Connection in Dublin...enough time?

cavou

Good morning everyone, I have been searching for airfare from New York to Rome and I found a great deal on AerLingus.com. Although the airfare is much cheaper (around $600 dollars) than other carriers, I will have to transfer planes in Dublin on the way to Rome and on the way back to New York. My only concern is that I will only have around 2 hours in between flight times. Is 2 hours enough time? Also, it appears that AerLingus only offers one flight per day from Dublin to Rome...I am really tempted to book this; however, I don't know if I want to risk being stranded in Dublin for a night. Thanks for your help!

If your inbound flight is on time, then no problems with 2 hours. Also, keep in mind there are buffers in the posted flight times to Europe. I was once delayed 1 hour going to LHR and we still made it to the gate a half hour early:D.

Have a great time,

John

Didn't you ask this same question on Tripadvisor? You received some good answers there. Are you looking for something different? No one can guarantee you will make your connecting flight. I've missed several this year. It's not a bargain if it's going to cause you stress, or if having to take the flight the next day will cause you to miss your cruise.

If you are booked through with Aer Lingus then it is their problem. We are heading the other way in the Spring and expect Aer Lingus to sort out any problems should they occur. If you are changing carriers in Dublin to a certain low level carrier then I offer prayers and nothing else.

If you are booked through with Aer Lingus then it is their problem. We are heading the other way in the Spring and expect Aer Lingus to sort out any problems should they occur. If you are changing carriers in Dublin to a certain low level carrier then I offer prayers and nothing else.

You may want to read through their Contract of Carriage so that you are aware of what your rights would be in this situation. Go to Article 9.

http://www.aerlingus.com/i18n/en/htmlPopups/conds_of_carriage.html

Good morning everyone, I have been searching for airfare from New York to Rome and I found a great deal on AerLingus.com. Although the airfare is much cheaper (around $600 dollars) than other carriers, I will have to transfer planes in Dublin on the way to Rome and on the way back to New York. My only concern is that I will only have around 2 hours in between flight times. Is 2 hours enough time? Also, it appears that AerLingus only offers one flight per day from Dublin to Rome...I am really tempted to book this; however, I don't know if I want to risk being stranded in Dublin for a night. Thanks for your help!

If you had a little extra time there are a lot worse places to get stuck than Dublin. I am a little biaised though as Dublin is my home town.

If you had a little extra time there are a lot worse places to get stuck than Dublin. I am a little biaised though as Dublin is my home town.

Well, it is not my hometown, but I do agree. Getting stuck in Dublin is far from a tragedy. this assumes, of course, that the OP is traveling to rome several days early.

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies! After reading your comments and the airline's contract of carriage we decided to book the flight. It's a good thing too since shortly after the airfare increase in price. Best case scenario we will arrive in Italy on time. Worst case scenario is that we lose a day in Italy and get to explore Dublin. Again, thanks to everyone! :)

If possible, have a Guinness fresh from the tap in DUB. There's something that makes it even better when fresh in Ireland. Most folks who try it seem to agree. Even if you don't think you'd like a "dark beer", it's quite smooth and easy drinking. And if you are a fan of really cold beer, try the Guinness Extra Cold, designed to be drunk at a colder temperature than regular Guinness.

Archived