All things- Silver Spirit!

Host Dan

Nice to look out my office window and see the Spirit docked at 44th street in the Hudson. It's looking spectacular! Looking nice and ready for the TA crossing. Those boarding tomorrow--enjoy! :)

Thanks dag39. It was a great voyage! I have lots of photos but have been too busy working since I got home to post anything. I hate how that works!

Patty

• 3 weeks later...

We leave tomorrow for Venice and June 5th sailing on the Spirit. Our first cruise for 5 year anniversary. Wanted to thank everyone over the past few months that responded to questions and provided valuable information and opinions :D. We will provide trip report when we return.

Neilio

Rumor has it that smoking will no longer be permitted in the Panorama Lounge(inside) on Silver Spirit. Up to now it has been permitted after 1830, since, due to its location, there is no smoking in the Bar. I have our T/A checking this with SS, since it's not reflected on their website. This rumor comes from what has been a reliable source. They are full world cruisers and have cancelled their 2011 WC on Spirit because of it.

The info in my last post is correct per SS in FLL. Change went into effect 28 May. Don't think it will affect the other ships though, since you can smoke in the Bar on the others and you never could smoke in the Panorama Lounge on the others.

Thanks so much, Doug. I wonder if this will cause cancellations IF SS informs passengers of this change that are booked? For SS's sake, I hope they do make this policy change known. There will be quite a few passengers in a snit when they discover this when onboard.:eek:

Rumor has it that smoking will no longer be permitted in the Panorama Lounge(inside) on Silver Spirit. Up to now it has been permitted after 1830, since, due to its location, there is no smoking in the Bar. I have our T/A checking this with SS, since it's not reflected on their website. This rumor comes from what has been a reliable source. They are full world cruisers and have cancelled their 2011 WC on Spirit because of it.

The more smoke free zones the healthier for everyone!

We leave tomorrow for Venice and June 5th sailing on the Spirit. Our first cruise for 5 year anniversary. Wanted to thank everyone over the past few months that responded to questions and provided valuable information and opinions :D. We will provide trip report when we return.

Neilio

Enjoy your cruise! Happy Anniversary! And Venice is one of my all time favorite romantic cities ...

Patty

Wes,

Thanks for posting. I have been following Andrea's blog on her site but I find she is not saying too much about the ship. Other than the hot rock dinner it has all been about the ports. Maybe that's coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Wes,

Andrea still has not really said anything about the Spirit on the blog of her cruise (other than the hot rock experience.) I wonder if we should read anything into that. Or perhaps it is still coming.

Henry, have sent Andrea an email for any updates.

Dieter, thanks for Silversea blog mention..Ralph Grizzle, aka Avid Cruiser/Avid Media

produces almost all of the videos posted on the Silversea blog.

Henry, just heard from Andrea..she will post her Spirit review w/pics (her husband

is best photographer I have seen post on any internet chat forum) on Luxury Cruise

Bible later this week. In short, they loved the Spirit and crew..her husband thought

the SS wine that was poured was best they have had at sea (she sails all lux lines).

They were not crazy about the gym/spa area.

Archived