Stressed over clothes!

mompells

We are going on a 6 night cruise on the IOS. I am stressed over the evening wear! My travel document says we are having two formal nights, one smart casual and 3 casual. I get the casual. I'm assuming capris for the wife with a blouse is ok? Also - Dockers and a button up shirt for my DH is ok? Formal I get also - Dress for Wife, and Suit with tie for DH! What the heck do they want for SMART CASUAL? If I am wrong on any of this, please correct me! I need help FAST! We leave in 10 days!

On smart casual nights, DH wore a sportcoat, and I think a tie. I wore sundresses or "Sunday go to meetin" dresses. It seems that casual and smart casual have morphed into pretty much the same thing...casual. Don't stress, you will see people who don't even meet the bare minimum of Dockers and a button up shirt.;)

For me, smart casual is what I would wear going to a better restaurant or to a party at a friend's house. For Caribbean cruises I usually bring a fun skirt and wear it with a nice top (tank top, sweater set, etc.) and nice sandals. To save packing space the same skirt is worn during the day with a more casual top and flat shoes.

If you're not into skirts then bring a nice pair of pants or even dressy capris.:)

I've seen men wearing black t-shirts and black jeans on "formal" night...

Please, don't let it stress you out. Just dress as though you are going out to a nice restaurant for dinner. Formal night is the really fancy restaurant (suit/tux, gown), casual is Olive Garden, and smart casual is dinner out with the boss. :)

To us, casual does NOT means shorts and t’s , but rather nice slacks and collared shirts for men and a dress or slacks and nice top or silk sweater for women.

Recently, on RCCL, we have not dressed different than just described for smart casual.

Husband has stopped taking a sport jacket and my clothes are pretty dressy anyway. I have never felt underdressed

Can’t answer for other lines.

enjoy.

M

Please, don't let it stress you out. Just dress as though you are going out to a nice restaurant for dinner. Formal night is the really fancy restaurant (suit/tux, gown), casual is Olive Garden, and smart casual is dinner out with the boss. :)

LOVE the description!

People hear casual and think jeans, but in my job casual means you might not put on your best suit or you wear lower heels. If you wear slacks/skirt and a nice buttoned or collared top that is fine and for dressier times it doesn't hurt to add a bit more pizzaz!

Couldn't have put it better myself! Exactly right in my opinion

We are going on a 6 night cruise on the IOS. I am stressed over the evening wear! My travel document says we are having two formal nights, one smart casual and 3 casual. I get the casual. I'm assuming capris for the wife with a blouse is ok? Also - Dockers and a button up shirt for my DH is ok? Formal I get also - Dress for Wife, and Suit with tie for DH! What the heck do they want for SMART CASUAL? If I am wrong on any of this, please correct me! I need help FAST! We leave in 10 days!

For us, Smart Casual is what we would were to dinner in the main dining room of a country club, Church on Sunday morning, or to a nicer restaurant. For him: A sport coat over a polo or a shirt with or without a tie. For her: a nice pant suit, or a nice dress. You are going to see everything. Don't stress. Have a great trip.:)

I do not bring a sports coat on a cruise anymore in fact the last RCCL cruise I rented a tux. Renting a tux was a little pricey but we were on a 14 day cruise and the extra space by not bringing a suit was welcome.

On smart casual nights I wear dress pants with either a polo, dressy collard shirt, or Hawaiian style shirt.

I wear jeans almost everyday at home but on a cruise I do not even pack one. They are too bulky and heavy to even consider them. I can pack two pair of pants for the space and weight on one pair of blue jeans.

Shak

I am stressed over shoes to wear with simple black crepe pants and/or black wrap dress for the evenings.

I seem to have donated to a rummage sale the ONLY perfect shoes for my cruise with the outfits aforementioned. I have terribly narrow, troublesome feet. Cannot find any shoe/sandal and hgave returned several tryouts already.

Worst case-I have brown. I figure no one will really notice.

I also do have the perfext slide, but am afraid I can't walk on them on a ship.

Does anyone really care but me?

BTW, I just had a pin put in my finger joint. Had it been foot suregery again, I would be wearing UGG slippers all over the RCCL.

I am stressed over shoes to wear with simple black crepe pants and/or black wrap dress for the evenings.

I seem to have donated to a rummage sale the ONLY perfect shoes for my cruise with the outfits aforementioned. I have terribly narrow, troublesome feet. Cannot find any shoe/sandal and hgave returned several tryouts already.

BTW, I just had a pin put in my finger joint. Had it been foot suregery again, I would be wearing UGG slippers all over the RCCL.

And who cares if they do notice ....it's your holiday and you wear whatever shoes suit your feet. Hope your finger is feeling better too.

Enjoy your cruise....

Thanks!

I've almost decided not to even take the black dress-just the black wool crepe and/or black linen slacks. My son informed me that when he stopped by the supplier's the other day (giving the trip to good customers-and no one wanted to go but me!), there was mention of a formal affair on board and no one was going.

I am looking at the mound of clothes I want to take-and eliminating as much as I can.

I always had nice clothes-good quality and timeless-just live in barn clothes now.

Don't stress, regardless, but if you care about brown shoes with black outfit, find a brown and black print scarf, wrap or other accessory to tie it together. Brown beads, even. I have brown high heels that are too high to wear with my brown pants, but perfect with a black pair I have. I throw on a brown sweater and call it a match.

Archived