Major flight delays today!

nseagirl

It sure is worth to just come in the day before and have nothing but your vacation on your mind.

Yet, most people do not think of this. Some figure if they have insurane they are covered.

WRONG!

If you miss the ship, you miss the ship. You may also miss the next day if at sea. And maybe more if flights are not available. Not worth it.

I agree, I would never fly in the day of the cruise. That would stress me out for the entire trip. I much prefer getting to port area at least one day, usually a couple, days ahead. We're going to Honolulu in April four days before cruise to have time to destress and get used to the time change.

I'm really glad that I'm not flying into a port today! All of those that waited until today to fly in for a cruise that departs this afternoon are unhappy campers!:(:( OUCH!

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/200152.html

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS leave for a cruise at least one day before departure. One year we arrived at the Miami port, (traveling from NYC) a bit after 3 pm and the ship was scheduled to leave at 4 pm. We left NYC at 8 am and figured we had lots of time. Wrong! Will never do that again.:eek:

in 2008 we sailed out of Tampa on Carnival, they made the flight arrangements..and we flew in the day of the cruise. Luckily everything went without a hitch..but from NYS to Fla it was a LONG day..We were exhausted by the time we got on the ship. Next year we are going on the Pearl to Alaska,,and we're flying in the day before..Will be tired with the #of hours itself on the flight..want to arrive wide awake for our cruise.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS leave for a cruise at least one day before departure. One year we arrived at the Miami port, (traveling from NYC) a bit after 3 pm and the ship was scheduled to leave at 4 pm. We left NYC at 8 am and figured we had lots of time. Wrong! Will never do that again.:eek:

in 2008 we sailed out of Tampa on Carnival, they made the flight arrangements..and we flew in the day of the cruise. Luckily everything went without a hitch..but from NYS to Fla it was a LONG day..We were exhausted by the time we got on the ship. Next year we are going on the Pearl to Alaska,,and we're flying in the day before..Will be tired with the #of hours itself on the flight..want to arrive wide awake for our cruise.

Archived