The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

[quote name='porthardygirl']Hi Shirley

I recieved your email.....thank you so much for information re Cocoa Beach. I will be sure to send off note to Lori.

Question: what does DV stand for ? I have racked my brains ...lol... trying to figure that abbreviation out.

Also, great list of towns south. I went to BCAA this am for triptik books. Once I get them I will have a better idea of towns between Cocoa Beach and FLL

Take care and try and have a restful fun weekend.

Sharon[/QUOTE]

Hello Sharon ---OOPS I DID A BOO BOO I meant to say CV which short for Cocoa Village -
and yes writing Lori is an excellent idea for she can give you an insight of what all to make sure and see there and enjoy
Thanks for taking the time to write and good luck

[quote name='kiraryker']Any recommendations for a group of 9 shuttling from the airport to the radisson and then back to the airport after the cruise?

Thanks[/quote]

I would definitely recommend Mike at VIP Limo (his information is in post #295, plus you will find other recommendations in this thread for his service).

For our trip that we just returned from... he had quote me $150 for towncar or $240 for limo... that's roundtrip from Orlando airport to our hotel (in Cocoa Beach) and then back from the cruise port to the airport.

I haven't read where anyone has been disappointed with his service!!

PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!

As of this morning and being out and about as I usually am everyday, You have to know that the police cars are out in full force - YOU MUST OBEY THE SPEED LIMIT OR YOU ARE GOING TO BE STOPPED AND FINED - THERE ARE NO WARNINGS.

This morning over 10 cars were stopped within a short distance of each other.

Now when you see the port and the ships, go over the overpass, the speed limit drops from 55 miles to 45 miles in the blink of an eye - start slowing down way before that so you won't be caught speeding ok.

Now consider yourself warned

OK that is all I had to say ;-) Edited by snelsonbrown

[quote name='corkyanige']I would definitely recommend Mike at VIP Limo (his information is in post #295, plus you will find other recommendations in this thread for his service).

For our trip that we just returned from... he had quote me $150 for towncar or $240 for limo... that's roundtrip from Orlando airport to our hotel (in Cocoa Beach) and then back from the cruise port to the airport.

I haven't read where anyone has been disappointed with his service!![/QUOTE]

Hey there Angie - so how was your trip here, how was your cruise? Hope you had a great time and now please keep in touch ok?
Hugsss
Shirley

I would definitely recommend Mike at VIP Limo (his information is in post #295, plus you will find other recommendations in this thread for his service).

Hello Angie,

You know what I like the most about Michael is that he doesn't just sit behind the wheel - he will point out so many interesting things about Brevard County to anyone that he takes around. He was born and raised here so of course, he knows so much about just about everything. I really believe he is very sincere, loyal, knowledgeable and most of all honest.

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Always

Shirley

Thanks! How could I get ahold of him?

Would really like to know? This board is not suppose to be used for personal gain. Whats snelsonbrown getting from Michael? Executiveviplimo is not permitted to do business in Port Canaveral. Why would she recomend a comp. thats not permitted to do business in the port? How many of the past customers experienced this? Another company picking you up and transporting you to Michael off port property, i.e a hotel near the port? I think Ms. Brown is a little bias and must be getting a kick back from the companies she recomends. If you think this is a hoax, try looking at the Port web site to see if this company is there. To future customers look to see if his vehicle has a port canaveral sticker in the windshield and if the driver has a port license. So mMs Brown or whatever you go by? Why do you recomend this Michael over and over again for? Does Michael give you $ or is that you really recomend people without proper research?

Would really like to know? This board is not suppose to be used for personal gain. Whats snelsonbrown getting from Michael? Executiveviplimo is not permitted to do business in Port Canaveral. Why would she recomend a comp. thats not permitted to do business in the port? How many of the past customers experienced this? Another company picking you up and transporting you to Michael off port property, i.e a hotel near the port? I think Ms. Brown is a little bias and must be getting a kick back from the companies she recomends. If you think this is a hoax, try looking at the Port web site to see if this company is there. To future customers look to see if his vehicle has a port canaveral sticker in the windshield and if the driver has a port license. So mMs Brown or whatever you go by? Why do you recomend this Michael over and over again for? Does Michael give you $ or is that you really recomend people without proper research?

Rest assured that Shirley does this for no personal gain, and to even think of accusing her of this is just plain wrong.:mad: I have met her personally and know exactly what caring, gracious persons both her and Norm are. How dare you come in on your first post and make such accusations. This woman goes out of her way to make people fee comfortable in here hometown by making SUGGESTIONS to people, listing all available services that she can find, and CC allows the discusions of pros and cons between it's members. If there's a more valuable thread on CC, I've yet to find it!!:)

I did not portray myself as "Mr. Know It All":confused:,,,I expressed my personal opinions of one particular PERSON whom I have had the privilege of meeting, and will defend her motives instead of questioning them because of that opportunity. You may continue to engage yourself with name calling, you have shown your true colors with your comments, and should be treated in the same manner. However, I will not lower myself to your level and will move on in a more positive manner. Have a good evening.

WOW!!! this really caught me off guard but the answer is NO and if you will go to Post 295, or do a search, you will see I give many choices of many types of everything and anything. I want folks to feel safe regardless of whom, what, etc they decide for themselves here.

Anyhow may you have a great and pleasant day

Edited by snelsonbrown

Kudos to you Shirley. We, who have followed and used this thread and the old one for several years applaud your finesse and class. Perhaps if Zac had done a little homework he would see all the glowing reports about Michael, and how his website was hacked. Me thinks that one doesn't get rave reviews if they aren't good.

Anyway, on to the good things. I'll be at the BW in a month. Shirley, is there a good nail place by the Publix. We won't have a car, or is there one somewhere that we can get too. Thanx for everything you do

Wow sounds like sour grapes to me. Maybe someone that was taken off the recommended list.

If you knew anything about how this thread works, you would know that businesses get put on or taken off the recommended list according to the personal experience of the numerous posters as well as Shirley herself. Shirley puts in countless hours on doing research and contacting businesses and even if she did get kickbacks, which I highly doubt she does, I wouldn't begrudge her them, she's earned it!

As for VIP limo, there are many different reasons as to why he is not permitted to do business at the port. My theory would be that he chooses not to pay the port fees to be able to pick up and drop off inside the gates. That doesn't mean he's not a legitimate business, it may allow him to charge a little less then others. But until people's personal experience changes for the worse, I suspect he'll stay on the recommended list regardless of your sour grapes.

Executiveviplimo is not permitted to do business in Port Canaveral. Why would she recomend a comp. thats not permitted to do business in the port? How many of the past customers experienced this? Another company picking you up and transporting you to Michael off port property, i.e a hotel near the port?

Shirley, would you please answer, is this true????

Thanks

Susan

WOW.......how dare you say anything bad about Shirley!!! She has helped countless cruisers with such wonderful information about the whole PC area. She is an ASSET to all of us here who love to cruise and has become like a part of our family!!! Thank you Shirley for being such a warm and gracious person.

And to the poster.......well I just won't say anymore......:mad:

I'll be at the BW in a month. Shirley, is there a good nail place by the Publix. We won't have a car, or is there one somewhere that we can get too. Thanx for everything you do

Hello again beej, :)

Right by Publix is a nail place called Diva's Nails - they are the ones I use and so far no complaints - ask Tina to show you the new gel they are using - I love it for it is so Bling bling:-)

good luck and really ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley, i think somebody up there must have told me to change my air, cause now we are arriving on the 14th. Considering we are staying at the Best Western, i can safely say that Thursday night we will definitely walk up to Our Saviours and their annual festval. Thanx for the heads up

Just came to my little toady head:

Zac98, this is for you. Betcha Shirley does get a kick back for posting about Our Saviour's Parish. I'm sure God kicks back a pat on the head and a whisper of love and grace in her ear. We should all look for that very special "Kickback"

Edited by beej

Shirley, would you please answer, is this true????

Thanks

Susan

Hello Susan - nope this is not true - what did happen and I just spoke to Michael is that in a senior moment, he forgot to renew his badging and all should be up to par by the end of this week and it will not interfere with taking care of his guest.

Now one other thing, this is the first time since this thread has been started, we have never had any issues and I would like for all of us to just continue as we were doing so that the thread won't be shut down for then everyone loses in the end.

For the record, I do not receive any compensation, kick backs, etc for posting what I do.

I spend hours and hours going over a great deal for the reason being, as a single mom, I knew what it was to be in a strange town, not know anyone or anything etc and since I have the opportunity to know about goes on around here, I like to share it with those that are coming here - I do not single anyone or anything or anyplace out but if I feel those that are really sincere and honest, to recognize just that. I do not want any of our visitors to leave here with a bad taste in their mouths.

So that is all I have to say and please know that anytime I feel you should know something, I am very upfront - this is why I made the HUGE statement about being careful about watching your speed limits. I am sure the City and the County needs your monies, but I would rather it not be in speed tickets

Meanwhile have a great week and will be back to chat.

Hugssssssssssssss