40lbs in 4 months, anyone else?

gospelle

Bluehorizonlover123-------That is a great accomplishment!!! How long did it take you to lose 50 pounds??? I hope you went out and bought lots of new stylish clothes for your cruise!! Have a wonderful cruise! Another easier to carry remedy for jellyfish stings is meat tenderizer! We used to take it every trip to the beach in Florida.

Kay

Thanks for the jellyfish tips...Im actually hoping I dont get stung though ;)

Bluehorizonlover congrats! How did you do it? I was trying to drop 40 before my may 7th cruise but I still have 20 1/2 lb s to go so I dont think its gonna happen. I think Im gaining alot of muscle and its whats hindering me

I started my new eating regime in May of 2004. I don't eat sugar. Or at least I try to limit my sugar per meal to 16 gm at the most. I also don't eat anything white (ie carbs that are white) I exercise every single day. Usually on the treadmill for about 70 minutes a day. I also weight train alittle bit. But mostly I think I did it making wise food choices and watching my portion sizes. I did have to buy all new clothes. I went down 4 sizes. I actually liked my old cruise clothes better than my new.... but I am sure I will get used to them once I wear them for the first time. Now the trick will be not too gain too much this next week. I can easily gain 7 pounds in one week. Yikes.

Bluehorizon -Have a great time on the cruise - Do you follow your regimen on the cruise too or no? I was told by my bf's uncle who is a die hard Atkins man (hes lost a ton of weight) to go ahead and have my 2 pina coladas everyday and my low carb beer at night but dont eat any pasta or bread. He said its like a brick wall sitting there and atleast with the drinks if I exercise it shouldnt hurt me that much. Im hoping hes right because I gain weight so easy. Even though i never cheat and exercise everyday I still gain a pound now and then. Do you have a plan or are you going to just enjoy yourself and not worry about it ?

Hi all -

We went on a cruise over xmas and this is what I ate. Protein shake for breakfast. Coffee and scrambled eggs alittle later. Work out in spa area or walk the promenade. Did 4 miles everyday. Then lunch was cheese and fruit. Dinner whatever I wanted and dessert of course. And then I was such a pig I went to eat desserts at midnight. Gained on that cruise 2 pounds. Took a month to lose it again. I am down 6 pounds since that xmas cruise. So I hope I can only gain 2 pounds again this time. But at dinner I usually only eat the protein and veggie part of the meal. I don't eat the starch part of it at all. And I often order 2 entrees and then just take a taste of both. I always get a bunch of desserts and then taste them all. But I do exercise alot on the ship. I don't drink that much. A pina colada shared with hubby and kids maybe but it is virgin, no alcohol. I drink lots of water too. This time I am going to bring that new crystal light that you can mix into a water bottle. I will let you know when I get home how much damage I did. I was wearing a size 20 before my diet. Now a 12 is big on me in some styles.

Grandma - I bring my powdered protein powder and my hand stick blender and I make the shake with crystal light and ice cubes. It tastes good. No of course I don't eat bagel, oatmeal, etc that is "white" a carbohydrate and I don't eat carbohydrates anymore. That is how I lost all the weight. I eliminated carbohydrates. I eat salads too, I forgot to say that. I don't eat soup too much, too salty. I would eat the egg if they have cheese,etc. I don't add ham (too salty). I don't really eat processed meats anymore either. Basically I changed my way of life regarding food choices that I make and then portion sizes too.

Looks like this group is getting smaller (and thinner). Looks like I'm going to miss my target of 40lbs, but I WILL make 30lbs before I leave on the cruise (37 days).

Weight loss since Jan 1:

Micdenver - 25 lbs

Alpha <gospelle> - 24 lbs

Mariapd719 - 20 lbs

Cruising grandma - 12 lbs

If I've deleted you by mistake, please repost. Feel free to copy and paste my little chart when you weigh in and just change your weight.

Thanks.

Big pre Easter dinner @ my house tomorrow. 16 people(11 adults and 5 munchkins). Weather man is calling for rain around 6 PM; everyone's coming at 4 for egg hunt then dinner. Menu(some good for you, some not):Ham, potato salad, broccoli/cauliflower/green onion and cheese salad(with a special dressing of mayo, apple cider vinegar and sugar) very good, early green peas, field peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, veggie dip, devilled eggs,wheat and white rolls, chocolate cheesecake with strawberry coolwhip and kiwi and strawberries on top, and a big chcolate chip cookie with cool whip and fruit and marzipan fruit on top. My daughter is making some other fruity desert. Yes, I gained 4 pounds in two weeks, 10 days of it cruising and on trip, and I shed 3 pounds in 6 days after I got home. Walked around the long block with grandson, mom, and sister yesterday, and around a nice park with brother in law, sister, and mom today. Weather was beautiful!!!!! High 70's or low 80's and sunny. Spring flowers blooming. Hubby is off work for four days next week so lots of outdoor gardening and fish pond work planned. Hopefully it will be sunny while he's off. I can't wait to get started, but we always wait till after Easter egg hunt!

Maria, Oprah's bootcamp is doing you great!!! I can follow some of it, but don't go to a gym. I had asked earlier if anyone does Curves, no response. I've never gone anywhere like that to work out, and don't know how I'd feel about going in alone not knowing anything about it. Mainly, house work, yard work, chasing our grandson around and climbing stairs at home and some neighborhood walking is the extent of my exercise.

Hi Everyone,

I was 173 this morning but Sat. are always good for me. I seem to do better during the week and then go get Indian food and chocolate on the weekend. :-D But I have started a Sat. massage routine which works out well so I feel fabulous! Maybe I can start to work on this chocolate habit....

Cheers!

Michelle

Hi guys hope you all have a wonderful Easter. Grandma that food sounds so good. My moms just making the usual spaghetti (which I cant eat) so shes making some brashawl (some italian meat I love). Poor mom went from having 9 people to just 3..my brother has to take his fiance too Boston for a major surgery and they wanted her there today! Shes been sick with it for months waiting and begginf for them to do it and they wait till Easter Sunday to prep her :confused: Her 2 sons are going to now eat at their friends house instead of coming to my moms (cant say I blame them they are 14 and 16) and my brothers 2 boys are going out to lunch with their mom before they get dropped off to my moms. So its just me mom and dad and sice I cant really eat all the good stuff she decided to just make pasta for them and a meat for me.

Iam going to brunch though before with my bf and his mom and cousin so I wont be relly hungry anyways. Atleast I get to see my nephews and I got them awesome baskets

hi everyone, just wanted to write you all and tell you where i am !!!!

I have lost 15 pounds and 22inches all over my body YEAHHHH..

I want to loose 10 more hope i can do it}}}

Cruiseing in 5 weeks cant wait need this vacation!!!!!

Maria how are you doing almost here girl, then we can drink our pinacoladas by the pool!!!

Hey Liz - yeah Im down 24 pounds as of today. My waist has gone down about 4 or 5 inches. Im not buying new clothes for the cruise though. My parents are tailors and they are in the process of taking in everything so I may look frumpy..LOL but I dont want to buy new clothes till I get where I want. I lost most of it in my rear (which is still big) and the top of the back of my legs. It must be from the all the miles I walk everyday. I do atleast minimum of 3 miles a day but usually do more. I just cant wait to go. Im buying carb cutter pills and popping them before my afternoon pina coladas, before dinner and before late night drinking. It says to take them for 3 meals a day....Just so happens 2 of my meals will be liquid..LOL Breakfast and Lunch will be easy to follow Atkins perfectly(alot of choices).

Grandma, Michelle and bluehorizon how are you all doing...did you make it past the Easter candy?

Good Morning everyone,

As my hubby reminded me this morning it was cruise ship weigh-in day. Oh-no I said, I'm not ready. I over indulged in chocolate this weekend, caught a lung infection of some sort and still had to work all week so I have been eating alot to keep my strength up. And I have not been weighing myself in the morning so I had no idea where I was. Would it be 180? 178????? So I was pleased as peaches to get on the scale and see it was 174. However I think I lost alot of muscle tone this week as I feel bloated and flabby. With no activity I go to pudding very quickly. On the bright side, we are still 5 weeks from our cruise so I have time to recover from whatever I have. Today I'm going to try and see the Dr. Hope everyone else had a better week.

Michelle

Hello evryone!

All the company is gone, and hopefully all the bad eating is, too. We really enjoyed Easter weekend, and this week have been busy babysitting and visiting a 80 year old third or forth cousin(?), and my dad's two sisters(88yrs and 93 almost 94 yrs). I took my sister and my mom for the "girls" visit. My aunts and my mom all still live alone and do most everything for themselves! The younger two still mow their lawns, cook, clean, and all three drive wherever they want to go! Glad longevity is in our family!

As for the dieting--had two small pieces of the chocolate cheesecake(first time I had made it-WONDERFUL! Kraft.com has recipe). I've been eating lots of fresh veggies, and some oranges, apples blueberries, kiwi and bananas. My mom had a chcolate silk pie, and a key lime pie, that I didn't even taste! I also gave my nieces and my grandson lots of candy, and I've only had a few m & m's. I gained 2 lbs. from Thursday to Sunday, but then lost them back by today. My sister and I went shopping yesterday, and I bought a couple of new dressy capri sets, and a beautiful "social dress", and two pairs of black sandals. (couldn't decide) Two more weeks till we cruise!! Got to keep moving and losing. My sister gave me some exercises, so I'll try them.

So, Gospelle for todays weighin I'm still down 12. If I lose 2 more by the 14th, I'll be where I was before the last cruise. Hopefully, I can lose more than that.

Maria, are you on Atkins or Oprah, or is there much difference?

Does anyone here go to Curves?? Or anyone know anything about Curves????

Well I'm embarassed to say I've gained several pounds over the last two weeks, but considering my cruise is now only one month away, and I PROMISED myself I'd lose at least 30 lbs, I'd say look out Micdenver & Mariapd719!! The next 4 weeks aren't going to be easy for you to stay on top. :D

Weight loss since Jan 1:

Micdenver - 25 lbs (please post the 'since Jan 1' amount in you posts)

Mariapd719 - 24 lbs

Alpha <gospelle> - 21 lbs

LESTRELA - 15 lbs

Cruising grandma - 12 lbs

Sorry about not doing the since Jan. amount. 199.5-174 = 25.5. I was so sick and miserable I just forgot. I would love to rise to the challenge but really just want to crawl under the bed. So maybe next week I will be more energetic about competing. My goal was to get to 165 so I'm 9 lbs away which makes it harder to focus but focus I must as I am turning to pudding as I type. :)

Michelle

Grandma - Im doing Oprah bootcamp but Atkins diet not hers.

I ve never been to cuves. Alot of people swear by it, but I dont think its for me. I dont really want the machines doing the work for me when Im very well capable of doing it. I think Id feel lazy like I wasnt doing anything. However...if I got injured while running/walking or working out or I wasnt very strong I would definately use them in a heart beat. I dont really want to work out with a bunch of overweight woman like myself you know. It sounds rotten but I need to see some hard bodies for motivation. Five more mins on this treadmill and eventually Ill look like her. Maybe if I push out 2 more situps my stomach might look like hers. Im still working out alone in the Rec center for now but when I do decide to join a gym its going to be one with great kickboxing classes ( I used to be awesome at it a few yrs back) and a mix of all shapes and sizes. I hope I didnt sound like a jerk its just something that motivates me and something Id need. And well thers a ginormous smelly girl I work with that goes to the one near here and the thought of poss sitting on a machine that she ever sat on makes me really ill. PEEEEE UUUUUUUUU ! Stinky

You are too funny, Maria! I had just seen someone posted somewhere about curves, and noticed one close to my house. I don't know what they have inside, but I don't want to sit on a "stinky" machine either! So, how does the machine do it for you? You have machines at the rec center too, don't you? Treadmill? What kind of machines are at curves??? I've never done "machine workouts" , normally just walk outdoors, or at the mall, and gardening, housework, and chasing the 2 1/2 year old grandson around! I have a exercise "machine" I bought at a garage sale several years ago. It is upstairs, so I get stairclimbing in if I use it. However, it doesn't get much use! Have a great weekend!Two mroe weeks, I'll be sleeping on a cruise ship!!!Yeah! Bought a new "social dress" at Macy's. It's a tiny bit tight, but will be fine with a few more pounds lost. It is black with pink and purple flowers and beads on it. It has the (I think they call it) hankerchief hem. Several pointy sections?! Best part it was $110 on sale for half price, and I used my coupon for additional 15 % off! Also, got a couple of capri sets; one at Macy's, one at Sam's. And 2 pr black sandals from Macy's. I said I was not buying anything else till I lost all my weight, but hey, I am a shopaholic! Can't help myself!

Archived