DREAM vs. IDA

MrPete

Dream sail tonight? Is this a cruise to no where?

We're all wondering the same thing... will we be going anywhere???

The seas relatively close to shore aren't too bad but as the system slides north the significant seas move closer to shore.

From the current forecasts the seas to the south will be prohibitive so sailing north looks like a good idea but then over the next 36 hours the system makes the return voyage potentially a bit rocky!!!

:)

I have just been watching the news and I think it would be in the best interest of all to stay put tonight. The same decision was made on the Caribbean Princess a few weeks ago. It's a cruise to nowhere anywhere so I am fine with that.

Looking like a rocky CTN for those sailing this afternoon. As of 8 AM waves just out side of NYC harbor are 12.5 feet. Just south of central LI 17.1 feet. south of the forks is 16.1 feet. About 100 miles south of LI seas are 23.9 feet.

Forecast for the waters south of New England call for seas 18 to 26 feet tonight and 15 to 25 feet for Saturday.

Alan

Given my personal cruise style, I would be happy staying in port. I don't gamble or purchase much in the shops on board, so not being able to do either of these things wouldn't have a negative impact on my experience.

For those that do gamble and shop, I'm sure they would be disappointed, along with Carnival that wouldn't benefit from the extra revenue.

No matter what the outcome, I hope that everyone on board makes the best of it and has a great time. How could you not with such a big ship to explore in a short period of time.

Id be dissapointed if I couldnt shop and others if they couldnt gamble at all on a cruise, even if its a short one.

Ecstasy has travelled in over 25 ft waves, I cant see Dream just staying put, but thats me. Id want the ship to get out in the wave in international waters at least.

I hope if they untie the ship with hi winds its not a repeat of cozumel a few weeks ago. My cruise on the Dream isn't until Jan23 so I know the ship will be fixed by than. IM sure the hi ups at carnival know they are dealing with a brand new ship, and will take every precaution

Archived