Cellar Masters question

Lilac

Can someone please describe the Cellar Masters?

I understand that you can chose wine from a wine machine, using a card.

Is there a specific card or your usual Celebrity card?

What is the price they charge, how many pours?

Thanks

You can order off of the wine list in Cellar Masters (you also can order hors d'oeuvres there) or you can purchase a reloadable Cellar Masters card for use with the Enomatic wine dispensing systems. The Cellar Masters card is separate and distinct from your SeaPass card; it is essentially like a debit card. You tell the Cellar Masters' staff how much money you would like to load on the card, and then you can go to the Enomatic wine system, insert your Cellar Masters card, and select the wine you would like to try. There are three options for each wine -- a taste (one-ounce pour), a half glass, or a full glass. Each wine and each option (taste, half glass, full glass) has separate pricing that is displayed. When you make your selection, the Enomatic machine deducts the amount from your Cellar Masters card. You can always reload more money on the card if you wish.

If you aren't familiar with Enomatic, visit this link:

http://www.enomatic.it/website/default.asp?catIDPadre=41

I've seen a lot of these types of machines in wine shops through out Italy.

The nice thing about the machines on Solstice/Equinox is you can taste a different variety of wines -- white & red -- without having to buy a glass or the whole bottle. You can taste a $200 bottle of wine without having to purchase the bottle.

Master Cellars is a nice place to sit and have a glass of wine and read a good book. The only time I found the place to be busy is when they had tastings where they set up various stations of wines from different parts of the world. This was nice, and different from the traditional wine tastings that they held in the MDR which are more like a wine tasting/learning seminars.

This was one of my favorite bars...

You have to put a minimum of $30 on your card to open it. There are different prices for each of the 16 wines. There are 8 whites in one machine and 8 reds in another. There are 3 different sizes of "pours"... from a taste to a full glass. There are many glasses for you to use... sampling and then taking new glass. There is also an assortment of cheeses and breadsticks at happy hour. It was a great place to meet.

I think the "pours" ranged anywhere for about $4 on up...

IMG_1602.jpg

Wow I've never seen this wine machine is it on the Infinity also?

No, just the Solstice class so far.

There is a great ENTIRE wine bar like this in New York City and it was a blast. I love being able to sample things without trying an entire glass.

That's good to know.

We have been on Solstice twice but never gravitated to Cellar Masters--it is a rather dark area that for some reason did not seem as welcoming as other spots on the ship.. For wine fans I guess that might be different...

This sounds like a spot we will have to visit, we enjoy wine and like that we can just have a taste then go for the full pour if we like it. Hate being stuck with a wine I don't like but drink it anyway because I don't want to waste it.

DH will enjoy the snacks too..

Thanks for the info!

Bev

• 1 month later...

My husband read something the other day about how they are adding this feature to the M-class ships, starting with the Connie this spring!!!!

For those of you who don't know, M-class ships are Constellation, Millineum, Summit and Infinity.

So that is good news!!!!

• 2 months later...

Are the wines served in Cellar Masters generally those you'll find on the various wine lists in the restaurants on board? If they're not, and you find a few that you like, is it possible to purchase a full bottle in Cellar Masters but consume it in any of the restaurants?

This is a great way to "try before you buy". I was told the wine you buy can be taken to restaurants.

I bet these are not on the low end of the price list otherwise it would not be worth having them in there.

If there are seven or eight of red and white that is a pretty small list. So I am guessing higher on the scale.

But then again...it's vacation!;)

Archived