Port Hole Rooms

agmakar

We are a little worried about our Porthole Cabin being near the front of the ship.

It will be a long walk to the Lido!;)

All of our Cabins have been near the center of the ship on our other 4 Cruises.

I guess we'll see.:rolleyes:

I have two PT cabins booked for my cruise in May on the Paradise. I choose the ones that were the closest to the regular OV rooms to avoid that "tube" view. I think that for the price of an inside cabin, it will be nice to have some light. We will be on the Riviera deck and from past experience, it seems like the upper decks rock more so I think that even if the weather is rough, we might not feel the motion quite as much. :)

We booked a Cruise on the Dream for April 2, 2011.:D

We wanted an OV, but our PVP talked us into a Porthole Cabin.

She said we will be saving $300.00.

I said O.K. If we don't like it, we won't book one again.

As long as there is light!:p

Our daughter and a friend will be across from us in an inside.

From what I read, the Porthole cabins are as large as an Inside???

Everybody seems to think they're larger. I hope it's not too small.:cool:

As I recall the porthole cabins are as large as an oceanview (220-225 sf), whereas the inside cabins are 185 sf. I think you can see that the light purple porthole cabins are larger than the green inside cabins from this deckplan. Or is it just an illusion.

FARIVIERA2.GIF

I have two PT cabins booked for my cruise in May on the Paradise. I choose the ones that were the closest to the regular OV rooms to avoid that "tube" view. I think that for the price of an inside cabin, it will be nice to have some light. We will be on the Riviera deck and from past experience, it seems like the upper decks rock more so I think that even if the weather is rough, we might not feel the motion quite as much. :)

That also means a shorter walk down the hallway between your cabin and the elevators/stairs. :)

You can see in this picture how the porthole cabins line up with OV cabins on the deck above, so you are not any more forward in some PT cabins than in some OV cabins.

2598845700101116058S600x600Q85.jpg

(Empress Deck is the deck above the red line; Upper is the first deck below the red line, then Main and then Riveria.)

For our upcoming Whale Tail Group Cruise in July my roomie and I are booked on Fascination in room M21. Another group member had one of these rooms back in Oct and she LOVED it. Im clausterphobic like some of your spouces,but for the price, we couldnt pass it up! Im very much looking forward to it!!!

TnMama, I like your avitar.

I have to say that our first cabin was a port hole room and it was a good size and we really didn't mind the "window seat".

The only thing that I didn't like was we could hear the bow thrusters :mad: and mooring lines early in the morning. You sure couldn't sleep late in the morning (not good after too many Fun Ships). This is the reason that I'll never do a port hole cabin again.

What is the pax capacity of a PT cabin?

I tried checking on cruisedeckplans. com and

from what I see it looks like it is only 2.

Do any of them hold more?:confused:

We had a porthole cabin on the Fantasy with three people in it. The third person had a roll away bed though. We loved it.

We were upgraded to a porthole cabin from an inside cabin on our 1st cruise in August 2008. We had R23 on the Inspiration. We loved having natural daylight in our room everyday and also loved having a window seat. I would climb up in the window while DH was still asleep and watch the water. We loved this cabin so much we booked a cruise on the Inspiration for September 2009 and even booked the exact same cabin: R23. We called it our second home. The room did seem bigger than the inside cabins on the ship. Can't beat the price either. I'll take a porthole over an inside anytime.

• 1 month later...

Cabin M5 on the Fascination....anyone been in this porthole stateroom?

We just booked this one. It will be the first time staying forward...we usually stay mid ship. DH and I never have had any problems with getting seasick...and not really worried about being under the pool.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in this cabin and what you thought of it.

Thanks!

pics323.jpg

pics324.jpg

This room was huge. We had the beds pushed together and easily had enough floor space in the front for another set of beds! You can see how much light came through as the first pick was taken about 3pm in Miami. I believe that M15 would be the room directly next to this.

• 2 months later...

We just booked cabin M30 for an upcoming cruise on the Fascination. This cruise is only 4 nights and we are on it to celebrate my folks' 60th wedding anniversary. DH said we could only afford an inside for ourselves this cruise, but then while searching for a cabin discovered we could get M30 (closest cabin to the regular OV's with picture windows) for the same price as an inside. Now that I found this thread and have seen actual shots inside these cabins I am PUMPED and looking forward to October and our journey on the Fascination!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Still nobody who has been in M5 on the Fascination?????

Anita - We have M5 and M7 on Fascination booked for October. Would love to see your pics of M5 before we go and hear about your trip. Be sure to post for us! Thanks in advance!!

Kelly

I was in room M10 on the Fascination in December.

I think I am the only one that DID NOT care for these port hole rooms. The boat was rough and the noise of the bow slapping the water, was enough to make me sea sick for one whole night. I was actually able to look OUT of the window at one point and see the sea spray reaching and blow PAST the window. Yeah, no thanks ..lol.

If anyone wants to see pictures though, I've got quite a few:

Archived