Enchantment of the Seas--questions???

mets550

Pincus,

Like someone else posted the porter will take you thru customs (after imigration) and if you ask should take your luggage to your car. We aren't able to handle ours and they always take it to either our taxi, or shuttle bus especially if they know you will tip!!

I have a couple questions for all you cruise people =)

I have sailed on one cruise before, the carnival pride out of Baltimore. But when I saw the prices for EOS 9 Night cruise I couldn't pass it up. I have a few questions that would be awesome if any of you could answer.

1. The cruise is August 25th. the last carnival pride cruise i went on in November (around veterans day) was all families and seniors. I was just shocked there were very very few younger people. Will this cruise be the same or was the prides demographic mainly because we sailed in November

2. I read that the rooms located in the newer part of the ship are nicer, is there any truth to that? if so are there any interior rooms in that bunch?

3. I plan on going with my girlfriend. I am 24 she is 22 and i was wondering does the "younger" crowd usually select early or late dinner?

4. What is the best way to actually book your cruise? Is it best just to call RCL? I notice on their site right now they have cheaper prices.

5. Are there any good websites to book excursions?

Thanks for any insight you provide!

I have a couple questions for all you cruise people =)

2. I read that the rooms located in the newer part of the ship are nicer, is there any truth to that? if so are there any interior rooms in that bunch?

Thanks for any insight you provide!

We are looking to cruise Enchantment in 2011 and I have also heard that the cabins added during the stretch are a little nicer. I understand they are equipped with flat screen tv. :cool:

I think it would be difficult to say if more younger people would be at early or late dinner.

You will probably find more young people, especially families with kids, on your cruise in late August. A lot of kids will still be out of school for summerr vacation.

To find some good excursions go the Ports of Call board and look for the islands which you will be visiting on your cruise. Folks will be posting about private excursions that they have booked and will either recommend it or tell you it wasn't worth the money. A great place for tips of things to see and do.

Hope you have a great cruise!

This was my 2-top on the Enchantment:

2170166870080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks so much for the great pictures. The ship looks so beautiful, which makes waiting until October even more difficult! By the way, you and Tina make a very attractive couple.

why is this steam room, sauna question so hard to get answered? Again, is there a steam room and sauna on the ship?

And with that attitude, it probably won't be answered. Did you ever consider that no one reading this thread has used that amenity....if it exists? :rolleyes:

dcmetro315:

1. In late August you will definitely get many more young people.

2. I believe there are interior rooms in the center (newer) part of the ship. Some of these rooms are a little bigger too. If you can get one it is certainly worth it. The other cabins are fine too, though.

3. I went on Enchantment when I was 21 (with my girlfriend who was the same age). The late seating would probably be better for our age group. The early one might have more families with little kids and older people.

4. You can call or book online, but I'd suggest using a travel agent. The price should be the same and most travel agents will give you onboard credit (even if it is not that much) as an incentive to book with them. They can also be a powerful advocate for you incase you have any problems/special requests.

5. We booked excursions through the cruise line. You do pay a premium but you are guaranteed safety and that the ship will wait for you if your tour has a flat tire or something.

We were on Enchantment in Jan 2010. I will post some random impressions.

This was our first RCC cruise. This was a Spanish language trip and we don't speak Spanish. We did not know this until we boarded. This did not interfere with our enjoyment of the trip very much if at all.

The itinerary was great. Full of Spanish history and some good snorkeling.

The dining room staff and the concierge were really good. The cabin attendant only slightly less so.

The coffee was surprisingly good.

The food was generally fair with some of it poor ( soggy waffles and pancakes for example). The wine I had was poor and expensive. For $50. you ought to get a decent Chilean white.

Virtually nobody wore a tux. I felt a bit silly wearing one. Hardly anyone wore a tie or jacket. No jeans or t-shirts on formal nights tho.

The dining room was relatively peaceful but the buffet was chaotic. Really chaotic with pushing and yelling.

The ship seemed more crowded by a factor of ten than any I have seen. I think because people spent little time in their rooms.

The library was the smallest I have seen on a ship.

The ship itself was a bit tired looking. Dented elevator doors and door jams and stained rugs. The walls in the halls were in fairly good shape. Our suite was a bit tired also with an old small TV but still the nicest stateroom we have had. The balcony furniture was poor - plastic wicker with no cushions.

The concierge lounge was very good. A great place to meet before dinner for a drink. It was never crowded.

Room service was quick but we did not use it often because the coffee was not as good.

The shows,as on most ships, varied from quite good to terrible.

As far as I could tell there were no talks about the history or the wildlife of the area. You have to read before the trip.

I see you stayed in a Suite. Does the EOS offer reserved seating in the Theater? Does the CL have Wi-Fi? Any other Suite perks?

I am almost positive there was a sauna in the locker room for the gym..not sure about a steam room. The spa probably has many of these items as well. I believe the locker rooms have them though.

thanks so much.

to get answered? Again, is there a steam room and sauna on the ship?

Your question sorta gets lost in the top, not sure what you are doing to your posts. Are you putting part of the question in the title maybe??

EDIT: You are putting part of the question in the title field. I put "you put question here?" in that field & it shows like your posts. It is difficult to see your posts that way....

We were on Enchantment in Jan 2010. I will post some random impressions.

This was our first RCC cruise. This was a Spanish language trip and we don't speak Spanish. We did not know this until we boarded. This did not interfere with our enjoyment of the trip very much if at all.

The itinerary was great. Full of Spanish history and some good snorkeling.

The dining room staff and the concierge were really good. The cabin attendant only slightly less so.

The coffee was surprisingly good.

The food was generally fair with some of it poor ( soggy waffles and pancakes for example). The wine I had was poor and expensive. For $50. you ought to get a decent Chilean white.

Virtually nobody wore a tux. I felt a bit silly wearing one. Hardly anyone wore a tie or jacket. No jeans or t-shirts on formal nights tho.

The dining room was relatively peaceful but the buffet was chaotic. Really chaotic with pushing and yelling.

The ship seemed more crowded by a factor of ten than any I have seen. I think because people spent little time in their rooms.

The library was the smallest I have seen on a ship.

The ship itself was a bit tired looking. Dented elevator doors and door jams and stained rugs. The walls in the halls were in fairly good shape. Our suite was a bit tired also with an old small TV but still the nicest stateroom we have had. The balcony furniture was poor - plastic wicker with no cushions.

The concierge lounge was very good. A great place to meet before dinner for a drink. It was never crowded.

Room service was quick but we did not use it often because the coffee was not as good.

The shows,as on most ships, varied from quite good to terrible.

As far as I could tell there were no talks about the history or the wildlife of the area. You have to read before the trip.

Cruisers note that there is a drydock coming up soon - when the dents and the carpets and such will likely be changed/fixed....still a beautiful ship.

I did that same cruise January 2009. I knew it was a Spanish immersion cruise, but most of the cruisers also spoke English and it was fun to try to learn some Spanish. I think Cartagena de Indias was my favourite of the ports.

Enchantment and Grandeur are swapping places - Enchantment will be sailing out of Baltimore by July, and Grandeur is going to Colon.

Fran in Toronto

At the end of our port day in Cozumel on our late Sept/Oct 09 5 day EOS cruise I was in the shower of our 8th deck inside cabin in the aft of the ship when I felt a big BUMP! I knew we were still moored at the dock, but then the Captain came on the intercom calling all crew to their stations!! DH grabbed his camera and ran to see what was going on! The web site I attached has better shots than DH got and the EOS fared much better than the Carnival Legend which was blown into us as it was trying to sail away and a big wind storm blew up!

http://cruiseind.wordpress.com/2009/09/30/collision-in-cozumel/

dcmetro315:

1. In late August you will definitely get many more young people.

2. I believe there are interior rooms in the center (newer) part of the ship. Some of these rooms are a little bigger too. If you can get one it is certainly worth it. The other cabins are fine too, though.

3. I went on Enchantment when I was 21 (with my girlfriend who was the same age). The late seating would probably be better for our age group. The early one might have more families with little kids and older people.

4. You can call or book online, but I'd suggest using a travel agent. The price should be the same and most travel agents will give you onboard credit (even if it is not that much) as an incentive to book with them. They can also be a powerful advocate for you incase you have any problems/special requests.

5. We booked excursions through the cruise line. You do pay a premium but you are guaranteed safety and that the ship will wait for you if your tour has a flat tire or something.

Thank you for your answers! Would you recommend a travel agent to me?

At the end of our port day in Cozumel on our late Sept/Oct 09 5 day EOS cruise I was in the shower of our 8th deck inside cabin in the aft of the ship when I felt a big BUMP! I knew we were still moored at the dock, but then the Captain came on the intercom calling all crew to their stations!! DH grabbed his camera and ran to see what was going on! The web site I attached has better shots than DH got and the EOS fared much better than the Carnival Legend which was blown into us as it was trying to sail away and a big wind storm blew up!

http://cruiseind.wordpress.com/2009/09/30/collision-in-cozumel/

I saw some video posted on cruisecritic when this happened. Amazing how the wind pushed the Carnival ship, but seeing how a cruise ship is like a giant sail not surprising...

I saw some video posted on cruisecritic when this happened. Amazing how the wind pushed the Carnival ship, but seeing how a cruise ship is like a giant sail not surprising...

On our trip on the Enchantment, it drifted into a cargo ship while anchored at Grand Cayman. We weren't on board but on shore wondering why in the heck the ship was moving! Created a BIG dent. :eek:

This was my 2-top on the Enchantment:

Thank you Paul for the link to your wonderful photo album. DH and I are considering sailing from Baltimore Feb 2011. Your photos did a lot to convince us that we would be happy on this lovely ship. The photos of JS 8114 were of particular interest to me. Can you tell me about the noise level in this cabin/area? It seems as if it would be okay at night but we sometimes like to nap in the afternoon on sea days. Any information you could share about this cabin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

June

PS - isn't Tulum one of the most beautiful places? your photos brought back some really nice memories...:)

Archived