Can you bring any of your own food/drinks on the ship?

FUNwithLL

My boyfriend and I are cruise Mariner of the Seas Feb 28-Mar 7. I have seen some people post about the best places to buy alcohol and drop it back off at the ship so they didn't have to carry it around with them. Is it true that you can bring any food/drink back on the boat with you from each port? Can you bring food from your original departure (LA, CA)? Thanks for your info!

No, you have to check/claim alcohol. They will tag it and give it back at the end of your cruise. We always manage to have some vodka in our cabin. We then purchase tonic at port as well as snack food. I never have them in the house, but for some reason I must have cheezits on the ship. Makes no sense LOL

We always take our own soda (diet Coke/Pepsi) on board at embarkation and then, if needed, replenish when we are in port. There is a nice grocery near the pier in PV, and convenience stores near the tender in Cabo.

My boyfriend and I are cruise Mariner of the Seas Feb 28-Mar 7. I have seen some people post about the best places to buy alcohol and drop it back off at the ship so they didn't have to carry it around with them. Is it true that you can bring any food/drink back on the boat with you from each port? Can you bring food from your original departure (LA, CA)? Thanks for your info!

If you are a Keebler double fudge cookie addict, bring a case aboard and restock at every port. They don’t care about food and non-alcoholic beverages that you want to bring aboard.

Taking food off the ship could be an issue if it isn’t processed, packaged goods. Most countries don’t want fruits, vegetables or that sandwich you made from the buffet brought off the ship.

Enjoy!

If you bring alcohol from a foreign port (ie Cabo, PV, etc), then yes, when you are coming back aboard the ship, they will ask you to check your booze. It will be delivered (back to you) to your cabin on your final night of the cruise. Some people bring back multiple bottles which are detected by security, but when they get to the booze desk to check their purchase, they only hand over one bottle and sneak the rest back to their cabin.

I certainly would never do this because I smuggle all my booze onboard at the beginning of the cruise.

Great info! Thanks! If we bring alcohol on the ship, the crew will hold it until we return to LA?

A good place to buy alcohol is in PV Wallmart and Sams Club are directly across the street from where the ship docks Sams Club gives day passes to cruise passengers but bring your own bag to carry it as they charge for them

Yup, you can definitely bring your own snacks onboard but remember there's always plenty of food available onboard so you really wouldn't have to unless you can't live without a certain particular brand/kind. As far as beverages - yes you can bring on your own water/soda - as much as you like. As far as alcohol goes, all I can say is www.rumrunners.com. Enough said.:p

No, you have to check/claim alcohol. They will tag it and give it back at the end of your cruise. We always manage to have some vodka in our cabin. We then purchase tonic at port as well as snack food. I never have them in the house, but for some reason I must have cheezits on the ship. Makes no sense LOL

kr8z--can you please email me at kim.stell@lmco.com? I have a question and I didn't see an email address for you. We are leaving 3/7/2010 for Mex. Riviera.

THis might be a really dumb questions, but do they search your tote bags when you go back on the ship at ports or on when you embark.

When getting back on the ship at ports you will go through the same type of things you go through for security at the airports. All bags are run through an xray machine and you must go through the metal detector. At least that's what I have seen on Royal and Carnival! They know what you have in those bags.

Yup, you can definitely bring your own snacks onboard but remember there's always plenty of food available onboard so you really wouldn't have to unless you can't live without a certain particular brand/kind. As far as beverages - yes you can bring on your own water/soda - as much as you like. As far as alcohol goes, all I can say is www.rumrunners.com. Enough said.:p

didn't find a rumrunners.com

We use the rumrunner flasks and they are great. Never a leak. Make sure you follow the filling directions and you will not have a problem. Easy to pack in your checked baggage. Just put them around your soft clothing. They have never leaked on us yet.

We got the cruise spring break package with (4) 32oz flasks and (3) 8oz flasks. We use the 32oz ones for pre-made margarita's and mojito's. The 8oz ones are great for my Drambui.

We use the rumrunner flasks and they are great. Never a leak. Make sure you follow the filling directions and you will not have a problem. Easy to pack in your checked baggage. Just put them around your soft clothing. They have never leaked on us yet.

We got the cruise spring break package with (4) 32oz flasks and (3) 8oz flasks. We use the 32oz ones for pre-made margarita's and mojito's. The 8oz ones are great for my Drambui.

You rock!!! Thanks for the info! There is a retail store nearby that we will pick some up today!

They look to have a similar cap design so I don't think you'll have any problems. Don't fill them to 100% capacity. Try about 80% full to keep them flexible enough not to burst.

My only concern is that they are called "disposable" and claim to be usable several times before being thrown away. How do you define "several". There is no "usage life" stated for the rumrunners so they may use a stronger plastic.

So you should be fine with what you have but when you throw them out, switch to the rumrunners. I also like that rumrunners come in various sizes. We use the 32oz ones to bring pre-mixed drinks with us.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been successful in bringing a case of water on board?

I tried once and taped my luggage tag to the top and it never made it to our room. I was really disappointed.

We were on the Mariner PNW on 5/24. We brought a case of water with the luggage tag. We also have a large duffle bag that we can put a flat of water and 12 pack of soda in. We've never had a problem. We've brought flats of water on RC and on Princess. Maybe try it again? I would be very bummed if ours never showed up too!

Archived