Found a camera and photos from qm2

MAUREGATO

I don't believe that looks like a Cunard ship, at least to me. The other ship does, but not the one that they are on.

The interior photos shown are at what I believe is a museum of some kind. And the picture with crew/staff member looks like it is Cunard but I might be wrong.

The interior photos shown are at what I believe is a museum of some kind. And the picture with crew/staff member looks like it is Cunard but I might be wrong.

I'm going to really stick my neck out here as someone who is yet to set foot in the USA, but I'm pretty sure that the last two images were taken in the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.

That looks like the exhibition where they have a small piece of moon rock that visitors are allowed to touch.

J

I don't believe that looks like a Cunard ship, at least to me. The other ship does, but not the one that they are on.

Clearly it is QE2 in the background of photograph one. I think that the woman is at the front of the section with the spare prop. blades at the forward end of QM2 - which would explain the bar behind. Photo three is clearly the same place, but closer up.

As for the restaurant - the uniform cries out as Cunard.

The last two photographs clearly are at some sort of technological museum.

I'm going to really stick my neck out here as someone who is yet to set foot in the USA, but I'm pretty sure that the last two images were taken in the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC.

That looks like the exhibition where they have a small piece of moon rock that visitors are allowed to touch.

J

That is also what I thought! ;)

OK, I've done some more legwork on Google and I am totally convinced that that is the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC. Not a shred of doubt about it.

J

Okay, working to solve the mystery: We know that they sailed in tamden with the QE2, that they visited DC so is there any way that OP can tell from the media card originals of the photos the date that they were taken? If so, post re lost camera on the old roll call thread and if someone or many have not taken off their autonotifications for new posts, then someone on the voyage with the camera owner might recognize them.

Is there a way for the original poster to get the date that the photos were taken, especially the ones taken on the ship?

VA Detective :cool:

I'm just looking at a photo I have of the upper deck on the Britannia Restaurant on the QM2 and the carpet and chairs are an exact match with picture number 2.

I cropped my photo to take people's faces off it. Same carpet, same chairs as on photo 2.

2wcgtoy.jpgnfnno0.jpg

Okay, working to solve the mystery: We know that they sailed in tamden with the QE2, that they visited DC so is there any way that OP can tell from the media card originals of the photos the date that they were taken? If so, post re lost camera on the old roll call thread and if someone or many have not taken off their autonotifications for new posts, then someone on the voyage with the camera owner might recognize them.

Is there a way for the original poster to get the date that the photos were taken, especially the ones taken on the ship?

VA Detective :cool:

Well, given that the card is stil usable, the images should still contain the exif data that will give not only the date but the exact time that the photos were taken (assuming that the camera's date and time were set correctly).

J

Isn't this an amazing story. My take on the photos and the OP's opinion on the fact that it is QM2 is that he's had access to all the photos, so am assuming he's seen a lot more photos that indicate it is QM2 and the photos we have seen are indicative of who the camera may actually belong to.

Would love this to continue and come to a satisfactory conclusion - i.e. the owner comes forward and relates all on this board.

Amazing how the camera was rusted and at the bottom of ocean and yet the photos are still intact. What a story, worthy of more global coverage. Fingers crossed some US and UK paper will pick up on the story. (I'd be tickled pink if it was my camera).

Well, given that the card is stil usable, the images should still contain the exif data that will give not only the date but the exact time that the photos were taken (assuming that the camera's date and time were set correctly).

The OP may not know how to extract this information. Perhaps you can post instructions here for the OP.

The OP may not know how to extract this information. Perhaps you can post instructions here for the OP.

I think the OP has demonstrated he is a man of character, resource, intelligence and imagination....without any help from this board (and subsequently some sniping and mis-information) he deduced which sailing the photos came from and identified a good way of publicising his find....I for one congratulate him on his efforts and wish him, and the photo's owners a successful outcome.

I think the OP has demonstrated he is a man of character, resource, intelligence and imagination....without any help from this board (and subsequently some sniping and mis-information) he deduced which sailing the photos came from and identified a good way of publicising his find....I for one congratulate him on his efforts and wish him, and the photo's owners a successful outcome.

I agree. And after reading the original post again, I think that the OP is sure that the people were on the October 16,2008 sailing on QM2. Hopefully someone who was on QM2 might recognize the people from the link provided: http://mas.farodevigo.es/galeria/galeria.php?foto=9036

Isn't it a pity when knowledge is destroyed? I wonder why?

Peter, I believe they just go away from this site if they have been inactive for a certain period of time. It happened on a roll call for a sailing on another cruise line--was gone when I went to look up an email address that I had misplaced.

Peter, I believe they just go away from this site if they have been inactive for a certain period of time.

Then that is a pity. What wonderful voyages,observations and posts have been lost to eternity....Meanwhile,in the Floataway lounge, I can learn from 2004 (4 years before the tandem crossing) that Captain Stubing's Daughter is getting married. Clearly much more important than a tandem crossing of the North Atlantic by the only two express liners then in service....!

I found this roll call for Oct. 16, 2008. It is a very short roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=705596&page=100

This link of for the Oct. 10, 2008 roll call. Many people on this roll call were doing a back to back. This one has a lot more activity.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=672612

Hello,

guernseyguy, Tank You Very much for Your comentary about me, but I only try to do what I think is just.

Thank you very much also to all of You who are helping. I hope that we finally get.

My cruise experience:

COSTA RIVIERA: Mediterranean Sea : Italy / Greece

NORWEGIAN JEWEL: Mediterranean Sea : Spain / Italy

NORWEGIAN JADE: Norwegian fiords and nord cape

RUBY PRINCESS: Italy / Greece / Turkey.

Next Trip: Maybe "ICELAND"

Hi.

I have been so busy with the new puppy and only looked at a few posts on here.

We were on the wonderful crossing and Im just wondering if I can email the link to the MD of the resturant if he would narrow it down to the waiter and what tables he had-worth a try.

i will email the link to him today, But i know he does not alway have time to check his emails every day

Crikey,does no one here have any contacts at BBC or Sky news?? Or any newspapers?? I'm sure they'd run this story.....the pics are so clear they'd be easily identified..Ok,edited to say I've emailed Sky and BBC with a link to this thread...

Archived