40lbs in 4 months, anyone else?

gospelle

Mariapd,

I'm tied with you right now, down 11,:D but we weigh normally on Sundays. I just weighed today to see. I'm walking more(weather is warming some), still can't really get into eating all the rabbit food. I'm staying away from my downfall food----- Chocolate anything, brownies, my favorite. I even told hubby not to buy me the usual 4 pound box of Dinstuhl's select chocolate for Valentines this year. I told him I'd take a massage on one or more of our upcoming cruises instead!

Next cruise is two and a half weeks away! Got to watch Oprah Monday to see how to look younger! Ha! I'm a Grandma, don't have to pretend to be young!

Anyone here cruising on Spirit Mexican 3/9/05???:)

How about Horizon 4/15/05 or 4/23/05????:)

Or Holiday 6/30/05???:)

mariapd719: Nope, I'm not doing Oprah's bootcamp cause I know myself well enough to know that I won't follow all 7 rules. However I have incorporated 3 of the 7 rules:

1) Drink pleny of water;

2) Eat breakfast

3) Don't eat at least 3 hrs before bedtime.

In fact according to Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) he said that last rule is the most important; "if you only follow one rule, that's the one to follow, that alone will help you lose weight"; and so far it's worked for me.

I'm down 11lbs since January 1 (and that includes "cheating")...so I just have to work on no alcohol, and getting off my butt and exercising! (I got so lazy I didn't post my progress last week!)

BTW, those of you interested in the other 4 rules:

4) No alcohol

5) Exercise 8 times a week

6) Eat consciously (meaning eat slowly, chewing your food completely, and only eat when you're hungry)

7) No "white" foods like processed flour, rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.

Hope this helps some of you. Good luck!

Maria,

I've tried the RS candies; VERY good. I just eat several bags if I buy them! No will power. On the fudge bars, are you talking about the ice cream section??

Stuffic,

Thanks for the O steps; I was going to look at her website, but forgot about it.

Good luck to all! Two more weeks till my next cruise! Fat or not, Mexican Riviera here I come!

Grandma: I like your attitude about the cruise being 2 weeks away. I know you'll have a good time, and being at least 11lbs lighter will make it that much better!

Mariapd: Gurl, you're encouraging me to do the bootcamp, now. Perhaps I will start it with you on Monday. Regardless, make sure you keep posting your progress...

Hi everyone,

I have not posted anything in the last 2 weeks i have been really sick and no energy, so i am back into my routine, though i have not exercized in weeks and that is where i always see a difference!!! i will start exercizeing this weekend, i have a goal on the {weekends} to take a 3 mile walk and during the week to go to curves 3 times a week and do toning video's at home in the morning before work!!

that i my GOAL!!!

I was watching and counting my points and that worked then not feeling ok and all i just ate everything!!! so this week i started on my Slim fast shake every morning and then a peace of cheese in between lunch and breakfast then, lunch time i make a salad with romaine lettus, and 2/3 cup of fat free bread crumbs and cheese, dressing ohh and fresh deli turkey too... and dinner i make so everything grilled, always with broccli and my hubby gets all the good things that we can eat!!! LOLL

I think opera's diet is great though i can not follow it!! & there is billybootcamp video out i wase thinking of buying then i thought to my self i have to do it buying all this stuff it might just collect dust, so i made a measureing chart weight chart and weekley and then i right all the information down and go from there...

Will not weigh in till 1st week of March so i can see how much progress i am doing!!!

i will keep up with the threads's though...

I have so much clothes to fit into for my cruise, and that is my goal!!! My husband bought me a Dooney&Burke pocket book for Valentines day (i am a purse girl) and in it was gift certificate to 5,7,9 store at our mall!! i am a 14 is he trying to tell me something!!!! :eek: That is so i can make sure i bust my but and do it i always go and then stop... So Ladies i hope i can shop there in end of April for my cruise in May 7th

If there is any other suggestions in what else or other diets that is good for me let me know!!!

Grandma....go to www.oprah.com

The meal plan is basically atkins but they allow 2 fruits a day (but I wont eat that- since Im strict on Atkins) Its basically 8 workouts a week and one day of rest. I had to modify the "doubling up routine" I lowered the grade by 2 and the milage by .05 until Im in better shape to meet the goal. Check it out

Liz keep it going....we re gonna look fabulous for our cruise

I've removed a few more names, If you're not on the list, please repost.

Now that I'm at the halfway mark, I'll share my thoughts with you regarding "oprah", and all the other "plans" you keep chatting about.

First, let me just say that in the last week I enjoyed several yummy breakfasts including fried egg sandwiches, bacon, crepes with whipped cream along with the more common cereal & coffee. I've also enjoyed (in just the last week) pizza, lasagna, McDonalds burgers, cokes, ice cream shakes, and of course beer!

Now, don't think that that's all I eat. I'm also very big on vegtables with every meal or snack, but clearly the no carb and rabbit food thing is not required to lose weight. I also do not eat anything that has been deep fried.

I weigh myself daily (in the morning) and if I've gone up, I try and moderate my intake that day.

The other thing I do is work my butt off on the stationary bike. I do about 65 to 75 mins about 5 or 6 times a week. I just watch TV while doing it and the time (usually) flies by.

I will also occasionally skip a meal if I'm busy during the day, and I have eaten right before bed, but I will agree that I lose more in the night if I don't have a late snack. I also lose more on the days I eat regularly (4 or 5 times), regarless of WHAT it is I eat.

You should also know that at least once every two weeks or so I binge and eat everything in sight. (I love food). I gain about 5 lbs the next day, but it always comes back off within a couple days of the regular routine.

The thing I've noticed is that the exercise gets easier as it becomes routine, but giving up my food is much harder. I think that if I were to change my eating habits instead of exercising, it would not be sustainable and I'd gain it all back after the cruise. (like I did 2 years ago). This time i think I can keep it off.

Anyway, that's my strategy and I'm halfway to the goal. Take it for what you will.

Alpha <gospelle> - 20 lbs

Melissa - 15 lbs

Mariapd719 - 12 lbs

Stuffic - 11 lbs

Cruising grandma - 11 lbs

Quiltingandcruising 10.6 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

sprtswidow - 5 lbs

sprtswidow's hubby - 2 lbs

I think I posted too soon today. Here's an updated list.

Melissa - 15 lbs

Mariapd719 - 12 lbs

Quiltingandcruising 12 lbs

Stuffic - 11 lbs

Cruising grandma - 11 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

sprtswidow - 5 lbs

Hey, it's good to see yourself climb the chart. :)

I'll try and remember to post Thursday evening next time.:o

Weight loss since Jan 1:

Melissa - 15 lbs

Cruising grandma - 13 lbs

Mariapd719 - 12 lbs

Quiltingandcruising 12 lbs

Stuffic - 11 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

sprtswidow - 5 lbs

Uh oh...it looks like I'm getting lower and lower on the chart:o

But it's cool. Like I said, I've been "cheating" for the last couple of weeks and still lost a pound so I'm OK with it. I'm doing better than I was last year, that's for sure.

I'm glad all of you are doing so well, especially you Gospelle. Thanks for being honest and letting us know what you've been doing. It's proof postive that there's a lot more to learn about what works and what doesn't re: weight loss. After all, didn't they recently change the food pyramid (after 50 years of being taught what we're "suppose" to eat, then they changed it?) Anyway, you get my drift...do whatever works!:D

Thanks Gospelle for moving me up. You've reached the halfway point!!! I'm sure that makes you feel great, as it should!!!

I only have a week and a half before cruise time, but I'll be walking and climbing stairs more while on cruise. I'll also try to eat a simple breakfast, and not overload too much at lunch, and for dinner I dream of those cruise cold soups! Also, will have an appetizer, salad, breadsticks, entree and have to have desert!!! Cream Brulee, Yummy! And crepes and chocolate royale cake, and cherries jubilee. Deserts are my weakness. Also heard to try the Grand Mariner souflee and pumpkin soup. Anyone with other favorites?

I've already bought the Easter candy for our family egg hunt, and have not eaten any of it, yet! I've put it away to keep it out of sight out of mind!

Hi,

This looks like a fun and motivational thread. I booked my cruise a few weeks ago so didn't start losing weight because of the cruise but it is a good milestone. We sail May 8th. I started the 6 week body makeover Jan. 7th. I've been tracking my progress each week on their web site and am happy to say I am down 21.5 lbs. So it looks like I can get in a horse race with Alpha. I started a 199.5 lbs and today after my hike I was 178. I've fallen off a few times (1 piece chocolate cake, 5 chocolate chip cookies, 7 filled chocolates, 2 small movie popcorns, guacomole, salsa and organic nuts) in the 7 weeks I have been on but generally have done pretty good. I've been pleased as punch with the results and since I'm joining this late and folks will wonder if I'm legit you can go to the www.provida.com web site and look at the 6 week body makeover board for my profile: micdenver.

So if I'm allowed to join this merry band late I would love to. Most of my cheating has been in the last couple of weeks because I'm feeling so good about what I lost that I'm losing focus (chocolate cake was just last night).

Cheers!

Michelle aka micdenver

Welcome Micdenver,

I'll check out that site. What all do you do as far as eating and exercize???

Had my pizza and chocolate iced cake today at my niece's birthday party. Also, at the AAA cruise show this morning, cookies and latte mocha with whipped cream. BAD food day, but what can you do it was a party day! I did eat a couple of salads and some baby carrots, so I wasn't totally wasted.

Had a beautiful 65 degree sunny day today, but tonight it is turning cold again. YUCK! It will be back in the 20's Wednesday night. Ready for warmth!!!

Hi Crusin Grandma,

The program is eat 5 times per day equal amounts of protein and complex carbs (potatoes or rice). They have a slightly different plan for each body type but that is the gist of it. I do protein and fruit for the first 2 meals and protein and carbs for the last three. Then you can throw in all the veggies you want and I throw in all the fruit I want (but they don't advise that). My personal opinion is that it is a good program for sedetary people but not so good for active. They want you to remove all the salt from your diet and you can't get exercise like that. I started it because a lady at work had followed it for 7 mths and lost 93 lbs. I asked her what she was doing and she told me about it. I liked the all natural food philosophy. The theory is that the 5 meals speeds up your metabolism so your body is not in a conserve weight mode and it eliminates the fat from your diet with all the natural foods so you consume your body fat for fuel. I think it works really well. I did a fair amount of modification to fit my lifestyle and to make sure I wasn't fixiating on the things I wanted (like adding in a chocolate chip cookie when I really felt I needed it). A lady at work started it 3 weeks after I did and she lost 15 lbs in the first 3 weeks but she is alot better at following the program than I have been. I have full confidence that she will pass me by if she keeps up with it. The lady who first tried it lost 29 in the first 6 weeks, I only lost 19 (but I have to grin when I write that since I can hardly believe it). That is why I liked this thread. I was feeling very happy about the 21 I've lost so far so have been losing focus about staying on it.

Cheers!

Michelle

Hi folks,

Didn't check-in last week - but I had plateau'd and was a little down. I know I need to exercise more. This weekend, however, I got off the plateau and lost 3 more lbs. My exercise routine - shearing goats. Combines weight lifting, wrestling and stretching. LOL

Also have a great egg drop soup I make that is very filling and low in calories. I heat up no-fat chicken broth with a few slices of bok choy, green onions, 1/2 of the ramiens noodles and any other vegetable that I like (mushrooms, carrots). Then I get an envelope of eggdrop soup mix and add about 1 tbs. (I get 3-4 batches of soup from each envelope). Finally, I beat and egg and drip it into the soup. I don't use the ramien noodle seasoning because it is too salty.

Good luck to you all. I'll check-in again on Thursday.

Melissa

:D

My weight in this morning was 178. So total loss since Jan. 7th is 21.5 lbs. It was definately a plateau week for me. I'm hoping for much better results next week since I think I only lost .5 lb this week. I went hiking last Sat. and have been so sore all week I couldn't hardly move. In addition I have had a number of deserts. Hopefully it is out of my system for next week. Good luck all in losing. :-)

Cheers,

Michelle

I've plateaued as well. Didn't lose any this week, but I will next week. Still down 11lbs.

micdenver, interested in the plan you're on...is it that same plan that I see on TV infomercials late at night that says you only have to exercise a couple of times a week?

You folks are starting to put up some competition here. Good thing I had a good week too. :)

Weight loss since Jan 1:

Alpha <gospelle> - 23 lbs

Micdenver - 21.5 lbs

Melissa - 18 lbs (I think, please confirm loss since Jan 1.)

Quiltingandcruising 15.6 lbs

Cruising grandma - 13 lbs

Mariapd719 - 12 lbs

Stuffic - 11 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

sprtswidow - 5 lbs

Archived