Caribbean Cooks

lmcubs

Hi Lois,

Can this cooking class only be booked through the cruise ship?

karen

Hi Karen:) I think you can book directly with them. I went through the

ship. Here is a link to the website:

http://www.caribbeancooks.com/index.html

Wendy is a fabulous cook:D...as I said I booked through Celebrity

but give them a call or email them and see what they say about doing

it independently.

• 8 months later...

WOW..really?:eek: This was one of the best excursions I have ever done:D

2 Sisters from the states moved to St Kitts and absolutley did a wonderful

job.

This is still an ongoing excursion on the cruise ships' itineraries. It is no longer the 2 sisters from the States who are doing the cooking classes but a lady who was the former chef at Montpelier Estates. I believe it is being held at Fairview (Nirvana) and is still called Caribbean Cooks. This is very reliable information as I just met the chef last Monday on St. Kitts and she said this Friday would be their first class. Enjoy - it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

What a shame! Always wanted to try the tour. Such a good relaxing tour.

There was one other Caribbean island that had a cooking tour excursion...anyone remember which island?

Dominica.....try Dominica. I know it was there because I was supposed

to do it but they changed the time on me and I cancelled:rolleyes: but

I heard it was fabulous:)

This is still an ongoing excursion on the cruise ships' itineraries. It is no longer the 2 sisters from the States who are doing the cooking classes but a lady who was the former chef at Montpelier Estates. I believe it is being held at Fairview (Nirvana) and is still called Caribbean Cooks. This is very reliable information as I just met the chef last Monday on St. Kitts and she said this Friday would be their first class. Enjoy - it sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

Thanks for making my evening more upbeat, just wondering if this is a private tour, or ship offered?

Other islands with cooking tours are Curacao, Dominica, and St Lucia. My friend did the class in Curacao, and said it was one of the best excursions she's done. We both did the one in St Lucia and were disappointed, because we didn't actually get to cook. They're supposed to be "fixing" that so the participants actually get to cook. The St Lucia cooking class sounds similar to the one offfered in Dominica, but I haven't had the opportunity to try that one yet.

I was so disappointed when I heard the ladies weren't do the class. We're signed up for the class in December. Love to hear any reports on this new class. Where is Fairview or Nirvana? How far from the ship? Is there a beach near by?

I did a little research and it seems that it's in a pretty spot with a 300 yr. old colonial home, resturant and beautiful gardens. If you book the tour you can swim in their pool. The estate overlooks the the sea facing Nevis. It also has an apiary. It's located on the south-east Peninsula, nestled at the foot of Artist Level Hill. I emailed them and asked about doing the pool after the class.

So please give us a review if you take this class.

The Fairview Inn/Nirvana is NOT located on the SE Penisula. It is West of Basseterre on the main island road. I will be driving by it on Friday, I don't think they have moved since my last visit in November of 2011.

I know that you picked a winner! We've already booked it for our upcoming cruise. I made one of last year's recipes just a few days ago (Cinnamon Chicken with Plantains) and am really looking forward to being there again this year. :)

Can you post,scan or email recipe? buffettfan225-cruise at yahoo. com

The Fairview Inn/Nirvana is NOT located on the SE Penisula. It is West of Basseterre on the main island road. I will be driving by it on Friday, I don't think they have moved since my last visit in November of 2011.

I was quoting from one of their web sites. I'll have to find the site that told me that.

I did get an email from their tour coordinator. The class is now 3.5 hrs and includes about 30 minutes to walk around the grounds or go to their gift shop. They will get a taxi at my own expense if we choose to stay and take advantage of the pool or tour.

I was quoting from one of their web sites. I'll have to find the site that told me that.

I did get an email from their tour coordinator. The class is now 3.5 hrs and includes about 30 minutes to walk around the grounds or go to their gift shop. They will get a taxi at my own expense if we choose to stay and take advantage of the pool or tour.

thanks for update, more info from anyone as you receive it, or take the tour. Glad they build in a bit of relax or shop time too. Was it booked through online agency like Caribbean cooks directly?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived