Got to Have items

jdlowndes

Iphone - alarm clock, music and phone home to check on fids(feathered kids), all in one

Power bar - to keep rechargable batteries charged and Iphone going

Bubble wrap - wine on the way in, fragiles on the way out

Kindle - load up 6 books & I'm good to go!

DH - "all you need is love":D

Post it notes (to leave cabin staff notes)

Highlighters (to highlight the things we want to do)

Clothes Pins (to pin the curtains shut in case we want to sleep in)

Power Strip

Extra Batteries (AAA & AA)

Cork Screw

Walkie Talkies

Thanks . . . just put a highlighter in my bag . . . almost forgot . . . :p

The clothes, money and passport are the only HAVE to take things. Beyond that it's nice to have a camera with charger, sunglasses, sun screen, good book, ginger tablets, emergency kit including first aid cream-bandaids-small pair of scissors-thread and needle-q-tips-pepto-aspirin, battery powered alarm clock, and sometimes a disposible water camera if doing some water excursions.

1.) excedrine migraine

2.) ibuprofen

3.) extension cord

4.) travel alarm

5.) card for room safe

6.) extra AA batteries for the cameras

7.) cameras

8.) deep conditioner to battle sun and saltwater on the hair

9.) peppermint altoids (work well for fresh breath AND upset tummies)

10.) Rx dieuretic pills

From all of the different packing lists over the years - the most handy thing that we brought was the power strip. When you have a video camera, digital camera, ipod dock, hair straightener, and 2 cell phone chargers, it really came in handy.

Critical items forgotten, but easily replaced - hair conditioner, toothpaste, and a baseball cap. For ladies with longer hair - it does get windy up on deck - I find that I still get the 'wispy's" even with my hair in a pony tail.

a small magnifying mirror so i can put on my makeup straight while in cabin

clips to hold wet bathing suits while they dry on balcony;)

small bottles of my fav shampoo/conditioner as well as some clarifying shampoo & my turbi-towel

both a small shower scrunchie scrubber & fav shower gel

body & foot moisturizer, all the sand is rough:)

bottle of nail polish to perk up mani/pedi

homework (if kids r skipping school)

powerstrips & all the chargers, including those for rechargeable batteries

& lastly, learned the hard way:eek:; a backup credit card jik u find urself victim of identiy theft while crusing! Although most CC companies will forward a replacement card to your next port of call if a bank is available to process.

does ginger really work? thanks!

Yes. So does "candied ginger" which is dried, sugar coated ginger root. Kind of tasty. So does "ginger ale" but you want to let the bubbles out so it's flat. There's also ginger flavored Altoids.

Most of this stuff usually works if you expect it to.

What are your top 10 items that you have to take on your cruise?

I take my old clothes for beach excursions, pool time, jogging.

When they get dirty, I throw them out. Makes a little room in my luggage for the junk I typically buy when on vacation.

recently had my tooth break while eating chez n crackers..i have good teeth! i now have a temporary filling kit in my emergancy supply ziplock bag.

I had a temporary cap put in a few days before sailing and got the same kit too. Guess I carry that with me also.:)

1. Laptop: for entertainment such as DVD movies, games, and to synch up my iPhone with. Since I carry the iPhone and listen to audiobooks I don't have to carry so many paperbacks when I travel!

2. GPS: because I always like to know where we are going and other info. Also nice to have in case you get lost and need to know where the heck they docked the boat at. I also like to save the GPS tracks and mark those places I visited as waypoints so in case I need to remember how to get back to certain place (to take a pic or get an item that I can only get there)

3. Camera: DSLR and lenses as well as point and shoot camera for those times I don't want to lug around the serious gear!

4. My Gore-Tex rain jacket: This thing keeps me bone dry in down pours and with layers can take me from winter to summer with the outer shell only. I hate to get wet!

5. A 180 lumen LED flashlight with variable output. This little powerhouse runs 50 minutes at full power on a single AA. I am NEVER without a flashlight. After watching countless horror movies, I have determined that all the bad things that happen to the victims are simply because of the lack of an adequate light source ;)... Seriously though it is good to have your own light source!

6. Alok-sak waterproof bags: Think heavy duty ziploc bags. Works great to carry a camera into cold room from a warm moist area to prevent condensation in/on it. Also a million other uses

7. My Tilley Hat: Great hat and comes in handy for cruising since you can strap it to your head.

8. Ham Radio: I like to bring along my handheld walkie talkie to mostly listen but with the proper paperwork I can talk to the locals in the ports I visit. My little walkie talkie will also pic up shortwave stations so it doubles as a communications device as well as a way to listen to the BBC and other stations. To me, there is something cool about listening to shortwave stations while at sea!

9. Repair kit with duct tape (about 20' rolled around an old gift card), zip ties, and a 50' hank of paracord. With this combo you can fix ANYTHING!

10. A Camelbak hydration bladder: Since I like to take the tours that require a little physical exercise I like to have some water with me. I hate to carry water bottles so I prefer to carry my water on my back. I usually travel with the ones that have a backpack that the hydration bladder fits inside so I get extra use out of it. The whole family takes these when we go to WDW so they don't get thirsty!

I tried to think of some items that may not be on others lists, so maybe it will give folks some ideas:eek:

Don't forget to bring an expired gift card with magnetic strip on the back for the cabin safe.

And, a bottle opener. If you buy a bucket of beer, you may die of thirst before your server shows up again with one!;)

What are your top 10 items that you have to take on your cruise?

(i.e. Bungie Cord, Duct Tape)

Please name stuff other than things like, clothes, money, passport...

My must have is my camcorder. I now wished if I had bought one for my first three cruises, including the now retired Carnival Celebration. Pics really don't give the same feeling that video does.:)

1) My Kindle, loaded up with some fun books (and if I'm planning a beach day, a paperback that I don't need to worry about getting sand or water on)

2) My iphone, in airplane mode for music and some video

3) My good conditioner.

4) A couple underwater cameras (had a bad experience with a digital camera in a "waterproof" bag)

5) My aquapac keymaster; it's just a little bigger than a credit card and will hold my S&S card & ID and a small amount of cash.

6) A beach bag. I didn't have one on my first cruise and ended up having to buy something overpriced to have something to haul my stuff around in port

And for this next cruise, my mom.

Small lighted alarm clock (plug in is good), foam ear plugs (extremely helpful), quarters for the laundry machines ($3.00 per load for wash, same for dry), laundry bag, hats, warm clothes for sure (one long sleeved shirt, one sweatshirt, just so you have it if you need it).

Post it notes (to leave cabin staff notes)

Highlighters (to highlight the things we want to do)

Clothes Pins (to pin the curtains shut in case we want to sleep in)

Power Strip

Extra Batteries (AAA & AA)

Cork Screw

Walkie Talkies

do walkie talkies work well on ship? we are thinking about brining some since the cost for text messaging on the cells is so much. i think we spent $100 last cruise on texts. but then again if you have to spend $100 on good walkie talkies it might not make a difference.

We bring our IPOD/ALARM/CLOCK RADIO Player (great listening to tunes while on the balcony having cocktails and getting ready for dinner) and of course ROADIE mugs :D

img0466vv.jpg

6 prong power cord to power it up and recharge the cam batteries. Bungee cord to keep the door open and the RUM RUNNERS!!!

img0465w.jpg

Archived