Carnival Pride heading to Norfolk

cbabe

Just an FYI for those who are interested, I'm aboard the pride and we are heading to Norfolk due to an ill passenger. I hope they are going to be ok. We're due into norfolk about 3pm this afternoon.

In other news, The pride left baltimore 4 hrs later than intended to allow passengers who suffered airport delays to reach the ship.

Many of us onboard, were freezing last night. According to the staff, it was because we stayed in baltimore so long. I slept in my pajamas, socks and the robe, under the covers. That's how cold it was in my cabin last night. After making about 3 complaints, someone finally came up and adjusted the temp. in our cabin. We're more comfortable now. Muster drill is in about 7 mins. So, I'll update more later.

cbabe

We were on the Pride last week (got off yesterday) and it was already freeezing the night before. It took forever to get people off the ship We were in Self-Debarkation and in the second group and we didn't get to the parking lot until 10:30am. They cancelled our call to Freeport and we had a "Bonus" rocky day at sea with 60-70 k winds and 15 plus foot waves rocking us about - the decks were closed and the shows were cancelled.

Hi All,

Looks like we'll be getting into Norfolk earlier than 3pm.. That's good. So far, I can say, I'm disappointed in Carnival. I haven't been on carnival in about 2 yrs, but I was disappointed with my dinner last night(flat iron steak, was tough), shrimp cocktail was smallish....as my husband put it. I'm hoping it'll get better, but I'm not holding my breath. It's about 12pm now, and I'm still waiting to have my cabin cleaned up. Our cabin steward is Joe... he's nice, but I think he's overwhelmed, he's cleaning a lot of cabins. Like I said, I'm hoping it'll get better. It's too cold to go out onto the decks. So, we're stuck inside. The muster drill was freezing of course, but I went prepared. Here's hoping for and improving vacation.. Have a great day everyone.

cbabe

Does it really matter if room is cleaned in the morning or early afternoon?

Surprised the heat is not adjusted for northern climates. We took the Triumph out of NY early october and was a bit cold in our cabin.

I live in Va and like the idea of a cruise out of Baltimore but the itinerary leaves a lot to be desired.

Wish they would do 8 day itineraries so they could go to more interesting places than the bahamas. Even my PVP agrees with me on this btw.

Scared me when i read the title. I was thinking because of this storm this weekend they re-evaluated B more and said "we need to switch this to norfolk to avoid snow right now". Wouldn't bother me so much but I wouldn't have liked driving 5 hours after getting off the ship opposed to the 45 minutes if in B more.

Scared me when i read the title. I was thinking because of this storm this weekend they re-evaluated B more and said "we need to switch this to norfolk to avoid snow right now". Wouldn't bother me so much but I wouldn't have liked driving 5 hours after getting off the ship opposed to the 45 minutes if in B more.

Me too!! I thought the same thing and got nervous!! LOL

Surprised the heat is not adjusted for northern climates. We took the Triumph out of NY early october and was a bit cold in our cabin.

I live in Va and like the idea of a cruise out of Baltimore but the itinerary leaves a lot to be desired.

Wish they would do 8 day itineraries so they could go to more interesting places than the bahamas. Even my PVP agrees with me on this btw.

Agreed, a 9-day Caribbean and alternating 5-day to Bermuda similar to what Enchantment will be doing next year would be a lot more attractive to me.

Hi All,

Looks like we'll be getting into Norfolk earlier than 3pm.. That's good. So far, I can say, I'm disappointed in Carnival. I haven't been on carnival in about 2 yrs, but I was disappointed with my dinner last night(flat iron steak, was tough), shrimp cocktail was smallish....as my husband put it. I'm hoping it'll get better, but I'm not holding my breath. It's about 12pm now, and I'm still waiting to have my cabin cleaned up. Our cabin steward is Joe... he's nice, but I think he's overwhelmed, he's cleaning a lot of cabins. Like I said, I'm hoping it'll get better. It's too cold to go out onto the decks. So, we're stuck inside. The muster drill was freezing of course, but I went prepared. Here's hoping for and improving vacation.. Have a great day everyone.

cbabe

I'm surprised they didn't muster inside! You have had a rough start to your trip, with the weather and such, I hope it gets better for you. Hope the rest of your trip is better than the start.

Actually, today it did, since it's cold outside, we're stuck inside, so we decided to stay in our cabin, enjoy the jacuzzi tub. but had to wait for housekeeping. We waited it out in the sports bar.

It's not too bad, but I can't help but to wish for warm weather and a deck chair right about now.

I'll update in a few days. Have a good one everyone!!

It definitely makes a difference when your cabin is cleaned! Until it is, you really can't relax and do what you want...since you're always waiting for housekeeping/attendant....and I simply can't stand an unmade bed...so I end up making it....not a huge deal, but hey--I'm on vacation...I shouldn't have to make the bed!

Did anyone hear what happened? How long were they in Norfolk? Will they lose a port because of the delay?

Hi All,

We were only in Norfolk for a short time 35 - 45 mins. long enough to discharge the sick passenger. There is no talk of losing a port. We were supposed to have 2 at sea days on the way to port canaveral and one sea day back to baltimore after leaving freeport. so since it only takes a day to get back, there's enough time to still make our ports, so no loss there.

Today is actually better, we didn't freeze last night(extra blanket helped) and it's warmer today. I think I'll actually go out on deck today. So here's to a better and warmer day!! We're due in port canaveral tomorrow, so I'm thinking it'll get better from here on out.

Have a great day!

DH and I were on one of the few special itineraries on the Pride in late August. We went to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau & Freeport for an 8 day cruise. It was, by far, a better itinerary than what is offered now. Don't know why Carnival can't do more of these!

DH and I were on one of the few special itineraries on the Pride in late August. We went to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau & Freeport for an 8 day cruise. It was, by far, a better itinerary than what is offered now. Don't know why Carnival can't do more of these!

Half moon cay and Grand turk would be fine but a cruise to Nassau and especially Freeport does not hold any attraction to me. With recent crime in Nassau and the ugliness of Freeport they would be do not get off the ship days for me and DW.

I know that bigger ships cannot get into Bermuda but just read that a Holland American ship will have to tender so wonder why Carnival does not have it as a regular itinerary.

Half moon cay and Grand turk would be fine but a cruise to Nassau and especially Freeport does not hold any attraction to me. With recent crime in Nassau and the ugliness of Freeport they would be do not get off the ship days for me and DW.

I know that bigger ships cannot get into Bermuda but just read that a Holland American ship will have to tender so wonder why Carnival does not have it as a regular itinerary.

Still better than Port Canaveral, Nassau & Freeport, IMHO.

Ideally, if they could remove Nassau & Freeport and add on 2 other ports with GT & HMC, that would be just right!!:D

Hi All,

We were only in Norfolk for a short time 35 - 45 mins. long enough to discharge the sick passenger. There is no talk of losing a port. We were supposed to have 2 at sea days on the way to port canaveral and one sea day back to baltimore after leaving freeport. so since it only takes a day to get back, there's enough time to still make our ports, so no loss there.

Today is actually better, we didn't freeze last night(extra blanket helped) and it's warmer today. I think I'll actually go out on deck today. So here's to a better and warmer day!! We're due in port canaveral tomorrow, so I'm thinking it'll get better from here on out.

Have a great day!

In 03 we sailed out of B more on a celebrity ship. We left the port late around 9pm. We were passing Palm beach the next night by 8:30pm. So i would totally expect to be at port on time.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but is this the Veendam in May? I was thinking of taking that sailing but not if we have to tender.

Back on track, glad it is warming up for you on this sailing, hopefully the snow will be melted by the time you return:)

Since for years all I ate was beef on the Carnival ships (I have finally expanded a little to roast chicken, but still mainly a beef gal)...I can tell you that the Strip steak and Flat Iron will be dry and tough.

Part of it is my fault....because I eat my beef well done. And some of the flat irons have been better than others.

However, the good news is that the rest of their beef fare is fine.

Wish I was on that cruise....I am one of those weird people who LOVE COLD WEATHER CRUISING!!! (I would pick Alaska or Canada over the Caribbean any day of the week!!)

Archived