Carnival Dream Pasta Bar

carncovecruiser

It is in the same location as Fish N Chips on the Conquest Class.

I do like it better than the Rotisserie on Carnival Splendor but think Fish N Chips is my favorite. The pasta is really good at the pasta bar, however.

I didn't notice the cheese getting soggy. I don't think it sits there that long before being consumed and replenished.

Even the humongous thing of it at the Pasta Bar never seemed soggy, although sometimes after the pasta bar closed they did move it down to the pizzeria where it could continue to be consumed.

Thanks! I'm a little new to this posting thing so I have never actually started a new thread with a question. I am trying to weigh my food options now before I board the Dream in a little over 2 weeks to decide what to go eat first! So far everything you posted has looked good.

My main concern was I though pasta for lunch might be to heavy and require a nap after. I got over that concern once I realized I as probably going to nap no matter what I ate. ;)

I really liked it and the short wait was well worthwhile. That is perhaps the saving grace to prevent a line a mile long. For some reason, many cruisers require fast food and refuse to wait for something to be custom prepared for them.

The wait was really only a few minutes. I suppose it could be longer if you try to go when everyone else does. Once everyone knows about it, it may become quite popular. At least I can say I remember when... :D

Thanks for the pics! :)

Kind of reminds me of the pasta area they had at the dinner buffet on the Glory and Liberty a few years ago (they would have a few options and also whatever pasta-of-the-day was in the dining room). I wonder if there's any plans to roll these out to some of the other ships? It would be a nice option for those who don't like to dine in the MDR.

OK call me stupid, but can someone please explain to me what the different sauces are like. Around here the only pasta we usually eat is spagetti and macaroni and cheese. However I we usually like to try different things when we are cruising.

Pomodoro is a basic tomato sauce, sort of like marinara but thicker

Red Clam Sauce is a tomato sauce with clams

Bolognese is a meat sauce and not a lot of tomatoes (if any)

Alfredo is a butter cream sauce

All have garlic and some other goodness in them.

I didn't try the first two and there is a picture of the last two in the series.

• 8 months later...

The pasta bar became more popular on my cruise as the week wore on. At the beginning of the week only a few customers and very little wait but by the end of the week they closed early because they were 41 orders behind at 1:45.

Archived