All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

We were booked in suite 646 for our May cruise on the Spirit, but when I read ColonelWes' "tip" earlier in this thread about the noise in suite 644 I had my TA relocate us a bit further forward on deck 7 - only suites above and below us! Thanks, ColonelWes, for the heads up!!

Bob.

I will clear up the suite numbers with the noise problems - they are 642-650. The noise level in 646 and 648 is the worst.

Thanks Doug and Wes for the great posts - we did have a ball - what great people - hope we see you ALL again.

Malcolm

Malcolm, you're very welcome..was a priviledge to give back to SS CC as we learned

so much (from SS cruisers and Maiden voyage cruisers (like Debbie, Craig, Wil and Janice) prior to our Spirit voyage...concur 100% great/wonderful/warm folks on the Spirit. ps..Ida and I had a relaxing drink with Dusababy (Mary Ann) in the airport

lounge before we all (sigh) got on our respective flights back to ATL and LAX.

As I said in my letter to SS management, the entire noise issue could be resolve by moving the quartet/trio to the Panorama Lounge in the evening and moving the piano player to the Bar. That's how Whisper/Shadow operate and it works very well. We didn't dance much on the T/A cruise, because we're not fans of disco due to my having an artificial hip and that's about all that was offered in the Panorama Lounge at night. The piano player is a total loss for dancing. The Quartet in the Bar played good music, but the speakers are right on the dance floor and it's much too loud for comfortable dancing. Maybe the new Hotel Director, Hubert and the Cruise Director, Fernando will make the change. Certainly, we're hoping for that by the time we return in Dec.

Does anyone have an email address for the front desk on board the Spirit?

Or even a fax number?

A friend of mine is on board and we have been trying to communicate over the last couple of days & the cellphone signal is pretty patchy - plus she's not that net savvy so on board, so direct email is out.

Thank in advance for your help!

I agree with Dougburns. We are in cabin 646 for the last 3 nights. We do not attempt to sleep until the music stops at midnight. We have talked to people in 644 and 642 and they also have complained.

We have talked to management and they are trying to find us another cabin when we land in Barbados. Other than this complaint, the ship is beautiful, the food is excellent and the staff is wonderful! Great weather and calms seas too :)

Edina, Wellseasoned (Dieter) is now on board with Emmy, if you post (in general

terms your request for information/message her on this thread, unless it is private) am confident Dieter will get it to Emmy.

Edina, Wellseasoned (Dieter) is now on board with Emmy, if you post (in general

terms your request for information/message her on this thread, unless it is private) am confident Dieter will get it to Emmy.

Thanks Colonel!

Lines of communication have been restored thanks to Stefanie on Reception. I'm not sure if it was the ship's cell phone signal, but our calls had lots of feedback and a really bad satellite echo - rare in this day & age :confused:

We will be taking our first sailing with SS later this year, are booked in Suite 746 and have been following the comments on the noise issues in 646 (etc) with interest. We are quite excited to have our first voyage with SS be on the Spirit but are very light sleepers... Can anyone comment as to whether the music from the bar will be a problem in 746 as well? Thanks for your input!

With regard to the question about Ipod docks on the Spirit, as stated, there is one in each suite. Also, if you have an iPhone, here is some good news: it will say "not compatible with iPhones" when you put it in - but ignore that, and leave it there and shortly your music will begin playing.

Archived