Port Hole Rooms

agmakar

I heard they were thinking of offering stern facing port hole cabins. But market research showed no one wanted to book an aft-hole. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I think some light and view is better than no light or view. So, if choosing between an inside and a porthole, I'd take the porthole every time.

ROTFLMA(ft)O! :)

• 1 year later...
DH & I had R23 twice on the Inspiration. We love the location near the front because the motion rocks us to sleep. the anchor noise didn't bother us that much. Nice having natural light to wake up to. I always like to sit in the cubby to look outside at the waves. Plus, you can't beat the price.:)

Im booked R23 on Fascination a little worried about being so low and forward never stayed on Riviera Deck on any of the previous 14 cruises

We took my mother-in-law(84) on her first (and last cruise, as 5 days was enough of being the good daughter-in-law) and she was afraid to have a porthole room or even ocean view-she was afraid the windows would be under the waterline!! :)

We have porthole rooms on our next 3 cruises-only problem(my fault, I did not read everything, so please do not tell me it is my fault, I already know-duh!:eek:) was our porthole room on the Splendor can hold up to 4 and we are only 2 plus we booked across from our best friends and they are in the same situation, so people on CC told us we could be moved. Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, did you get an inside cabin or upgraded to oceanview?

Im booked R23 on Fascination a little worried about being so low and forward never stayed on Riviera Deck on any of the previous 14 cruises

We have the same Fascination cabin and are also a bit worried. Actually this is the kids cabin. We are next door in R29.

I think these cabins will be OK as they are not that far forward. On higher decks this cabin would be an OV .

At least that's what I'm telling myself.:o

I was on deck one of Freedom with a porthole cabin (actually a 1A with portholes) far forward- no problem even though we had some fairly rolling seas.

These cabins really are a Carnival secret - I have one booked on Ecstasy - they're priced so that even a solo can afford them, they have natural light, and oh yeah, they've got the big bed (unlike the Freedom cabin, which only had a single bed because it was a 1A).

Enjoy!

Tho I won't be in my 1st PT cabin until my cruise in Nov., I don't have any concerns about it being so low (Riviera Deck), and so forward-I was down in the steerage, rowing with the slaves:eek:;) on my last cruise on the Miracle-it was an inside/very forward on the Riviera Deck, and no problems at all-and I am one prone to getting sea sick-I think you guys will be fine-enjoy your cruise!:cool: Steve

Tho I won't be in my 1st PT cabin until my cruise in Nov., I don't have any concerns about it being so low (Riviera Deck), and so forward-I was down in the steerage, rowing with the slaves:eek:;) on my last cruise on the Miracle-it was an inside/very forward on the Riviera Deck, and no problems at all-and I am one prone to getting sea sick-I think you guys will be fine-enjoy your cruise!:cool: Steve

Yeah, we have had portholes on our last 3 cruises and we had no problems, and would do it again in a heartbeat (tho this upcoming cruise we are splurging) but hubby always joked ~the part of your post :D and said we dont get lifejackets we get oars LOL

Yeah, we have had portholes on our last 3 cruises and we had no problems, and would do it again in a heartbeat (tho this upcoming cruise we are splurging) but hubby always joked ~the part of your post :D and said we dont get lifejackets we get oars LOL

The oars are your "lifejackets"!:D

We have the same Fascination cabin and are also a bit worried. Actually this is the kids cabin. We are next door in R29.

I think these cabins will be OK as they are not that far forward. On higher decks this cabin would be an OV .

At least that's what I'm telling myself.:o

wow how weird i'm in the same situation I've got R23 and R29 LOL i'm taking my sisters :eek: ill make sure to write a review when we get back... :D

wow how weird i'm in the same situation I've got R23 and R29 LOL i'm taking my sisters :eek: ill make sure to write a review when we get back... :D

Great! Make sure to leave any unfinished alcohol hidden in the cabins for when we get there.;)

Archived