? Shore Excursion Atlantis Submarine Underwater Adventure & Shipwreck Exploration

JYogi

Has anyone done this?

What are your thoughts?

It sounded kinda interesting to me and I was thinking of doing it alone as my fiancee has no interest but said shed go shopping and all with her parents.

Is this a fun excursion or just so so?

Would I be out of place doing it myself?

We are going to do the Snorkel by Boat at Half Moon Csay.

I am not scuba certified anymore or Id go the scuba route for sure!

Has anyone done this?

What are your thoughts?

It sounded kinda interesting to me and I was thinking of doing it alone as my fiancee has no interest but said shed go shopping and all with her parents.

Is this a fun excursion or just so so?

Would I be out of place doing it myself?

We are going to do the Snorkel by Boat at Half Moon Csay.

I am not scuba certified anymore or Id go the scuba route for sure!

You don't say where you plan to do the Atlantis submarine adventure. If it is in Grand Cayman I would say "do it". You would not be out of place doing it alone. You will be amazed at what you see. I have done it three times and would do it again in a heartbeat. Your fiancee will be sorry she didn't go with you when you explain what you saw.

The sub holds about 40-50 people and each seat faces a window. You will not have to worry about not having a window seat. You can take photos or video or just sit and look and enjoy. Depending on the crew you may get a commentary of what you are looking at. You go down about 80 feet. It is a great experience and in my opinion, one that should not be missed.

Terri

It was interesting to hear that someone really enjoyed the submarine ride. I was really looking forward to the one in Kona Hawaii and was truly disappointed. It was geared more to the thrill of being down in a sub rather than seeing the marine life. I'm to old for diving and badly wanted to see the sea life up close. We went to 100 feet and everything was blue gray colored and there were few fish. I consider the Kona submarine a rip off.

I too would like more opinions on the Carib. sub rides.

Thanks

I wanted to ask this same question in regards to Hawaii. It sounds like maybe Kona isn't the best, but has anyone done other ports? I found this video on YouTube and I'm pretty much sold. Even though we're from Alaska and can see whales on a daily basis in the summer, seeing them from this perspective is something we've never done! Of course, the whales aren't guaranteed, but if we saw them, it would be amazing (especially the momma and baby!).

(Sorry if this is a thread hijack--I didn't want to repost the same question. Hope the OP doesn't mind!)

For anyone interested in doing Atlantis, try to find out if they are allowed to feed the fish in the port you're visiting.

I had a great experience in St. Thomas, and sub staff told me food was put into a cage outside the sub, and that's what attracted all the marine life.

I had a poor experience in Barbados - I was told no fish feeding was allowed by local regulations.

Archived