Behind the Fun Tour

lovin2cruise

thanx, from what ive gathered on the boards here; the cost/length/swag is determined by how long of cruise ur taking

so many different threads bouncing around, would be nice to have somebody (knowledgeable - lets me out) list the ships that r on the short & long version of tour & the 'gifts' included.;) from what i 'think' i gathered w/quick search the tours differ by cost due to length of tour.

i believe the 5 day Destiny tour is $55 & u receive:

hat, lanyard, wrist band & recipe for melting chocolate cake

no book or chocolate covered strawberries sent to cabin:(probably can buy them aboard i'd think i u really wanted them?

We just did the tour on Splendor last week. It was $95 and held on the last sea day (Saturday). Tour was approximately 4 hours. Our group (16) ran at 8:45 and the next group at 9:15.

Gifts included: fruit/veggie carving (for the ladies), and everyone received: (2) photos, lanyard, soap carving, backpack/slingpack, hat, Spendor booklet w/stats and recipe for Warm Chocolate melting cake, plate of chocolate covered strawberries and other goodies delivered to stateroom, champagne/Mimosa/juice/water offered in Pinnacle Steakhouse. Ummm.... that's everything I can remember!

Tour was worthwhile for a one-time experience. Not something we would necessarily do again though.

YES, Circle C and Camp Carnival are included in the price of the cruise... This "tour" is not included in the price of the cruise...

I also read that it was $95...Is it really only $55.? That's a big difference in price... Anyone know for sure?

I know for sure as we just got off the Destiny ad that is what we paid!

Exactly the same as below ( We received 3 pictures however)~ Did it in Dec.

We just did the tour on Splendor last week. It was $95 and held on the last sea day (Saturday). Tour was approximately 4 hours. Our group (16) ran at 8:45 and the next group at 9:15.

Gifts included: fruit/veggie carving (for the ladies), and everyone received: (2) photos, lanyard, soap carving, backpack/slingpack, hat, Spendor booklet w/stats and recipe for Warm Chocolate melting cake, plate of chocolate covered strawberries and other goodies delivered to stateroom, champagne/Mimosa/juice/water offered in Pinnacle Steakhouse. Ummm.... that's everything I can remember!

Tour was worthwhile for a one-time experience. Not something we would necessarily do again though.

Worth every penny!

I took the BEHIND THE FUN tour on the sensation in December. You get a behind the fun cap, with "honorary crew member "on the back. They make you give back the "all access pass" :) but you keep the lanyard. They delivered our picture with the captain to us at our dinner table, which impressed the other diners :) good thinking on their part. Leave your phone and camera in your cabin. wear sturdy shoes...some people were sent back to change as they had ignored the directions and foolishly wore flip flops. I was fascinated by the ENGINE CONTROL ROOM and the man running it. Loved the kitchens tour. Was impresed by how proud ot their jobs all the people were, and how eager they were to answer all of our questions. . we sampled strawberries dipped in white and dark chocolate. I'm curious by nature, so was interested the whole way..like by the machine that folds 1,000 towels per hour. the different food storage areas, the fruit carver artists... the speciality cakes etc. saw the crew dining rooms, their break room and more. well worth the price and the time. we were tired after the tour..took a few elevators, but a lot of steep narrow stairs. The bridge was AWESOME. learned a lot.

what time of day is the cruise offered?

is it on sea or port day?

On the Paradise we met at 8:45 in the Library on our only sea day. The tour started at 9am. There was a tray of pastries and Coffee/Tea/OJ/Water to drink. A couple brought a cellphone and camera. Our guide tagged them and put them in her backpack that she wore the whole time.

The info for what is needed and prohibited is on every piece of paper I read for this tour. And on the envelope the tickets were placed in, no idea how they missed it.

The tour lasted 3 1/2 hours. It was supposed to end at noon.

Seems each ship does things a bit differently.

Archived