Why would a person over 50 want to cruise on carnival?

wizard-of-roz

Why wouldn't you it's a cruise.. you choose the line and you are the ones that know what you like.. if you only goto Carnival just because so beit.. but that doesn't mean the rest of the over 50 pop can't handle it.. I am not there yet but I dunno what people find so party orientated about Carnival.. they have night clubs they have deck party's.. well there is always your cabin or the secluled little areas you can find to keep your heart at ease and enjoy your vacation;)

We just got off the Golden Princess to Alaska....it was a wonderfully, beautiful cruise. We had a great time. I find it quieter/more early to bed/less noisey. Like I said I enjoyed myself. I also know that this particular cruise would be quieter because of the time and the destination.

It's what I wanted then.

Next cruise.....I want to have more "night life", "brighter" decor, more games, etc....That's why I chose the Splendor.

There is a difference between the lines and I choose my cruise according to what I need for the time I'm cruising.

Am I making any sense? I don't mean to conjur up any angry feelings in any of you......I merely wanted to hear about what my age sees in Carnival. I wanted to see if we felt the same.

Roz do you have Brenda to assist you because of blindness? (I have no idea what other uses there are for assist dogs). If so, what software do you use on the computer?

No, I am not blind. I got Brenda from Canine Companions for Independence. They are located all over the United States. They were started and funded by Charles Shultz [Peanuts Cartoon], his wife still sits on the Board of Directors, in Santa Rosa, CA. (I love to give them a "shout-out" whenever I can.

They train:

Service Dogs - assisting adults with physical disabilites (including Iraqi Warn Veterans0

Hearing Dogs - alerting the deaf and hard of hearing to important sounds

Skilled Companions - enhance independence for children and adults with physical, cognitive and developmental disabilities

Facility Dogs - work with a professional in a visitation, education or healthcare setting (these dogs would not have public access to cruise ships).

They do not train or supply Seeing Eye Dogs.

I don't feel comfortable disclosing my disablitly over the internet. However, if we are lucky enough to meet one day, we'll talk.

No, I am not blind. I got Brenda from Canine Companions for Independence. They are located all over the United States. They were started and funded by Charles Shultz [Peanuts Cartoon], his wife still sits on the Board of Directors, in Santa Rosa, CA. (I love to give them a "shout-out" whenever I can.

They train:

Service Dogs - assisting adults with physical disabilites (including Iraqi Warn Veterans0

Skilled Companions - enhance independence for children and adults with physical, cognitive and developmental disabilities

Facility Dogs - work with a professional in a visitation, education or healthcare setting (these dogs would not have public access to cruise ships).

I don't feel comfortable disclosing my disablitly over the internet. However, if we are lucky enough to meet one day, we'll talk.

Ok, that's cool, thanks for sharing that info with me, as I said I had no clue on their uses. Very interesting.

They train:

Service Dogs - assisting adults with physical disabilites (including Iraqi War Veterans) I apologize - I was typing faster than my brain was thinking......You deserve for me to get this right!!!!

I regret the error in typing IRAQI WAR VETERANS.

We just got off the Golden Princess to Alaska....it was a wonderfully, beautiful cruise. We had a great time. I find it quieter/more early to bed/less noisey. Like I said I enjoyed myself. I also know that this particular cruise would be quieter because of the time and the destination.

It's what I wanted then.

Next cruise.....I want to have more "night life", "brighter" decor, more games, etc....That's why I chose the Splendor.

There is a difference between the lines and I choose my cruise according to what I need for the time I'm cruising.

Am I making any sense? I don't mean to conjur up any angry feelings in any of you......I merely wanted to hear about what my age sees in Carnival. I wanted to see if we felt the same.

Makes perfect sense to me.. and I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise.. my father took his 1st cruise at 60 last year and loved it.. he has been on another Carnival cruise since then and has never complained about nothing to do... there is always something.. ;)

what does age have to do with cruising on carnival :confused:. and my nerves are always fine when i am cruising on my favorite cruiseline--carnival. i just got off the fantasy and went to progresso and cozumel. there were plenty of passengers my age ( 60 ) and over. we were not party animals that reeked havack on the ship . and the passengers in their 20's and 30' were well behaved also. if you cant handle the '' wild live '' on carnival you should try holland or a more sedate cruiseline.

I'm 52 DH 47 we love Carnival. We don't have to do all the stuff offered. We are pretty laid back. We will be doing Holland America next October just to try something different but again we love Carnival.

The difference between these two lines far exceeds the word "remarkable!"

It's night and day......but, that's the best thing about having so many choices.

My DH will not cruise HAL anymore, he doesn't like their food as much as Carnival. He like Princess the best!

I like HAL and I liked their food......go figure!

Wizard-of-Roz you rock! And I would cruise with you anyday! Phooey on the fuddy-duddies. It shows the 21 years I spent in the Navy meant something. Even the fuddy-duddies have freedom of speech.

I don't have to defend anything. I am 52 my DW 47 and we are in the best years of our lives.

I sit here in my tie-dyed shirt and equally loud lounge pants (yes I will have them onboard!). I'm loud and I'm proud. And if the fuddy-duddies don't like the party, leave the lounge. YOU AIN'T GONNA BRING US DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL.

So, party on Garth.:D

What does age have to do with it??? Are the people on the other lines almost dead or something?? :) I have sailed Princess and Carnival and all ages have been on both cruiselines. :)

I agree, age has nothing to do with it. We did sail on the Princess Diamond about 5 years ago and we hated it. We were constantly dodging wheelchairs and walkers, and people were in bed by 10:00 p.m. It was D.E.A.D. on that cruise. We decided then to go on stay with Carnival where things are more lively. We have found that Carnival has more entertaining people, and friendly people.

You must be kidding??? I just celebrated my 60th on Carnival and had the best vacation of my life. And I was by far not the oldest kicking up my heels on the dance floor.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming....woo hoo, what a ride!"

You must be kidding??? I just celebrated my 60th on Carnival and had the best vacation of my life. And I was by far not the oldest kicking up my heels on the dance floor.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming....woo hoo, what a ride!"

Love it! ;)

Archived