The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hello oracer,

I had the chance to meet the owners and also had the chance to go out and look at their place and for the money, it really is nice and offer quite a bit of comfort - I see them at the port and appears they are always on time for drop offs and pick ups - on the other hand, a number of our hotels are beginning to make the same offer - Radisson should be receiving new transport vehicles any day now and I see them at the port with their courtier holding a banner up directing them to their bus so you won't get loss - there are a lot of changes going on at the port as they are getting ready for construction on terminal # 6 which will be located right by where the Carnival Sensation, NCL Jewel and Gem come in at.

Can't wait to see whether they have broken ground for Terminal 6 when we cruise in August. Do you know which ships will use the new terminal? Are they putting in more parking? thanks

Can't wait to see whether they have broken ground for Terminal 6 when we cruise in August. Do you know which ships will use the new terminal? Are they putting in more parking? thanks

I don't know what cruise line will be going into Terminal 6 - I do know that all the cruisers and transportation are now being directed to the Northeast parking lot - looks like it has been going smooth - once everything starts, I am sure everyone will try and make it all as easy as possible. As I find out information, will post it -

This is such a neat and interesting place - I remember when it first opened and the space center was entering into their height of flights - the ride through this wildlife refuge was taking my children on an adventure - there are several eagles who carried the tradition of building/repairing their old nest on top of electric poles every year - it was so amazing - I haven't been out there in so many years, but I can say, it is one of the most interesting rides you will have and enjoy - here is a link to help you better -

http://www.fws.gov/merrittisland/

Hope you and your family truly will enjoy

That is great to hear! It looked like it would be interesting, but I'm glad to hear such an enthusiastic review - I hope we get to see some interesting wildlife while we are there! Thanks!

Hi everyone.

We have just been doing a bit of research, trying to find the local beach that we feel will be right for us, and Cherie Down is looking real good to us.

One question that we cannot seem to find an answer to is 'What about parking?' The Google map satellite map seems to show a parking lot right there, am I right? If so, is there a parking fee or entrance fee to get in to the park, and if so, how much?

Hi everyone.

We have just been doing a bit of research, trying to find the local beach that we feel will be right for us, and Cherie Down is looking real good to us.

One question that we cannot seem to find an answer to is 'What about parking?' The Google map satellite map seems to show a parking lot right there, am I right? If so, is there a parking fee or entrance fee to get in to the park, and if so, how much?

Parking is free and right there. It is not a huge lot and gets sort of full on the weekends.

Sorry...I haven't read through this whole post...but I really need some advice. We will be spending one day off the ship in Port Canaveral with 2 older teens. We have done Disney, Seaworld, and Universal prior to this trip. The kids maybe just want to spend the day at Cocoa Beach...but not sure how far it is...if there are taxis or shuttles...if there are chair or umbrella rentals??? This is not like me...I usually have everything planned months in advance, but I just can't quite find something that suits us all. And advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Sorry...I haven't read through this whole post...but I really need some advice. We will be spending one day off the ship in Port Canaveral with 2 older teens. We have done Disney, Seaworld, and Universal prior to this trip. The kids maybe just want to spend the day at Cocoa Beach...but not sure how far it is...if there are taxis or shuttles...if there are chair or umbrella rentals??? This is not like me...I usually have everything planned months in advance, but I just can't quite find something that suits us all. And advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

I would take a taxi to Ron Jons surf shop. You will all ove it and it is on a good beach nead food and shops. About $15

5 months before my cruise and just doing a bit more planning for the night before.

we did Grills last December, it was okay; but where would be a good place to eat?-we are staying at the Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach--will not have a car.

5 months before my cruise and just doing a bit more planning for the night before.

we did Grills last December, it was okay; but where would be a good place to eat?-we are staying at the Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach--will not have a car.

Branos Italian is almost across the street and is very good.

Hey there Star - Preston is right about Brandon's and if you mention you are off this board, they will give you an extra treat - ask for Erin, the GM, she will make sure of that treat - food is excellent although I am really don't care much for their food Norm is and a great judge of restaurants with great food:)

Take care and hope to catch up with you while here

Starfish, take that advice. Stayed at the CI and they told us to eat at Branos. Will be staying there again in the fall before sailing and Branos is the place we'll eat on Saturday night. Really good Italian food. Didn't know about the extra treat, so thanx for the tip Shirley. I can always count on you for something special. make sure everyone knows about the great church fair. We'll miss it this year.

Edited by beej

Starfish, take that advice. Stayed at the CI and they told us to eat at Branos. Will be staying there again in the fall before sailing and Branos is the place we'll eat on Saturday night. Really good Italian food. Didn't know about the extra treat, so thanx for the tip Shirley. I can always count on you for something special. make sure everyone knows about the great church fair. We'll miss it this year.

beej, we are booked at the CI in Sept. for the first time. Can you please share your thoughts on your experience with rooms, staff, shuttle service. Did you use the park and cruise package? Thanks in advance for any information you can pass along.

Whew, what a great 4th of July weekend. Even had private fireworks and screaming mimims thanx to our neighbors.

Imola, the CI is not elaborate, but is clean, has a great beach on the property and a lovely pool. Staff is always there to help and are really nice people. We used the Travelynx shuttle last year and they were wonderful. This year we are using the one CI has regular pick ups with just because it is easier for all. There were never problems. last year they were both there together.

Since we don't have a car, the area is great for us. Across the street is an Ihop run by the same people forever. BTW, CI now does the regular breakfast all CI's do. Yes, this is new in the past year or so. Waffles, toast, cereal. Works for me since I'll have lunch on the ship. Also across the street is a small strip type mall with a Publix, Bealls Outlet (good deals for the ladies who shop like me), Walgreens, Cvs and a couple of other little places. Branos up the street, and right next door a Ron Jon store and stuff and a Starbucks with really good pastry. It is ideal for us, safe and comfortable. Oh, the trolley and bus stop outside

Hope this helped

beej, wow you are fast and very helpful. Folks on this board always are but it helps to hear from someone who has actually stayed at the hotel. You have made it sound perfect for our needs. The breakfast you speak of sounds perfect for us, as we eat light in the morning anyway. I love Italian food so we are planning to eat at the restaurant everyone talks about. DH does not drink coffee but Starbucks it up my alley. A little shoppping for the two GS sounds in order at the surrounding areas. You mentioned a trolley. We love riding trolleys. Do you know where it go to? I am sorry to have so many questions but you have increased our excitement about out trip. lol

beej, wow you are fast and very helpful. Folks on this board always are but it helps to hear from someone who has actually stayed at the hotel. You have made it sound perfect for our needs. The breakfast you speak of sounds perfect for us, as we eat light in the morning anyway. I love Italian food so we are planning to eat at the restaurant everyone talks about. DH does not drink coffee but Starbucks it up my alley. A little shoppping for the two GS sounds in order at the surrounding areas. You mentioned a trolley. We love riding trolleys. Do you know where it go to? I am sorry to have so many questions but you have increased our excitement about out trip. lol

Here is a link you will really enjoy and answers your question about the trolley - you will use #9 for Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cocoabeach.com/trolley.html

THANKS for the info about the italian place, probably only one that doesnt care for italian, but i definitely can be fine with Ihop;)

and THANKS beej for all the other info...sounds like we will be just FINE staying here:)

Hey there Star - Preston is right about Brandon's and if you mention you are off this board, they will give you an extra treat - ask for Erin, the GM, she will make sure of that treat - food is excellent although I am really don't care much for their food Norm is and a great judge of restaurants with great food:)

Take care and hope to catch up with you while here

hey SHIRLEY...hope all is well with you & yours!

we are looking forward to coming to PC again and HOPE to have a little more time this trip--we just got in to late last time.

How long does it take to walk from the pier that NCL Jewel docks at to the Trolley stop? Is it an easy, safe walk?

Nope you can not walk - too dangerous - Jewel comes into terminal 5, large area with cabs & transportation - just catch a cab to where you might want to go and then discover the area on the trolley - very interesting and fun to ride the trolley -

THANKS for the info about the italian place, probably only one that doesnt care for italian, but i definitely can be fine with Ihop;)

and THANKS beej for all the other info...sounds like we will be just FINE staying here:)

Hey Star - I love IHOP and go there usually on Sunday for their breakfast also if you will ask for Libby the owner and tell her you are off this board, she also will give you a treat for doing so.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!