Port Hole Rooms

agmakar

DH & I had R23 twice on the Inspiration. We love the location near the front because the motion rocks us to sleep. the anchor noise didn't bother us that much. Nice having natural light to wake up to. I always like to sit in the cubby to look outside at the waves. Plus, you can't beat the price.:)

• 1 month later...

We are booked in cabin 1208 on Carnival Dream. Does anyone have pictures or info about this porthole cabin? Noise from the anchor will probably be an issue, but we are early risers anyway.

:D

If you have rough seas you will feel some movement and hear the water whack the side of the ship as well as see sea foam on the windows, we kind of embrace these days but it makes some people uncomfortable. When entering/leaving ports the room vibrate a little from the isopads, but who sleeps entering/leaving ports? Actually they are nice rooms and as my wife says to me as I'm booking, "you can book me anywhere, just get me on the ship".

We are booked in cabin 1208 on Carnival Dream. Does anyone have pictures or info about this porthole cabin? Noise from the anchor will probably be an issue, but we are early risers anyway.

:D

We're going to be neighbours! I have room 1206 on the same sailing of the dream!

We had R17, R21 and R23 on Inspiration in March. These were great cabins and we got them dirt cheap. R17 was considerably larger than 21 and 23 but all three were larger than an inside. I honestly think you could fit another two beds in 17. Our teenaged girls loved sitting up in the "window seat" reading. I'd book any of the three again in a heartbeat but if 17 were available I'd choose it for the extra room.

We had R17, R21 and R23 on Inspiration in March. These were great cabins and we got them dirt cheap. R17 was considerably larger than 21 and 23 but all three were larger than an inside. I honestly think you could fit another two beds in 17. Our teenaged girls loved sitting up in the "window seat" reading. I'd book any of the three again in a heartbeat but if 17 were available I'd choose it for the extra room.

Id go for Empress deck, on a Fantasy class ship, because its so convenient for the atrium (and just run up one deck to the theater at night). Same price.

I think we had R23?? have to look on the deck plans, and E9 so far.

• 4 weeks later...
Id go for Empress deck, on a Fantasy class ship, because its so convenient for the atrium (and just run up one deck to the theater at night). Same price.

I think we had R23?? have to look on the deck plans, and E9 so far.

Is there any noise from the stage in the Empress level PT rooms?

Is there any noise from the stage in the Empress level PT rooms?

I think one night we MIGHT have heard something ...but otherwise nope ..just the sound when we docked and all that noise. Nothing from the theater. They might have practised one night we heard, not sure, it was very faint and we were right below the orchestra in E9

I think one night we MIGHT have heard something ...but otherwise nope ..just the sound when we docked and all that noise. Nothing from the theater. They might have practised one night we heard, not sure, it was very faint and we were right below the orchestra in E9

Thanks for such a fast response! I think I'm going to book E8 for an Oct cruise on the Ecstasy!! :D

The one time I booked a porthole cabin I really liked the portholes and the layout of the cabin. The potential downside is that you are in the front of the ship on either Deck 1 or 2, if the waves begin to slap against the hull, the noise can be really annoying. If you are a light sleeper that could affect how much sleep you get under certain circumstances.

p.s. I was on the Main Deck and didn't hear anything from the theater above.

Thanks for such a fast response! I think I'm going to book E8 for an Oct cruise on the Ecstasy!! :D

Well, dont be too surprised if you are woken up early in the morning, but we love being on empress where the purser's desk and the piano player etc is and just up the stairs to the show.

The one time I booked a porthole cabin I really liked the portholes and the layout of the cabin. The potential downside is that you are in the front of the ship on either Deck 1 or 2, if the waves begin to slap against the hull, the noise can be really annoying. If you are a light sleeper that could affect how much sleep you get under certain circumstances.

p.s. I was on the Main Deck and didn't hear anything from the theater above.

On Fantasy class you can book 4 decks, riveria, main, Upper or Empress. Empress looks under the stage is why I asked before I took the cabin too.

Well, dont be too surprised if you are woken up early in the morning, but we love being on empress where the purser's desk and the piano player etc is and just up the stairs to the show.

Why might we be woken up early in the morning?

Why might we be woken up early in the morning?

The noise when the ship is docking. sounded like stablizers...both ports and then the ship had to do circles the last morning and woke me up before 5 am, we couldnt get into the ship channel and had to circle, so the stablizers kicked in ...there must be some up front.

Waves I can get used to but not that noise from the stablizers going in and out, starts and stops, starts and stops.

On the port side I hear the anchor can be loud too.

Hopefully, ship noises wouldnt bother you, you can tune them out and roll over and go back to sleep. turn on the tv to drown out the noise? lol

The noise when the ship is docking. sounded like stablizers...both ports and then the ship had to do circles the last morning and woke me up before 5 am, we couldnt get into the ship channel and had to circle, so the stablizers kicked in ...there must be some up front.

Waves I can get used to but not that noise from the stablizers going in and out, starts and stops, starts and stops.

On the port side I hear the anchor can be loud too.

Hopefully, ship noises wouldnt bother you, you can tune them out and roll over and go back to sleep. turn on the tv to drown out the noise? lol

We have always previously had aft rooms. Hopefully this won't be too much of a problem, especially since we'll be on the Empress level. We'll make sure to take a fan to help with the noise.

Okay guys, I like to experience things within reason, and the Porthole rooms kinda sparked my couriosity. I like O/V rooms and I have booked a balcony already for July.

I am looking the News years cruise for Next Year I have the the Fantasy targeted with some friends. The Price for a Porthole room is the same price as an interior room, but hear that I would not be happy because the window are too small, noise, yada,yada,yada..

So does anyone have anything to impart about Porthole rooms?

We had two of these "Beer Goggle Cabins" side by side. The cabins that appear larger in the floor plan, actually are. The bigger the Triangle between the edge of the stateroom and the wall of this ship (as depicted on the floor plans) the longer the goggles will be. The size of the port holes is not the issue, is that each port hole is at the end of a two foot tube, the start of which is recessed over two feet in an opening about the same as a regular OV window. We thought they were a great value. Not a lot of foot traffic up there. There is noise during manuevers, and it did start a bit early for our taste.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=53980

We're going to be neighbours! I have room 1206 on the same sailing of the dream!

We will be in that cabin four weeks before you. I'll let you know how it was.

I was concerned about our PT cabin when I booked it, but after reading this thread I feel great about it!

I heard they were thinking of offering stern facing port hole cabins. But market research showed no one wanted to book an aft-hole. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I think some light and view is better than no light or view. So, if choosing between an inside and a porthole, I'd take the porthole every time.

i heard they were thinking of offering stern facing port hole cabins. But market research showed no one wanted to book an aft-hole. :rolleyes:

But seriously, i think some light and view is better than no light or view. So, if choosing between an inside and a porthole, i'd take the porthole every time.

Good one!:D

Archived