wait to board her!

Because, if you're tired of the "same old", "same old"......And, you just need to "kick-it-up-a-notch" by booking a Carnival cruise.

We don't do a lot of Carnival cruising, honestly, my heart couldn't take it, not to speak of my nerves. But, when we do......it's always fun!!!!! :)

If you're over 50 try it! Or, if you've already tell me what you do. Share some of your secrets. I'll never tell!

Why wouldn't you it's a cruise.. you choose the line and you are the ones that know what you like.. if you only goto Carnival just because so beit.. but that doesn't mean the rest of the over 50 pop can't handle it.. I am not there yet but I dunno what people find so party orientated about Carnival.. they have night clubs they have deck party's.. well there is always your cabin or the secluled little areas you can find to keep your heart at ease and enjoy your vacation;)

Archived