40lbs in 4 months, anyone else?

gospelle

Alpha,

I was a very happy 176.5 this morning so am at a total of 23. And I started a week after you. My weekly weigh-in is normally Fri. morning so I get serious about eating right toward the end of the week. With this weigh-in being on Thurs. I should be able to get motivated a day earlier. :-)

Looking forward to next week!

Michelle

Hi Stuffic,

Sorry, I didn't see your question till just now. It may be the one on the infomercial. It is called 6 week body makeover. I haven't seen the infomercial (don't watch much tv). I heard about it from a lady at work that I watched lose 93 lbs in 7 mths. She was like the incredibly shrinking woman. In Dec. after binging on candy I asked her about it. I liked the philosophy in that it is all natural foods that you buy at the grocery store. It takes some getting used to in that you eat 5-6 times a day and there is no salt, fat, sugar or dairy. But I can give you a laundry list of the cake, cookies, popcorn, nuts, guacomole and times I've eaten out but still lost 23 lbs. You don't have to exercise much on it. I think without the salt you would really have trouble with exercise because you would sweat it out. I am moderate to low activity. I do water aerobics twice a week (sometimes) and try and walk the dog everyday (which I also do sometimes). Even with that I have to supliment with salt just keep from feeling dizzy after exercise. I know that weeks I don't do much at all are just as good if not better at losing then weeks where I do get my exercise in.

Another lady at work started 3 weeks after me and is already down 20 lbs but she is better at sticking to it to the letter than I am. Although she also confesses to popcorn at the moves. :-) One of my other girlfriends just started and lost 8 lbs the first week. I lost 7 and the other lady lost 9. The one who did it first lost 13 the first week. The nice think is that you see such immediate and consistant results that you want to keep doing it for the results. Most of us agree that you have to "cheat" when you are really fixiating on something otherwise you feel too deprived and are likely to chuck the whole thing.

Let me know if you decide to do it. It is good fun to know other folks who are doing it and compare the experience. It cost about $120 so if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. After the initial kit cost there is no cost for the web site or phone support. But be prepared to spend at least 2 hours at the grocery store the first time tracking down all the no salt added meat, spices, and such. Also it isn't always easy to find the rice noodles and you will want to stock up on potatoes (yams, sweet and regular). I particularily like the baked french fry recipe that comes with the kit. It was a good replacement for my nacho chip eating habit.

Cheers!

Michelle

Thank you for sharing that with us, Michelle. Next time I see the informercial I will look into it...I don't usually trust stuff like that, but hearing about your weight loss is motivational. Only 12 weeks till I cruise, so a 6-week makeover sounds good to me! Thanks, again.

Hi Stuffic,

I don't blame you. I would never have gotten it off an infomercial. There is also a web site http://www.provida.com and if you naviagate to the chat section you can read about other's experiences.

It probably helps that I have never really been on a diet before but the 5 times a day eating, metabolism speed-up concept seems to work. My girlfriend at work was 21 down today at only 5 weeks into it so she is catching up to me with 24 down at 8 weeks. But were lucky in that we have an example of someone it worked for and we all seem to customize by making it work for us. I think you have to do that otherwise you get too desperate for things. Best of luck!

Michelle

Good bye to all for a couple of weeks. We leave tomorrow for our cruise. Just keep me at 13 lost, and when we get back, I'll let you know how to adjust it(up or down). We'll climb the stairs to the buffet and pool! We will also get a lot more walking on excursions all day! We will try not to OVERINDULGE!:D

Thanks, Maria. I'm finally all packed, and ready for bed. We have a 200 mile drive tomorrow morning, then a four and a half hour flight to San Diego. We'll stay overnight there, and cruise out Wednesday. I am so ready for a beach! Good luck on the weight loss! Seems we are staying pretty close. I'll hopefully start losing more mid March through mid April. I really want to get new clothes for that cruise! I bought a few new things for this one, but didn't want too many "big" clothes, that I hopefully won't need much longer!

I'll post when we return!:D

Crusin Grandma,

I don't know about you but I'm considering myself officially off duty for eating healthy when I go on my cruise in May. I wish you best of luck whichever way you decide to handle it. Have fun!:) (Wish I was going too. :()

Michelle

Today I was 175.0. Down from 199.5. So a total of 24.5 lbs down. This has been a helpful thread for me since I'm sure I would have lost focus this week without it. I'm so close to my goal of 165 that is hard to keep focused on losing more. I'm tempted to just let it happen with my new eating habits.... but I know that I may drift up again so I am trying to go in spurts of being focused and then letting myself add things back in even if the loss slows down. Have to decide what my tactic is for this weekend.

Cheers!

Michelle

Hi eveyone,

been awhile since i posted, how are you all loosing weight still stuck on 5 lbs and i have been so faithful!!! though i am loosing """" like crazy i am from a size 13/14 almost down to 11/12 i tried on my jeans last night i just need about 15 more "" of my body to fit great into my jeans, is it because of all the musel i am getting i am little concerned about the weight!!! If i loose all these inches and the weight stay why is that help me, I am not complaing on the """" cause i feel 85% better then ii did in january!!! 7 more weeks till i cruise hopefullu it would be nice to fit into a 10/11 and all my clothes from 2 years ago!!! I know when i am on the ship i am going to keep it up at the gym atleast 30 min everynight and take the stairs {stairs that is how i did not gain any last cruise LOLL}

Just went to Khols and Walmart this morning they had some nice bathing suits incase anyone wanted to know

hello to all and keep up the great work!!!

MARIA almost here LOLL!!!!!

Hey Liz thats great. I went from a size 22 to an 18 they fit me really good now too(they were tight last week) So by the cruise I should be a 16 atleast. I cant wait to go. Im planning on eating pretty healthy but Im gonna hve to drink my Pina Coladas so that'll hurt me. Ive decided at 4 or 5 pm everynight (have late seating dining and the gym should be empty sinc first seaters will be getting ready) Im goingto the gym and doing 1 hour on the treadmill.

Gospelle - you can mark me down for 16 lbs off

hope grandmas having a fanatastic time!!!!

Well, here's the rankings. It doesn't look like I'll be on top much longer. :o

Weight loss since Jan 1:

Alpha <gospelle> - 25 lbs

Micdenver - 24.5 lbs

Melissa - 18 lbs

Mariapd719 - 16 lbs

Quiltingandcruising 15.6 lbs

Cruising grandma - 13 lbs

Stuffic - 11 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

sprtswidow - 5 lbs

sprtswidow's hubby - 2 lbs

I gained a bit more than Micdenver this week so I graciously pass the crown. :) Way to go Mariapd719!

Weight loss since Jan 1:

Micdenver - 23.5 lbs

Alpha <gospelle> - 23 lbs

Melissa - 18 lbs

Mariapd719 - 17 lbs

Quiltingandcruising 15.6 lbs

Cruising grandma - 13 lbs

Stuffic - 11 lbs

Lestrela - 5lbs

(If your name isn't here, it's because you haven't posted in a while. Please re-post.)

Hello to all again!!

We got back from our Mexican Riviera cruise late last night. I haven't weighed, yet so I'll just let you post mine next week. We had a great trip, and probably gained some, but will try to get rid of some before Tuesday night. My sister and her family are coming in for a weeks visit for Easter. You know that means lots of big family get togethers with lots of good food!!! The food wasn't as good on this last cruise, so maybe I didn't gain too much! However, we leave again in 3 weeks and 5 days for our next cruises. Not much time to lose, especially having company for a week of it! Maybe my sis will be trying to lose some, too. She's going to visit her daughter and meet her daughter's fiance's family in California next month. Her daughter got her engagement ring the Sunday before we left. Now, another incentive to lose weight-------going to my niece's wedding! No date set, yet, but probably in the fall.

Maria, are you trying something different?? You are doing great!!!:D

Michelle, I checked out that website, but it seemed confusing to me. :confused:

Does anyone here go to curves?? I've seen one not far from my house, but don't know anyone who has gone there. Anyone have any info on it??

Anyone doing the Oprah bootcamp??

I have an old diet book by Dr. Katahn(?), I think was his name. Anyway, I lost 21 pounds in 21 days on the quick melt diet from it several years ago. Maybe I'll get it back out and go by it as much as I can.

Good luck everyone!

Cruisin Grandma,

Welcome back. Wow, another cruise so soon, that is great! The web site probably is confusing. They want you to buy the kit. I gravitating toward eating their way 4 out of 5 meals per day and then having a meal with salt, fats, sugars for the 5th one. I had gained 2.5 lbs over last weekend, then lost some again so my weekly weigh-in was only 1 lb up. But this morning was 174 and I started the 1 meal regular food per day thing last Mon. so it is working. Also my husband's grandmother had sent us two bags of fudge which I promplty ate so that didn't help.

Good luck with Easter!

Michelle

Grandma - glad to see ya back. What ship did you go on and which ones are going on next month? Im doing Oprahs bootcamp religiously and I really like it and feel like Ive accomplished alot also as far as building up endurance. Ive been doing it for 3 weeks now. I m not doing anything different but I did stop taking a medication of mine that I think was causing the slow lose.

Hi everyone!

We were on the Carnival Spirit(our first time on Carnival, but 17th cruise) out of San Diego to Acapulco, Zihuatanego(SP?)/Ixtapa, and Manzinillo then back to San Diego. Next is a 15 night back to back on Celebrity Horizon from Tampa to Aruba, Curacao, and Ocho Rios then to San Juan, Staying on ship for next cruise to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Labadee then on to Norfolk. Then, in June we'll be on Carnival Holiday for a four nighter with my cousin's wife and two of her granddaughters. Who knows after that?? My neice is getting married sometime probably this fall, so we're waiting to find out her wedding date before booking anything else. Also, our daughter is in Masters program, and we kind of committed to help out with the two year old grandson whenever needed. She's also trying to get pregnant again, so??? She will graduate next May. Then, yesterday she informed us that some time she'll get her Doctor's, too. Glad she enjoys school(I didn't). My mom babysat while we were gone last cruise, but mom is going with us on the b2b cruise. Her inlaws will take up the slack. They usually just keep him on Tuesday afternoons, and I keep him about 12 hours on Mondays, and 7 or 8 hours on Thursdays and any other time she needs me. I had worked for five years in a pediatric dental office till last August, helped with grandson and drew my unemployment for 6 months and started cruising again. Check my signature for other cruises.

Is anyone else here going on Horizon next month?

Michele, I couldn't figure out which place to go on that site for seeing which diet I wiould be on. Eating five times a day sounds like cruising!!! We totally blew the diets! Hot dogs, cheeseburgers, pasta, beef wellington, filet mignon, bread, cheesecake, french fries, omelets, bacon, hot cocoa, soups. We did eat fruits and salads, too. Also, chips and salsa in Mexico! Then, since we got home, we've had taco bell, and good Memphis barbeque! With all the relatives being here next week, I'll probably not be able to wear anything in my closet!!! Family get togethers and FOOD go hand in hand! I'll need a crash diet when they leave!

wow those ports sound really great. I love St Thomas and St Maarten they are so beautiful. Have you checked out Pinel Island in St Maarten? Its so quaint and relaxing. Im going to Aruba on my May 7th cruise. Ive never been there so am really looking forward to it. Itll be my first time to Labadee too. How did Carnival compare to Celebrity and RCCL?

DId you weigh yourself yet? I went up a pound today but I did eat 2 hrs before I went to the gym to work out instead of going on a empty stomach like usual.

Michelle, Liz and Blue horizons how are you guys doing?

Maria---- We have stayed on St. Maarten in a resort for a week, but never went to Pinel Island. We had a rental car, so I don't know how we missed it. We've also been to St. Maarten on four or five cruises, maybe more. John likes Orient Bay(nudist resort)Ha!!! We did walk over to the resort from a beach excursion, and bought t-shirts. One says "Happiness is no tan lines". He gets comments on it everytime he wears it! We also like Guana Bay. And never leave without going to Jimmy Buffet's, and the Belgium Chocolate store!

Don't be alarmed at so many topless women in Aruba! Some that REALLY shouldn't be! The majority do it!!! We stayed in a condo there for a week when our kids were 18(daughter) and 15(son). When we went to the beach, the first words out of our son's mouth was "I think I'm going to like it here!" My mom was with us, and she said,"We won't be here long!"

First time for us in Labadee and Curacao. 25 days!!!

Do you climb the wall on RCCL? How about ice skating? Where all does VOS go this trip?

We LOVE to cruise--- preference in order--Celebrity, RCL, Princess, Holland, Carnival, and NCL. Started cruising in 95, and have been on 17 with at least 3 more coming up this year! :D

As you all can tell, I'm not discussing weigh in! OK--- Yes, I gained four pounds in the last two weeks.:( And, My son just brought in a piping hot pizza!!! Yes, I ate one small piece. I need to stock up on fresh veggies and fruit tomorrow! I'll have the grandson tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday this week. Sis and her family coming in Tuesday afternoon. Everybody (16)here Saturday.:eek:

Makes me tired thinking about it all!

Kay

4 lbs for 2 weeks isnt bad - Im hoping I dont go over 3lbs for my 8 day trip. Topless people dont bother me at all but it is funny how its always the ones that should be covered :rolleyes: RCCL has a 30 dollar Pinel Island excursion. Its a 20 min ride on a bus/tour then you ferry over to the island. Then you can snorkel or lounge around. Its very quiet there. They dont even have running water. Theres a little place to get food and sit down to eat and the island is no more than a mile or 2 big. Its neat Ive been there twice - its from 8 am to 11 am then you still have the rest of the day to SHOP!!!!

I hear theres alot of jellyfish in Labadee :confused:

I made my goal. Losing 50 pounds before we cruise. We leave Saturday on the Navigator. Make sure you bring a mixture of white vinegar mixed with rubbing alcohol. You put it on the jellyfis bites and it takes the sting away. I made it up in a little bottle container and bring it on every cruise, just in case.

Archived