Spanx

nanak915

Has anyone used a spanx bodysuit? I wanted to order one to wear under my dresses but I'm not sure if they are worth the money. I am a senior and things just don't stay where you want them to anymore. I was looking at the slips and the bodysuits for under slacks and tops. Any advice would be appreciated.

Spanx are girdles...they're tight and hot. Get a dress that fits properly, and you won't need to wear any extra undergarments! I'm a "senior", too, and if you have the proper cut in your clothes, there's no need to "suck it in" to make you look less "lumpy"!

I agree with above posters but can appreciate the first post about it being a girdle. I've used spanks hose and they were great. Yes, they were more snug than wearing nothing but the confidence they gave me under my little black dress far outweighed the feeling of ultra control top hose. So I would say test drive them and if the discomfort of the garment is less than the confidence it give you then GO FOR IT!! :)

If you get the correct size of Spanx they won't be uncomfortable. The problem is when you buy one a size smaller thinking that it will make you a size smaller. ;)

I have the partial body suit plus a camisole and some of their hose. I just find they smooth out the bulges, they don't really make me much smaller.

If there is a shop nearby that sells Spanx then give them a try!

• 2 months later...

I have tried many girdles and shapers over the years (can't stand them - too constricting), but I love Spanx. They are not binding or constricting, but do even out the lumps and bumps. I have also tried imitations that claim to be just a good as Spanx, and they were either not comfortable or not effective (with the exception of the Assets brand, which is made by Spanx for Target).

I mostly use the Power Panties and Footless Tights. I do buy one size larger than the package specifies, since I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs.

Archived