Diamond Lounge on Freedom w/Platinum BF

Hi Sorry, Search is down..Quick question. I am Diamond, my BF is Platinum, can we both go to the Diamond Lounge in the evening? We are in a regular cabin, not a suite..Thanks, Maureen

You should have no problem bringing your friend and cabinmate into the DL..just show your seapass if at all....I have never seen them ask for the seapass for both people when they walk in.

I was on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago....I'm Diamond, cabinmate was Platnium.

Amit, the concierge in the Diamond lounge, did come around and "check" your card and your name from his list. My cabinmate wasn't with me that evening. The diamond lounge was packed....every seat was taken, people were even sitting on the arms of the chairs and couches. I asked Amit if my cabinmate could join me after the crowd thinned out at 6 PM when first seating went to dinner and explained that we just wanted to sit and chat and I would have a glass of wine (cabinmate doesn't drink). He said that once the crowd thinned that it would be OK.

It is really at the discretion of the person running the lounge as RCCL seems a bith wishy washy on what they will allow. I can see both paths of reasoning ... one one hand, it doesn't make sense to separate cabin mates, but on the other hand, the lounge can get overcrowded with just diamond passengers even without their guests making the experience perhaps a little poorer for everyone. I guess the only solution is for every bar to offer free drinks from 5-8:30. ;)

I was on the Freedom a couple of weeks ago....I'm Diamond, cabinmate was Platnium.

Amit, the concierge in the Diamond lounge, did come around and "check" your card and your name from his list. My cabinmate wasn't with me that evening. The diamond lounge was packed....every seat was taken, people were even sitting on the arms of the chairs and couches. I asked Amit if my cabinmate could join me after the crowd thinned out at 6 PM when first seating went to dinner and explained that we just wanted to sit and chat and I would have a glass of wine (cabinmate doesn't drink). He said that once the crowd thinned that it would be OK.

What is your choice for drinks? Can you get a Pina Colada or Frozen Daquari in the lounge?

Wow, the two women on the Liberty never asked anyone for their seapass. We just opened the door, walked in and sat down.

jandiart, I would imagine the Freedom is the same as the Liberty...the only drinks available were mixed drinks, beer and wine. Nothing frozen.

What is your choice for drinks? Can you get a Pina Colada or Frozen Daquari in the lounge?

No frozen drinks.... but try a Lemon Drop.... had this in DL designated area on ROS May '09 it was great !!

I called on two or three occasions and asked the C&A desk at RCCL if a non-Diamond member SHARING A CABIN with a Diamond member could accompany them into the Diamond Lounge. I was told absolutely yes they can. On my 9/15/08 cruise with my friend we also had no problem with the Concierge Lounge (when Diamond members were still allowed to use the CL).

I've asked again since then, because we have a Diamond with a Gold sharing a cabin, and I got the same "yes" answer.

Be sure to tell them your Platinum member is in the same cabin with you.

You should have no problem bringing your friend and cabinmate into the DL..just show your seapass if at all....I have never seen them ask for the seapass for both people when they walk in.

I have....tried to go in with DH once and they made me dig my card out.

Wow, the two women on the Liberty never asked anyone for their seapass. We just opened the door, walked in and sat down.

jandiart, I would imagine the Freedom is the same as the Liberty...the only drinks available were mixed drinks, beer and wine. Nothing frozen.

You're awfully proud to have gotten away with it...........I don't think that was right..and the ones who gave you the cards ...I think less of!

You just "opened the door"? What did you use to open the door? Only a Diamond Lounge card opens the door, and I believe that you have stated that you are Platinum and your roommate had never cruised.

What card opened the door?

When we go to the platinum party which sounds about the same as the diamond one, they sent invitation to room the day before and we just handed the invitation card at the door, the only problem was we had not planned on going to anything formal on the Adventure and only had smart casual attire, they said that it would be fine, we felt a little out of place while in line, but once inside everyone was great and even another couple in the same situation were hanging by the door waiting for us to make a move, they followed with their invitation in hand and everyone had a great time, the staff is there to make your trip a pleasant experience and cabin mates is something I don't think they would separate.

Consider the man who is "Diamond" and whose new wife is only "Gold". RCI is not about to prevent her from entering with him :o. It's really no different whether you are married or not, you are cabinmates and should be entitled to the same benefits. You should have no problem.

Archived