Has anyone recently taken a tour of Acapulco with Rosie Diaz,

jones391

We have used Rosie on two different cruises to Acapulco, one in November 2007 & in November 2008. We just returned from our third trip to Acapulco. We did not take a tour with Rosie this time, she had one booked already and we had really seen much of what Acapulco has to offer. I did meet with Rosie when we docked and she gave me a cell phone to call her when we would like to go to dinner, she had taken us to El Zorrito last year and we wanted to go back. She got tied up in traffic, but sent one of her co-workers to pick us up. She met us at the restaurant and we had a lovely dinner with Rosie and Alex. Although we did not use her this time, I would not hesitate to recommend her tour.

I think we went to the Casablanca hotel on our first tour with Rosie, is it the one that has been abandoned for awhile. It looked like they were doing some work, but that was a couple of years ago.

I am sure there is someone out there that can help you with the Casablanca info.

Back to Rosie, I know there have been some off the wall complaints about her, but my husband and I can't say enough about her. She has always been professional, drives newer vans with air conditioning and furnishes cold drinks for the clients.

I am sure that you will have a great time. We love Acapulco!

Has anyone recently taken a tour of Acapulco with Rosie Diaz,

Please give your experiences.

Is the Casablanca Hotel open to walk through and to see the views?

She is wonderful....Also met us at the airport.. We went to her home and visited with her family as well. I would highly recommend her.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope I am not too late to reply to this thread.

We have just arrived home after an extended South America cruise with Holland America and were lucky enough to choose Rosie Diaz as our guide in Accapulco on the 5th November.

We were six and she gave us a really comprehensive tour of the city.

Her knowledge of her city is incredible and she was accomodating and stopped for us to take to pictures and took us to the main attractions at times which did not coincide with the crowds and tour buses.

Her transport was comfortable and immaculate and she really was a pleasure to be with and made our visit one to remember.

All six of us agreed that it would be very difficult to find anyone better to show you Accapulco.

We used Rosie for a recent cruise for our anniversary. I had read about her on here and on Trip Advisor with a lot of positive feedback. I contacted her over a year before our trip because I wanted to be sure we could secure her.

Acapulco was the major reason for taking this cruise, and we were a group of 4. Rosie met us at the pier, and had a gift for myself and the other female in our group. She led us to her nice air conditioned van while my DH had a quick consult with her. I had given her a list of what we wanted to do and she had made reservations for the cliff divers for later that night. I told Rosie that we were putting ourselves in her hands as she was the expert, and she did a fabulous job. DH wanted to see the cliff diver place during the day and she took us there, suggesting that we might want to watch the divers then as we could watch them climb the cliffs.

Throughout our completely custom and personal tour, Rosie would make suggestions or keep us on track time wise so we could fit everything in. She made sure we were at the Flamingo for a sunset dinner. If our drinks weren't getting there fast enough, she made sure they got there. The best thing about our tour was that we hit all the usual spots, but we had the places to ourselves! It was wonderful. Rosie was informed, friendly, and accommodating in every way. She had cold water and beer available for a hot day, and was a pleasure to be around. If we ever go back, you can be sure we would only go with Rosie. DH doesn't think this review even comes close to describing how great she was!!:D:)

As Rosie told us, even though it looks desserted/abandoned/closed, it's still an open establishment, and it will have bookings beginning around the middle of December, at about $60/night.

Loved the view! Rosie and Nephtali stayed in the shade at the top of the stairs while we all wandered around taking photos of the harbour. I coaxed them out into the sun for a bit of video-taking.

I agree with Doug, no second thoughts, just book it.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

--May

We will be using her when we arrive on the Spirit sailing March 27, 2010. She is asking only $35pp for an all day tour 6 to 7 hours ending at the cliff divers at night. The price includes the price of admission at the cliff divers. If anyone wants to join us see our Roll-call.

Just curious.... We are arriving the day after you and I've been in communication with Rosie. How many people are in your party? She has quoted us $50pp and we have 4 people. She hasn't given me the length in hours, but has described the stops somewhat. Would appreciate and look forward to your response.

Just curious.... We are arriving the day after you and I've been in communication with Rosie. How many people are in your party? She has quoted us $50pp and we have 4 people. She hasn't given me the length in hours, but has described the stops somewhat. Would appreciate and look forward to your response.

We have 17+ from our roll-call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=895567&page=17

The roll-call is a good way to meet more people. We stared out with only my family and asked others to join and make recommendations on the tour. Rosie is just one person but has many associates that are as good as her and will caravan with us for as large of a group as we want. The more you have the lower the price.:cool:

There were about 36 people from my roll-call that took Rosie's tour. She had her van and 3 other associates' vans. The per person cost was $35. She did a great job and always was concerned about her customers in all of the vans. We were surprised at the amount of traffic in Acapulco.

That makes sense with the price we were quoted then. ;) I appreciate y'all getting back to me so quickly and look forward to our time in Acapulco. We were there in 2000 to take the Vision of the Seas through the Panama Canal and all I remember about it was the amount of traffic and old style VW Bugs! :D Back then we didn't get in the day before the cruise and were numb by the time we boarded the ship. :rolleyes: After missing a ship :eek: because of the wacky weather here in New England, we no longer take any chances and ALWAYS buy the trip insurance. It totally pays off in the long run. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone for offering such helpful information!!! These boards are such a resource!!!

Would someone please be able to tell me if Rosie's transportation vehicles are air conditioned? I'm sure that probably sounds foolish, but I've read some stories from others that were not and I know it can get pretty warm!

Thank you in advance.

We just returned from a Princess cruise through the Panama Canal and used Rosie to transport us from the airport to the cruise terminal. The driver and helper were waiting for us and loaded and unloaded all the luggage. The price is $70 for the van, regardless how many people they take. There were four in our party and I posted a message on the Princess board and found one more couple so the cost was less than $24/couple plus tip....very reasonable. The driver even gave us some interesting commentary on the way to the ship as we passed 'Hotel Row' and the ride took about 50 minutes.

We also had arrangements with Rosie to pick our group of 6 up at the airport on Jan. 7th and take us to the Crowne Plaza, tour of the City on the 8th and transportation from the hotel to the pier on the 9th. She was at the airport waiting for us. Her van was very clean and cool. She had refreshments on ice for us as soon as we got to the van. She drove us to our hotel and offered to pick us up that evening to take us to a restaurant for dinner. We elected to stay at the hotel since it had been a long day. She was running late, due to traffic, to pick us up for our tour on the 8th. She called the hotel to have them page me so she could let me know she would be there in about 10 minutes. She took us to Chapel of Peace and gave a history of the Chapel to our group as well as another group. There aren't many questions Rosie cannot answer. She had plenty of cold refreshments for our group the entire time. We visited the Princess Fairmont Hotel, Pink Flamingo, overlook of the bay, Chapel of Peace, Casablanca and the Cliff Divers. Rosie went way above and beyond to get us to the Cliff Divers. On the way it started to rain, and proceeded to rain even harder. We stayed at a Jewelry Store across from the Cliff Divers. Rosie made arrangements for us to view the Divers from inside the La Mirada. Instead of us getting drenched walking a ½ block, she took us in her van and dropped us off under an overhang. As soon as the divers were ready to begin, the rain and wind subsided. After the show Rosie brought us back to the hotel. On Saturday, John was already waiting for us by the time we got to the lobby. We asked if he would have time to make a stop for us and he gladly agreed. He dropped us off at the entrance to the cruise terminal. Both Rosie and John are very professional and I would highly recommend Rosie to anyone.

we too are making arrangements thru Rosie for airport to cruiseport transfer. She quoted us same $'s. She is personally not available and is setting us up with Charly. Anyone know of any reliability issues? We'll have six adults, alot of luggage and wheelchair. I have informed her of this and she stated no problem. Just inquiring with others who may have done this. Also, we have requested a stop at store and was wouldn't be a problem. Any past experiences out there?

We were in Alcapulco a week ago today aboard the Carnival Spirit. A group of 5 we had arrainged a day tour through Rosie. She had told us an associate of hers would be doiing our tour. Roberto met us right as we got out of the port gate. I coralled my group out the gate only to be stopped by a stunning looking lady who said she just wanted to say hello and welcome to her tours. Roberto asked us what we wanted to do and we just left it up to him. My son expressed a desire to find some futbol jerseys and otherwise just let it flow. He gave us a very good history of the city and took us up to the chapel of peace. What a stunning view. We then headed back to town and Roberto stopped at a sports store for my son. Off we went to the cliff divers where Roberto got our tickets and told us to go to the bottom. After the show we went to the Flamingo Hotel.About this time the heat and fractions of the group started to show. Roberto was very gracious and offered suggestions. I wanted to go back to the ship and just sit in the pool. My daughter and wife off to a mall and m y son to a big lunch. We couldn't decide. Somehow the flea market came into play and Roberto said he would drop us off and come back and get us. We got back to the ship close to 4pm. A great day! Very relaxing and full of fun facts and sites. Thank-You Rosie and Roberto for a fun day. As a last thought the van was very nice and Roberto had a cooler full of drinks for all. Thanks Again

I would recommend the operation but make sure you have either Rosie as the guide or one of her associates that has received positive reviews. As Rosie was already booked on the day of our visit, the substitute guide was competent but not exactly organised - we intersected with a Rosie tour at the cliff divers location and I got the feeling that she wasn't exactly happy with his organisational skills. She is a real fireball and I think he got parts of his anatomy gently roasted.

I can't speak for anyone else, but our tour with Rosie was fantastic. Not all her tours are for cruisers on "Port days". We had our tour with Rosie prior to our cruise. She IS very knowledgeable and fantastic to work with. I would never hesitate to recommend her.

I would recommend the operation but make sure you have either Rosie as the guide or one of her associates that has received positive reviews. As Rosie was already booked on the day of our visit, the substitute guide was competent but not exactly organised - we intersected with a Rosie tour at the cliff divers location and I got the feeling that she wasn't exactly happy with his organisational skills. She is a real fireball and I think he got parts of his anatomy gently roasted.

Ikelmay, do you remember the guide's name that you had? Rosie is already booked with a group on the day I am in acapulco so she said she could have an "associate" guide our tour. :confused:

You can't get any better than Rosie. We used her on Jan 6th off of the NCL Star. She was spot on. See other reviews for generalities. Specifically she helped my wife with a credit card issue at one of our stops. She was able to accommodate additional people that I pulled from the ship to join us. She gets you to the places first to avoid crowds. Is able to get good parking, good stores and good food on her tours. Shows you where to stand for the best pictures. About 1/2 price of NCL tours.

How did you contact Rosie to plan the tour in Acapulco?

Thanks,

Stevie

You can reach her and learn more at http://english.acapulcorosiestours.com

Our cruisecritic group had a full van for her tour and truly enjoyed it! She was very knowledgeable and entertaining, and attentive to all our needs with drinks, snacks, fans and cold towels. She managed to flirt her way into the Peace Chapel before it was open the the public, so we had it to ourselves. Van's AC worked great and she was an excellent driver.

Hi,

First, thank you to everyone for such great information! These boards are so great!!!

Would anyone be able to tell me what requirements there are as to having a 17 month traveling with you for a tour with Rosie? Are we supposed to provide our own car seat?

And, how far in advance did everyone book with Rosie? We are cruising over Halloween week.

Thank you!

Archived