All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

Looking forward to your review Craig.

Did you know Malcolm boards April 2? You'll just barely miss them.

I'm just home from Shadow and it was fabulous!

Mary Ann

Well.... the only bad thing about our trip with Mary Ann on the Shadow was she left us too early. Mary Ann, you were missed, but no worries your trivia team placed first!:D

I think that's a great idea to move the stone grill to the main pool deck. However, they'll need to install some kind of heaters like they currently have on deck 10 for the cooler climes. Ain't progress great though? Look forward to reading your review, Craig.

believe we will know Craig's review once he fills in his stars on the Silversea

Spirit SCL-ACA spot on the left side of this signature block above. Pls note

how he rated Wil and his Spirit Maiden Voyage (4 stars) and Spirit Maiden T/Atlantic (4+Stars)..my guess

is based on his interim reports on board he will give the SCL-ACA 5 stars.

Welcome home, guys. Where to next??

Hello Everyone,

I just reserved my very first voyage on Silversea for the Spirit, November 11th, Barbados to Ft Laud. I have never sailed on a small ship so Im a little anxious that I will feel every swell/wave etc, is this true? Im doing the small ship as Im tired being at sea on a mega ship and feeling no connection to the ocean.

After reading all 11 pages on this board regarding the "Spirit" Im rather excited about my journey.

I have a personal request to all you seasoned SilverSea guests, since its my first time aboard a Silversea vessel can you tell me the do's and dont's and any other tips to make my vacation one to remember?

I will be travelling by alone and looking forward to meeting new friends. Do Silversea do hosted tables in the Restaurant at dinner, that way I dont have to dine alone?

I appreciate any advice that you can provide

Stuart (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Well.... the only bad thing about our trip with Mary Ann on the Shadow was she left us too early. Mary Ann, you were missed, but no worries your trivia team placed first!:D

Thanks SonomaWine! I was going to wait until the weekend to reconnect with the "Posse" - allowing you time to do the laundry and read your mail - am glad you missed me, yet were able to enjoy the trip;)

I'll be in touch with Mary to get details of Trivia victory, and will also be back in touch with you.

Looking forward to Craig's review -- and thanks to Craig for his nice words:)

Mary Ann

Hello Everyone, I just reserved my very first voyage on Silversea for the Spirit, November 11th, Barbados to Ft Laud. I have never sailed on a small ship so Im a little anxious that I will feel every swell/wave etc, is this true? Im doing the small ship as Im tired being at sea on a mega ship and feeling no connection to the ocean. After reading all 11 pages on this board regarding the "Spirit" Im rather excited about my journey. I have a personal request to all you seasoned SilverSea guests, since its my first time aboard a Silversea vessel can you tell me the do's and dont's and any other tips to make my vacation one to remember? I will be travelling by alone and looking forward to meeting new friends. Do Silversea do hosted tables in the Restaurant at dinner, that way I dont have to dine alone? I appreciate any advice that you can provide

Stuart (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Hi Stuart

Welcome to the SS board and congratulations on booking your first cruise.

Are u sure u board on Nov 11 as I get off the Spirit in Barbados on Nov 13?

I travel solo also and SS is great, u only eat alone if it's your choice to do so. The Maitre'D will always sit u with people at meal times if that's what u want.

Make sure u attend the solo function on the first night, that way u will make friends straight away. Also try a roll call here on the SS board but note that often u will get no replies because most SS passengers do not post or have not heard of Cruise Critic.

Don't worry about the ship, from what I've read, it rides very smoothly in the bad weather. I get bad seasickness and I'm not worried about it:)

Other than that, enjoy the wonderful ambience of Silversea.

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Kish island is not so bad but Bandar Abbas is scary! Watch out for the giant ants!! I will contact you elsewhere since this is off-topic and I don't want to get buzzed by Host Dan!!!?!

duct tape - is there any where in the world that u haven't been?? :D:D

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Hi Stuart

Welcome to the SS board and congratulations on booking your first cruise.

Are u sure u board on Nov 11 as I get off the Spirit in Barbados on Nov 13?

I travel solo also and SS is great, u only eat alone if it's your choice to do so. The Maitre'D will always sit u with people at meal times if that's what u want.

Make sure u attend the solo function on the first night, that way u will make friends straight away. Also try a roll call here on the SS board but note that often u will get no replies because most SS passengers do not post or have not heard of Cruise Critic.

Don't worry about the ship, from what I've read, it rides very smoothly in the bad weather. I get bad seasickness and I'm not worried about it:)

Other than that, enjoy the wonderful ambience of Silversea.

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Thanks Jennifer!

I stand corrected it is November 13th, I was considering the voyage 5041 December 11th and got the two confused

I will be sure to attend the single get together on the first night!

I hope you enjoy your voyage prior to mine

We are on Barbados to Barbados November 6 - 13, and the Barbados to FLL is after that.

I am not a big fan of the moving of the hot stone grill except for improving the safety for the staff. It was a cozy spot. What are they going to move to accommodate it?

Doug, Wes, Dieter et al Inaugural Crossing vets -- mutual friend Malcolm phoned from his verandah overlooking San Diego harbor this morning. Personal inspection after boarding in San Pedro yesterday -- so far so good!

Has booked full schedule of reservations -- all crew still in place except Captain and CD on vacation.

Regards to all and will report from FLL.

Mary Ann

I hope Malcom will post from the ship. We're booking 2 cruises for 2011. First is Silver Wind from Capetown-Las Palmas 12-30 Mar with air included. Second is Silver Spirit from Lisbon-Barbados 21 Oct-5 Nov also with air included. Have never been on Cloud or Wind and have not done the west coast of Africa other than Namibia, so it will be a new experience. It will give us a chance to see our good friends in Cape Town as well. Maybe we can all get together again on the Fall 2011 Spirit Transatlantic. Instead of getting a Grand suite we're getting a verandah on both of the above cruises. Happy Easter all.

Archived