Booking a Garden Villa on the PEARL

Hi,

My family is planning a special cruise to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary. :) I have 2 questions::confused:

1- How many people can be booked in a Garden Villa on the Pearl?

2- Which villa is better.....14000 or 14500?

Congrats on the upcoming special celebration!

Quickly...

1) The Pearl's Garden Villas state a maximum occupancy of 6 people.

2) Interesting question....and almost impossible to answer. My initial reaction is "better as far a what?" or "better in whose opinion?". For someone to give you a useful answer, they would have had to have stayed in both Garden Villas, travelled the same itinerary as you are planning (sometimes the view is important), and would have to have the same likes and dislikes as you have. It would be a shame for you if someone gave you their honest answer and then you found out afterward that you aren't happy with the choice simply because you each have differing likes/dislikes.

Personally, I don't think you would be disappointed with either choice.

14500 has a larger bar that is open to the living room. 14000 has a kitchen (LOTS Of stainless steel!). I had 14500 on the Star and toured 14000 due to nice guests "next door". I think that I would stay with 14500 as I do NOT wish to have kitchen facilities as I do NOT intend on cooking while on a cruise! Also, 14500 had a small guest bathroom outside of the actual suite and 14000 did not. We did not use this at all but if you have a large group or are planning a party/gathering it would come in handy. Also, the people coming on the ship the day we left were booking BOTH rooms as they can be opened up.....just something to keep in mind!

There are tons of people on these boards that will send you their photos. I had too great a time to bother taking too many pics on our last trip in the Garden Villa! The only other difference I recall is the "backyard" area for 14500 did not have a stream but instead just a sort of "pond" next to the jacuzzi..........Rough choice! But again, after seeing both, I would go with 14500.

You can have a max of 8, but 2 people would be put in rollaways in the bedrooms. We did this with our boys and their friends. If it was a couple with children it wouldn't be too bad but I can't imagine 2 couples enjoying it.

On the Star and Dawn you do have the kitchen area in 14000, but on the Pearl both are basically the same with no kitchen. I guess it depends more on color, 14000 has mostly blue and 14500 orange. Either is wonderful!

Hi,

My family is planning a special cruise to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary. :) I have 2 questions::confused:

Not sure about the garden villas but I could tell you all you need to know about an inside cabin. :p :D :D

Hi,

I remember reading many threads (throught the years) about some cabins being better than others. I tried to go back through the threads, but could not find the info.

I know that there are 2 Garden Villas on the Pearl.

I know that there are differences.

I just don't know what the differences are.

I remember one person saying that she got a call from the upsell fairy and took the offer. The person also said "And of course, I asked for cabin ######". I don't remember the cabin number.....I don't remember why is was better. Can you help? Thanks!!

Why would a cabin have a kitchen? I would not have thought that any cooking would be allowed outside of the main kitchens, where there are halon and alarm systems.

What am I missing? Can the ship provide a chef to cook something in your room?

I don't believe there is any difference between the Garden Villas on the Pearl' date=' Jewel, Jade, and Gem.[/quote']

Just in case though, if someone would like to start a collection fund to send me to both GV's on all 4 ships....I think I could force myself to write a 'compare & contrast' review of all 8 garden villas in question ;)

I know it would be a sacrifice on my part, but just for the good of those on the NCL board, I'm willing to make it-that's just the kind of guy I am :D

Just in case though, if someone would like to start a collection fund to send me to both GV's on all 4 ships....I think I could force myself to write a 'compare & contrast' review of all 8 garden villas in question ;)

I know it would be a sacrifice on my part, but just for the good of those on the NCL board, I'm willing to make it-that's just the kind of guy I am :D

Great idea...

But wouldn't you have to sail three times on each GV?

I mean if you don't spend a whole cruise in each of the three bedrooms, how can your review be objective? ;)

Great idea...

I mean if you don't spend a whole cruise in each of the three bedrooms, how can your review be objective? ;)

Good point! Wow-that would make it even more of a sacrifice-but OK, I'll do it ;)

I'm retired, so I have the time

Hi,

Both GV's hold 6 people and the are a mirror image of each other.

Enjoy

Why would a cabin have a kitchen? I would not have thought that any cooking would be allowed outside of the main kitchens, where there are halon and alarm systems.

What am I missing? Can the ship provide a chef to cook something in your room?

It is the Butler's Pantry on the Star. Microwave, Refrigerator, Sink, Coffee (Espresso) Maker, etc. Meals actually are prepared in the main kitchens.

Great idea...

...for a grand total of 24 different sailings. You can do it.

PE

** Rob Schneider picture goes here that would not upload**

Hi,

I guess some questions for you.

How many people in your group?

Have you priced out these cabins?

We have visited a number of the Garden Villas - I think they are all equally wonderful. Slight variances, but not enough to pick one over the other.

Not knowing the make up of the party, but if 4 couples, then the GV could be problem... three bedrooms. Or the GV plus an A4 - it does not have the extra bedroom. That would be 3 in the GV, plus one in the A4.

Two A3 or 2 AB suites would work well. But of course 2 couples then have to take the mini bedroom. Depends on cost structure, sharing, etc.

Can someone tell me the cost of 3rd and 4th passenger in the GV?

That depends on the ship, and the sailing.

Best bet is to look at NCL's booking engine. Select 4 passengers and select the A1 cabin category. It will give you the prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed in several of the Villa's and the answer to your question in my opinion is as follows: If the children can stay on roll aways with their parents then do the Villa you will love it. If both children belong to one couple then you have an issue because it would be tight for four people to fit in one bedroom. I would do every creative thing possible to do the Villa vs 2 suites. The central areas of the Villa are fantastic for the family to gather both inside and outside and you will be thrilled. I am going on my 40th anniversary on the Pearl on Jan 30 and we have 14500 booked with two other couples that are great friends. Happy 50th and get the Villa!

Holy cow!! I think I would put kids in sleeping bags that can be rolled and unrolled every night to be in that villa! I wouldn't even hassle with rollaways that take up so much space.

I would make it work. That's a once in a lifetime suite!

Archived