Passengers Forced off Caribbean Princess?

berry22192

...but Australian based ships (Dawn and Sun) bill your portfolio in AUD not USD, so it's not a Princess based policy fleet wide. There are exceptions, and would you give your TA a password to access your Cruise Personalizer?

Ciao for now!!!

We had an idiot TA several years ago that sent out letters to several people that was booked through them on the same cruise "emergency notification" faxes. This TA sent the original fax to each cruiser. At the bottom of the list was each cruisers name and booking number. I called and complained to them and told them with this info any of us or the others could get into any of the booking listed on the personalizer. I told them they should black out the info of the others before sending it. Well a couple weeks later the same thing happened. I will not book with that ageny again and have not.

Point is "The TA already has access to your Cruise Personalizer.

For Pg., I have never had any issues with Princess charging my credit card in US $. I specifically request this and that is what they do. I let my Canadian bank convert the US$ charges to CDN$. The boarding pass allows you to select whether or not you want Princess to convert to CDN or leave in US. You need to check with the front desk prior to the last day to ensure they have it correct on your account. Once they close out your account, it is too late to change.

I'm glad someone is bringing up this concern. I also have been forced off the ship on our last 20 or so cruises. We were having such a great time, and then we were told that we had to leave. I'm going to write my congressman as soon as I can research who I voted for and get this whole thing investigated!

I've just read a member's Princess Cruise Review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=60045

by a passenger on a 14-day CB cruise out of San Juan. Their voyage could also have been booked as separate seven-day voyages.

The reviewer said, if I understood correctly, that they were forced off the ship with their bags at the completion of the first seven days itinerary before they were allowed to reboard for the remaining 7 days of their cruise.

Please tell me that this must have been one huge mistake and is not the expected practise for those booking 14-day cruises out of San Juan (as we will be next month).

If a forced disembarkation with bags is required in mid cruise, Princess should make this important point abundantly clear in pre-booking information.

I agree about the composition of the review - my head still hurts. Obviously this event could be handled better.

It is SOP for the ship to be cleared after the first voyage and they should have been aware of this before and during the segment. Maybe they should have done a little more homework on CC before the cruise and this wouldn't have been a problem.

I have not read much in "cruise world" that would ever put a cruiser in the class of a traveler. How much of a place, people, and culture can one experience with a few hours in port. How far can you go off the beaten path with with the intent to get you back in time for the lunch buffet or before ship sails.
A week at a resort is hardly "traveling" either. ;)

The fact is, you can get off the beaten path even from a cruise ship if you do a little homework. If you read the ports of call threads, you will see far more diversity and experience than your narrow view allows. Some cruises (even on Princess!) will take you to places that are not easy to visit. We have done things on cruises that would be difficult, if not impossible to do any other way.

I think that your advice for people to broaden their perspective is spot on, and perhaps it's time you followed it yourself.

Those people must of had two bookings to get on one week then having to re-register again for the second leg. Must of gotten one of those Ebay license (be your own TA).

How could you not know it is a 2 cruise in one when doing a 14 day/ Come-on now?

I know that US Marshalls in Hawaii had everyone get off the ship from Princess coming in from New Zealand on its way to California last year. i think that would make more sense if you are ask to reboard/re-register.

Second,, I realize my bill on board will be in American dollars. My beef is that the cruise ship then CONVERTS it into Canadian dollars, at a much worse rate then if they had just charged it in American dollars and let MY bank charge me the equal converted amount at their rate of exchange.

The ship only converts it to CAD if you did not tick the "Leave in USD box" on your boarding pass. If you read the boarding pass you wouldn't have this beef ever again.

The person who posted the review also started a thread about their being forced off the ship. I very seriously doubt this ever happened. They were most likely required to disembark the ship, which is normal and required by Homeland Security if the ship is turning around in a U.S. port. I also very seriously doubt that they were forced to re-pack everything; the only scenario I can think of is if they were changing cabins and of course you'd pack up so your things can be moved.

Even if someone isn't a "traveler," they should have been educated by their TA. If they chose not to use a TA, then they assume responsibility for researching or knowing all the in's and outs. If they didn't, then, "Oh well." Even well-educated and highly intelligent people screw up and are disappointed when they attempt to do everything themselves and then blame it on the cruiseline. I have personal friends who did just that and I had little sympathy when their assumptions weren't correct and they were disappointed. (They thought all tours were included and were horrified that they'd have to pay for their helicopter tour in Alaska, among other things.)

I may just have to cancel my cruise since I thought EVERYTHING was included even my own personal chaise at the pool.

Seriously, I noticed today that our upcoming August Alaska cruise has gone up by $1086 for our PS. That is a serious price increase, no way am I canceling.

Mike:)

The ship only converts it to CAD if you did not tick the "Leave in USD box" on your boarding pass. If you read the boarding pass you wouldn't have this beef ever again.

Wrong,, sometimes the "system" makes a "mistake" and you have to go to Pursers office and have it "fixed".. I have cruised more then once..

Archived