40lbs in 4 months, anyone else?

gospelle

Cruise 182 - I have a bad knee too. When I was trainging for the police force I was 220 lbs and got down to 158 (all muscle) within 3 months. I couldnt run till I was 205 lbs though just walked . But once I could run that was all I did (even though I hated it) well it was too much weight and a non rubber track and it defintaely took its toll. Does your club/gym have a pool? It is the BEST exercise no stress on any body parts and great for keeping your breathing up. I agree eat some MEAT. The way you exercise I bet if you did Atkins for 2 weeks you'd lose like 10 lbs easy

Thanks for the support!! Yes they do have a pool and I am going to start that on Monday. Want to rest the knee. I am usually not a baby about injuries but as I am getting older I realize that if I really injure my body well there goes the work out and probably the diet as I would get depressed and as a result eat!! I also have a steak on Sundays and salmon at least once a week. I also drink Whey protein, vitamins so I think I am getting enough red meat Once I reach my goal then I will increase my diet. This is just temporary. Also with my High cholesterol (295)total and bad cholesterol at (205) My Dr wants to keep me away from the fats!!

Today:

Chest and Tri.....love handle work out

218.5lbs

Breakfast: 1/2c of oat bran cereal with 1/4cskim milk 1 banana

AM Snack: 2 apples

Lunch: Skillet chicken spaghetti bowl of spinach salad

PM Snack: carrots and non-fat dip

Dinner: shrimp and vegetables over brown rice

1 whey protein in water

Maria, thank you for the encouragement! I need to get and walk today. The temp is 16! HEAT WAVE! LOL Snow expected tomorrow. But, we love the snow so I am looking forward to getting out sledding!

WATER, WATER, WATER WATER! Boy, I am learning to hate that stuff!

Thanks for the welcome,

Jersey Mom.

Hows your knee feeling?

Jersey mom alot of people have a hard time drinking water but I love it and thats all Ive ever drank. I hate soda but in the summer I like to have iced tea.

Try putting lemon in it. It ll make you drink more. Wel lit seems like when I drink water and lemon Im thirstier so it works. Might just be me

Okay folks, here's the skinny:

Weight lost since Jan 1 (from the most current posts)

PINEVIEW01 - 15 lbs

There you have it. See you all next thursday.

Gospelle back from the cruise! I'm up one pound from Jan 1:( I told you I'd have to start over. So, I'm back and now only have three months to go.

Four month at -1

Cruise 182 - I

Hey Lestrela 50 lbs is alot when your used to always being thin(130 is small)....but I wish I was 175 :rolleyes: I packed on tons of weight when I started working midnights and sitting on my butt all night. My other job was very active. I put on 50 lbs the first 1 1/2 yrs I was here then 10 lbs the next yr and so on. So in 5 yrs the total is still 50 lbs. Ive lost and gained and gained and gained and lost 15 then gained 20 lost 25 gained 30....in the end I still got that 50 to lose and then some :eek: I wasnt exactly skinny when I started to begin with. I want to lose 65 total but it'd be nice to get off atleast 40 by the cruise, then Id look um ....human - WE CAN DO IT GIRL.....then we'll drink a million chocolate bananas and put it back on

hEY Maria

I did great last week though this weekend sulked {the big snow storm in all weekend so i sat on my but, feel ****ty i wanted to go to the gym though there is so much snow here that we can not even see where we are going the snow banks are so high... {i went home for lunch and i have lil choc hanging around for my husband & the guys i was snaking on the SHAM on me}}

Eating i am doing right, {well getting there} I have cut all bread out i mean i will eat Pasta and stuff but BREAD BREAD i love toast bagels hamburger bread, no more like Sunday i made hamburgers and i only had the burgers and no bread w/ that i had romain lettus on the burger i had 1 peace of bacon and cheese {that was all my protien }

There is a exercize machine i want to buy it is on sale here in a couple of stores, and it is always on TV so it is making me was it it is the AB roller it is like a chair it reaches all the way back... I am looking for a great Kick Boxing video {cant find one } I was big into that in my early 20's then once planning the wedding and looking for a home i gradually stopped....

Maria lets keep in touch and compare notes we can do this!!!!

Everyone else that has upcoming cruise's lets make a weekly weigh in and compare notes:::

good luck,

liz

Hope it's not too late to join, I would like to lose 30 lbs by my cruise, I have put it off, but started diet again as of Saturday 1/22/05, I am back on track, I will post weight lost on Thrusdays as well. Keep going, appreciate the encouragment I've been reading that you're giving each other, keep going.

Just an update. I've lost 8 pounds, and husband has lost 5. We should be losing more when the weather warms. I'll follow the two year old grandson again tomorrow. Wish I had his energy!!! Drink tons of water!!! Eat your veggies, fruits, protein, whole wheat, and skim milk products. Error on the last entry, should be wmctv.com, then Mr. Food. We weigh in on Sundays.

Take care of those knee injuries. Good luck on the cease to smoke !!!!!!!

Eliz.

Hey Liz I weighed myself on Sat and was still only down 9 lbs and I ve been really good. No cheating or snacking and even went for dinner on Mon night to Red Lobster and held back soooooooo much...didnt have rolls or mashed potatoes but did have some fried shrimp (not a lot of them but still). That was all the carbs I ate all day since I knew I was going that night I only had 2 hard boillled eggs for breakfast and sliced up some no carb cheese for a snack at night. So thats should be good

Tomorrows my first day at the gym/rec center finally so maybe it will speed it up. Had to throw away our old crappy treadmill tonight too...what a piece of crap and an eye sore :rolleyes: But my pants feel loser so I think Im losing inches which is mostly what I care about. Id rather be 160 and a size 10 than 140 and size 12, you know. All though size 12 would be very very nice right now :) I used to be 158 at my lowest weight and I was a 10 in pants (not tight either) but I worked out and was really toned and my legs were muscular cuz I ran.

If your cutting carbs Dreamfields makes low carb pasta I ve heard its really good. Price chopper sells it and low carb sauce. also instead of mashed potatoes now I boil a head of cauliflower till its really soft and drain (smoosh it in paper towels cuz its real water logged) and then I add sour cream and chives and eat a little every day for like 5-6 days. SOmeone on another thread told me about it.

cruising gransmom ....how u doing on the diet? I havent smoked in 7 days :D

Cwccmark...welcome and good luck!

Pineview - 1 lb on a cruise ...I wish...those choc bananas put like 4 lbs on me every time !!! 1 lb is not bad

Jersey mom...how you making out? Any cold morning walks?

Crusie182 is your knee still hurting?

Jersey Mom here. Only lost 1 pound this week. Total of 11 now! I think that I lost more inches this week though. I will have to measure. I think that all the shoveling has put on that BULKY HEAVY MUSCLE!

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on their losses! WE are getting there. Slow and steady wins the race and the NICE SWIMSUIT!!!!

Good luck!

Jersey Mom.

Once again, our rankings since Jan 1.

Alpha <gospelle> - 13 lbs

Cruise 182 - 13 lbs

Cruise-thinner-4sure - 11 lbs

Mom in Jersey - 10 lbs

Mariapd719 - 9 lbs

Cruising grandma - 8 lbs

PINEVIEW01 - 7 lbs

Mheinrich - 7 lbs

Lazygal - 4 lbs

Not real sure why I gained 3 this week. Oh well, next week I intend to be MUCH less!

Ugghh Im up 1 for some unknown reason. Im still following the same exact diet. Im starting to work out now and my clothes are looser.... soooooo who knows whats going on

Maybe you are gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. If your clothes are looser that is what counts. Weight doesn't always matter as long as you feel and look better.

Thanks Jen I do feel alot better - I quit smoking 10 days ago tonight and if I tried to run for 5 mins straight before I would of died - Im up to running 5 mins straight non stop I do this twice during my fast pace (well fast to me :rolleyes: )60 minute walk - I dont think I could of done this 2 weeks ago.

I dont think its muscle though - Ive only been working out for 3 days - not sure what it it really - checked 2 diff scales too

Thanks for your kind words Jennifer :)

Congratulations to everyone's loss and to all those who have quit smoking. I know that resulted in a weight gain for me, but I never looked back. That's a hard addiction to quit, so don't beat yourself up over the weight. One thing at a time.

I've been working out very hard, but have switched to more cardio and less weights. Sometimes I work out too much and then binge eat at night.

I'm down 6 pounds for the month, but my husband bought a fancy new digital scale that shows I'm 10 pounds heavier. Now it's like starting all over.

Maria,

Congrats on the 10 day non smoking!!! That's fantastic, and probably is a significant reason of being able to exercise more. Great Job! Keep it up everyone. We all are going to look sooooooooo good on our upcoming cruises!

Hubby and I just booked the repositioning cruises from Tampa to San Juan and back to back San Juan to Norfolk. Anybody else going on either of these???? It's on Celebrity Horizon, first on April 15, and next April 23.

Eliz

Alpha,

Just joined so we could get in on the race. We cruise on June 25th. to Alaska.

My husband probably likes to win more than anyone I know. He plans to lose 40lbs. by the cruise. He is currently weighing in at 220. I plan to lose 40 also. No I will not tell my weight (it's a girl thing). Anyway, count us in!

Sprtswidow

As we weigh in on Sundays, I've lost another 3 pounds. I really thought I would have gained weight this week, since I've not really been as good on my eating or exercise. Shame on me. We went out for Mexican one night, and I've eaten some peanut butter and crackers and some butter and garlic toasted homemade rolls from our favorite steak restaurant, and some chocolate candy. Bad Bad It will probably catch back up with me next week!

How are the rest of you doing??

hi everyone i have lost 5lbs for the month, i feel a little better even with just 5 lbs down, though this is hard as sh--!!! It has been so bad with bad weather here so exercize has been a problem, did not do any last week, so this week i am going to do double not suppost to snow till Thursday!!!!

Cruise is on May 7th want to loose 35 more pounds but it is going to be hard so i say 20 more till the cruise then i will hit do 20 more after the cruise and i will set a goal for myself... I am thinking of booking a cruise the end of August for a 3nighter so maybe i can push and push myself till i loose it all!!!!

liz

PS

Good luck with all the weight lost in February

Oh my goodness, I have finally found the thread for me. Me and my daughter are both trying to drop some weight before we cruise on Conquest 4/3/05. My daughter wants to loose about 7 - 10 pounds. She really wants to get back in a size 3 before we get on the ship. Now for me, I want to just get into something smaller than a 1X. The amount I am trying to loose is somewhat greater than her.

Wish us both luck!!!

Hello everyone!

You all seem to be keeping up the good work. GREAT! I had my weight watchers meeting today and I lost another 2.4 pounds!!!! That makes a total of 13.5 pounds since january 3rd. 35 more to go! yikes! Nothing like a little healthy competition to keep it coming off.

At todays meeting they talked about visualization- See it! BE IT! I AM IT!!!!! well, I am trying anyway.

Keep up the work outs and the water!!

Jersey Mom

Ive been working out hard(well hard for me) - not snacking, not cheating, following everything perfect and well Im still only down 8 - I havent lost a single lb in over 2 weeks :mad: But Im still not smoking and wont ever again.

Jersey mom 13.5 lbs in a month- Great Job. Your doing awesome

Welcome Sprtwidow and rdseller...Good Luck

Cruising grandma - Great Job. I wish I was going on one of those great cruises - But Im only booked on the VOS in May. Id love to be stacked like you ;)

Liz- how are things going? 5 lbs is very very good for you. You dont have as much weight to lose as I do. stick to it :)

My diet actually started yesterday. So, at this point I have no success to report other than the fact that I didn't cheat yesterday. I could easily drop 50 pounds, but if I can just get rid of 20 I will be satisfied.

It really makes it hard, when you spouce isn't interested in dieting. Any good suggestions as how to encourage "trick" him into joining.

Archived