Your favorite Celebrity waiter

GeorgeL

When I return from a cruise I write a note to Celebrity mentioning those who made my experience special. X usually,but not always, sends a response indicating that they appreciate the comments and will forward them to the staff. From comments made to me by staff I know that they appreciate postive comments since they help staff to advance.

When I return from a cruise I write a note to Celebrity mentioning those who made my experience special. X usually,but not always, sends a response indicating that they appreciate the comments and will forward them to the staff. From comments made to me by staff I know that they appreciate postive comments since they help staff to advance.

Excellent idea. What e-mail adress do you use?

We had a waiter on the Century in 2004 named Marius from Romania. I do not remember his last name but he was an exceptional waiter. He had an assistant waiter named Germain and the two of them were fantastic. They are the measuring stick I still use when comparing wait staff. Not sure where they went and I wish I had gotten their last names.

Marius from Romania may still be around. We had a Marius from Romania on Infinity, and he was great. I regularly consulted him on which menu item to choose, and he never steered me wrong. Our table (421? 204?) was starboard side, three from the front. We were among the first served, never felt rushed.

We also had a great sommelier. Ayden from Turkey. Very personable. I can't recall the asst waiter's name (not Germain), but he too was very good.

Altogether a great dining experience.

M/R

I was interested to see Alfred as a favorite waiter on Milennium. We will be on the January 2nd sailing, and I wonder if there is any way to request a waiter? Last time we were on Milennium in Summer 08 Alaska, our waiter was not up to par. We should have requested a change, since the waiter we had just that first night (unassigned dining) was fabulous --- his name was Luis. Unfortunately, all of Luis's tables were full. Frankly, the waiter we had who was not great was so umimpressive, I have forgotten his name!

I was interested to see Alfred as a favorite waiter on Milennium. We will be on the January 2nd sailing, and I wonder if there is any way to request a waiter?

I often wonder the same thing. Wouldn't it be great if we could call or e-mail Celebrity (or even the ship itself) and ask if a specific staff member was onboard for a particular sailing? I wish that was possible but I have never been able to even find out about a specific band which I liked (ONYX, from way back) and whether they would be on a particular ship. No one was ever able to give me their whereabouts.

I often wonder the same thing. Wouldn't it be great if we could call or e-mail Celebrity (or even the ship itself) and ask if a specific staff member was onboard for a particular sailing? I wish that was possible but I have never been able to even find out about a specific band which I liked (ONYX, from way back) and whether they would be on a particular ship. No one was ever able to give me their whereabouts.

Check with head waiter at MDR when you board. They will try to honor your request.

Do you have a favorite waiter that made your cruise dining experience more enjoyable and memorable? Here is your chance to give him/her a shout-out.

Tudor, Ass't Maitre D on Millenium: Oct/Nov 2008 South Pacific

Tudor, Maitre D Olympic Dining Room on Millenium: Jan 2008, Carib...

---he has European style and charm

Henri, Waiter on Millenium: Oct/Nov 2008 South Pacific

---he has style, humor, and is very, very committed to ensuring you have the best service

I wish we knew how to find out which ships they're sialing on and when since we're flexible on when we cruise.

That's what I would like as well. But it seems an impossible task since none of my inquiries to Celebrity were ever answered. I am not sure who would even be able to give me an answer.

Edited by GeorgeL

We have known Tudor for years from the Olympic.

He is from Romania and such a great person.

His service is the best and when we were on the Millennium in September we had the privilege of cruising with him once more.

He got promoted to Matire d of the specialty restaurant.

Everyone that I spoke with thinks very highly of Tudor.

I was interested to see Alfred as a favorite waiter on Milennium. We will be on the January 2nd sailing, and I wonder if there is any way to request a waiter? Last time we were on Milennium in Summer 08 Alaska, our waiter was not up to par. We should have requested a change, since the waiter we had just that first night (unassigned dining) was fabulous --- his name was Luis. Unfortunately, all of Luis's tables were full. Frankly, the waiter we had who was not great was so umimpressive, I have forgotten his name!

I believe Alfred will be going on furlough in February.

Has anyone been on the Century recently that has a waiter/waitress to recomend ?

Hi,

I am just off the ta on Century and had Renato from Croatia. Excellent service but also a very personable guy with a great sense of humor. If you are looking for formal more than fun, than Renato may not be your cup of tea. But he definitely is mine.

Anne

Hi,

I am just off the ta on Century and had Renato from Croatia. Excellent service but also a very personable guy with a great sense of humor. If you are looking for formal more than fun, than Renato may not be your cup of tea. But he definitely is mine.

Anne

thanks Anne, he sounds like he was pretty good. I am not really into formal (attitude, not atire) all that much.

Years back on the Galaxy it was a guy named Pachenko (sp?). Best ever. Wonder if he is still with X and what ship he is on.

Are you thinking of Paccheco from the Phiilippines - no hair chubby face?

If you are, he moved from Celebrity to Azamara. We met up with him again on Quest in August. His section of the dining room was like a "set table area" all guests who asked to be sat in his area each night. He is so efficient and very much from the old school. He has all the younger waiters running around to his standards!

The bad news is he is retiring next year - he has done over 20 years with pre X etc and is going back to help his wife run their water purification business in the Phillipines.

However his younger son who is going to use the name Pachecko Jnr on board is due to join X in the New Year